what do you guys think about gay marriage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
smile72 said:
Ritsuki Do you remember the example I gave where LDS changed to allow black people to join, they believed they were black because they were cursed by God, they now omit that from The Book of Mormon.

That's why I said that only some things should not be changed in religion. You know, I'm not really fond of religion (just look at the Pope who said that using condoms gives HIV in Africa... srsly.) but I really think that traditions and ceremony should be respected. Not because of God or whatever, but just by respect for our ancestors. Even if they did bad things, I think we should respect them a little bit, because finally, religion, even if we're atheists, is a part of our culture.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pong20302000 said:
Foxi4 said:
Pong20302000 said:
Foxi4 said:
Pong20302000 said:
id post you IP and location and stuff puts thats too personal

I have no problem with that, mine's _______

ok long as you fine with that
tongue.gif

*beep* Wrong
wink.gif
Try again, wrong node.

im not even trying
clearly the quick responses say something about you tho?

Topic:

YAY to Gays

death to Nays

I just did my share of tracking back when I was younger. In the age of DHCP connection it started being obselete, you usually end up with the ISP home adress.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ritsuki said:
smile72 said:
Ritsuki Do you remember the example I gave where LDS changed to allow black people to join, they believed they were black because they were cursed by God, they now omit that from The Book of Mormon.

That's why I said that only some things should not be changed in religion. You know, I'm not really fond of religion (just look at the Pope who said that using condoms gives HIV in Africa... srsly.) but I really think that traditions and ceremony should be respected. Not because of God or whatever, but just by respect for our ancestors. Even if they did bad things, I think we should respect them a little bit, because finally, religion, even if we're atheists, is a part of our culture.
Marriage is a hell of a lot older than any religion to date and records of gay marriage exist long before Christianity. Which means Christianity is one disrespecting traditions and ceremony of marriage.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Ritsuki said:
smile72 said:
Yes they are, they have a right to believe whatever parts of the bible they want.

Yeah, I know, that's what I do (btw, I'm not christian), but we can't just say 'I do not belive in that rule, so I'm not going to follow it'. It's a bit to easy. Religion is something that doesn't change a lot. So instead of changing it, why don't we change our system ? I don't care about same sex person who wants to marry. The most important thing is to be happy (even if I think that marriage is not the best way to be happy, but that's off topic and only my opinion
biggrin.gif
). Even if a guy wants to marry a dog, fine ! But not in a religeous way, because it would be againt the religion.
Actually no, it is not. There is nothing in the New Testament against homosexuality (there is something about Bestiality though) In fact Jesus was not against homosexuals. There was something in the Old Testament, but most Christan based religions don't follow the Old Testaments, because Jesus said that is no longer needed.
There where the problem is because that's where it creates the contradictions.

Interesting. I learned something today
smile.gif
But still, I think it would be way easier to change our actual laws than trying to change religion. Those guys are really stubborn...

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Why should we respect our ancestors when they were assholes. Do you respect Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, or Mussolini? Or even better Andrew Jackson.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
smile72 said:
Why should we respect ancestors when they were assholes. Do you respect Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, or Mussolini?
Poor examples. Not all ancestors are assholes.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
A lot of people are stubborn eventually Christianity will have to include gays, otherwise members will start to leave,it may take decades but it will happen.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Ritsuki said:
smile72 said:

Marriage is a hell of a lot older than any religion to date and records of gay marriage exist long before Christianity. Which means Christianity is one disrespecting traditions and ceremony of marriage.

religion is also just a way for people to make money

post a picture of GLCT and his partner kissing and we will see how bad this chat get

i feel so alive
i love GBAtemp when a good ol fights going down
happy.gif

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Raika you misunderstood me, Ritsuki said we should respect our ancestors even if they did bad things.

pong I've mostly been fighting with a lot of knuckleheads on this topic alone. It may seem fun and it is at first and then it becomes taxing.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
smile72 said:
Raika you misunderstood me, Ritsuki said we should respect our ancestors even if they did bad things.

Posts merged

pong I've mostly been fighting with a lot of knuckleheads on this topic alone. It may seem fun and it is at first and then it becomes taxing.

yeah but its great when its out of control
the DSTT pokemon fight of 2010
that was EPIC!!

i know what you mean tho
you just have to smile at the fact you know somewhere something is stressing there head off screaming while your there laughing

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
smile72 said:
Why should we respect ancestors when they were assholes. Do you respect Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, or Mussolini?

To tell you the truth, yes. They have changed the world in a dramatic way. I'm not judging them (their action were clearly bad). But they changed the world. A lot of medical discoveries were done during the WWII, because the Nazi had no morality and performed experiences on the human body. Yes, it's cruel, but without that our medical sciences wouldn't be as efficient. If I could, I'd go back in time and kill them, but I'm pretty sure that it would be a bad idea.

It looks like I'm against gay marriage just because I'm stubborn and narrow minded (and maybe because I belive in God). Just want to say I'm against it because I find more personal arguments against gay marriage, than for gay marriage. My impression on the subject is changing the more I debate with you, I learned a lot of things today, so thank you !
smile.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another thread focused on a religious matter and several pages from the other day later and no real need to read them, we have all read it all before (which is why so many threads just get nasty eventually).

But I need to at least mention, before I bid farewell to the thread, that I was born Anglican Christian, and di the whole alter boy thing in my teens.

I KNOW what's written in the Bible.

I KNOW it's black and white, and sorry, but the Bible has NO room for homosexuals.

But, the reason we have so many flavours of Christianity, is simply because even Christians won't read their Bible and accept it fully.

So telling me this church or that church is 'currently ok with homosexuals' is missing a very important point. They are simply ignoring portions of the Bible that they wish to ignore. The portions though, they have not gone anywhere.

Then again, we have people that love Jesus big time, yet they preach Jesus came to save us, and the Old Testament has been invalidated, and yet those same people eagerly wait the Rapture, which is old testament.

If the Bible was a computer program, it wouldn't install without making you freak out first, and it likely would be massively buggy with a lot of bloat that was no longer needed and it would crash on you regularly. Not to mention it would be marketed in 100 versions, all claiming to be compatible, and yet not.

I've been Anglican, I have been Mormon (that was the last straw though before I gave up), and as a result, I am technically a genuine Aaronic Priest.
My brother is married into a Catholic Church and I have made special items for nephews to celebrate key moments in the catholic faith. I grew up with Catholics, and Jews and Wiccans, and Lutherans and Hindus and I was married in a Pentecostal church. I don't mind Mormon missionaries dropping by and will usually offer them a cold glass of water on a hot day. They're usually very polite lads. I am more than happy to open the door naked to a Jehovah's Witness, as those people and me are not friends.

You don't need to agree with the above, but, you might as well give up trying to establish how the Bible does NOT want homosexuals eliminated.
Any church accepting them, is really just breaking their own rules. I've seen how Liviticus discusses them. It's not pretty. Then again, Liviticus is a particularly nasty hateful person too.

But I am 100% ok with homosexuals myself. Comes from being 100% free of religious dogma.
And if you think religion has no impact on how your laws are written, I refer you to the Scopes Monkey Trial.
In the US south, they have used the law to make it ok to teach Creationism in school.
The law is the reason for a lot of Sunday based work limitations.
You can't screw your mate in full view in the park because of laws written by people with religious convictions.

There's a LOT of laws with religous origins.
The US declaration of indepence is fairly dripping in religious context.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with you pong, clearly Ritsuki didn't learn much. And I hope Ritsuki realizes that eventually Switzerland will bump civil unions up to full marriage.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Um I don't know what your on Panzer Tactier but Jesus didn't want to eliminate anybody. I'm thinking your just stupid and misread it, but I know better. The U.S. still separates church and state. In fact the New Testament completely overwrote the Old Testament unless you want to follow that. Hope you enjoy a nice time in jail should you choose to completely follow the bible.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
im back!! lets fight lol

if you dont know me in this thread already you can do WHATEVER U LIKE just dont ask for gay marriage if u happen to be catholic

else i bite!!
tongue.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just stating my honest opinion and how to correct this fallacy. I haven't seen very much proof to defend what you call fact Smile72. No links to articles, pictures, videos, news statements. When you're called on it, you seem to just throw out insults and accusations which is the exact same card that is used in every single discrimination case. Please stop with the insults and personal attacks, they are extremely insulting and childish.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Again, I'm not against the civil union, even the full one... I've always found that labelling people as homo or heterosexual is stupid. Do we separate people who like paprika flavored chips and those who like the nature ones ? No. I'm just saying that pretty much all the religions are really closed about the subject, and maybe we should let them win on that point (after all, nobody can stop your beliefs). That's maybe because I want to think that we're free to choose what we want to belive (even if it's not really the case in reality). I would be the first to grant marriage advantages to gay couples.

EDIT : I think that this thread will be closed soon
biggrin.gif
and I would really like to finish this debate with you smile72, so if you're interested, please contact me by PM
smile.gif

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
You just don't get it do you Ritsuki, gays want the goddamn word marriage, can't you understand.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C78WupBvJUA[/youtube]

why cant we all just get along?
just let people do what they want
they say its a sin to break laws and stuff
whats everyone doing on temp hmmm?
here for only the homebrew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"