what do you guys think about gay marriage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
smile72 said:
Nope I just think your just ignorant. And don't realize how ignorant your "research" is and how stupid some of your comments sound to normal people.

I assume you're calling Sterling "stupid" aswell? He seems to agree.

The difference between you and me is that I'm trying to have a discussion and you are calling me stupid.

"No ya wrawng" is a behaviour I'm absolutely allergic to. If you don't have anything to add to the discussion or any study report to post againts mine, you're just like a re-winding tape. I already heard your stance, now try to build up some foundations for it, smile.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Still need the title or it's not really equal is it, plus there is a thing called legal marriage. Where you have a ceremony in a court. Or are you as ignorant as some of the people in this topic and don't realize that there is a separation of church and state in almost every country.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ritsuki said:
I'm against gay marriage. Marriage is a sacred pact between a man and a women. We could invent something that gives the same advantages than marriage, but I really think that the ceremony should stay as it's intended to be.

yes sir agree with you

and its already done with domestic partnership / pacs

every single one happy now
biggrin.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
smile72 said:
Still need the title or it's not really equal is it, plus there is a thing called legal marriage. Where you have a ceremony in a court. Or are you as ignorant as some of the people in this topic and don't realize that there is a separation of church and state in almost every country.

QUOTE(Foxi4 @ May 19 2011, 12:07 PM) Everything depends on what you mean by "marriage" IMO.

If you mean a legal union between two people based on partnership for inherritence and tax purposes, go on ahead and marry in whatever combinations you want.

If you mean a union with a religious background, then it depends on your religion. If you happen to be a Catholic, don't demand marriage - Catholicism doesn't allow homosexual marriage and that's *it*. You're free to change your religion if you really want to.

If you wanted to start off a *real* discussion, then let's talk about "adoption by homosexual couples", that's a way "fresher" subject. Gay marriage is sooo 20th century.

Seeing that you don't read what I'm writing and just carry on yelling out your stance, I've decided to ignore you throughout the rest of the thread. Thank you for allowing me to pick up your ignorance, I needed a direct hint.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course, no your trying to add fake evidence to a discussion about human rights, stupid people never learn.The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Psychoanalytic Association, the National Association of Social Workers, the Child Welfare League of America, the North American Council on Adoptable Children,and the Canadian Psychological Association all support same sex parenting.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think anything about it. As long as two people are in love I don't think anyone can tell them what they can or cannot do. Conservative idiots just need to be more accepting and the world would be a much friendlier place.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Foxi4 that was directed toward Ritsuki, though you are ignorant don't kid yourself, you choose to ignore the truth for your "beliefs". Which are considered wrong and bigoted by the majority.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Foxi4 said:
Everything depends on what you mean by "marriage" IMO.

If you mean a legal union between two people based on partnership for inherritence and tax purposes, go on ahead and marry in whatever combinations you want.

If you mean a union with a religious background, then it depends on your religion. If you happen to be a Catholic, don't demand marriage - Catholicism doesn't allow homosexual marriage and that's *it*. You're free to change your religion if you really want to.

If you wanted to start off a *real* discussion, then let's talk about "adoption by homosexual couples", that's a way "fresher" subject. Gay marriage is sooo 20th century.

on topic, quote you again because i cant say it in better words

im offline g2g here, peace out ppl

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Man, you really need to calm down. First of all, I'm not american. I'm not aware about your laws. And if you read my post, you'll notice that I used the words 'pact', 'sacred' and 'ceremony' which belongs to the lexical field of religion. I was talking about the religion part. When I say marriage, I'm not talking about the official thing with the mayor, etc... It's just a legal procedure. I'm not against the title, it's just that I think that the religeous ceremony should stay as it is. I hope that clarifies my words
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I bring up infertile couples because when gay marriage and adoption is brought up, some people act like marriage is soley for the purpose of popping out as many little humans as possible, when this is clearly not the case.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
if people are happy together and its what they want (not shotgunned into it)
i say go for it

there's nothing wrong with it

its being sacred and stuff is all bull
go to Vegas and marry someone in like 3 mins by Elvis

all it is, is a piece of paper

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just to make my point clear one more time, since I guess I strayed off-topic a bit.

I'm all okay for same-sex marriages, in the sense of a union between two people for the sake of taxes and other legal issues. I'm againts adoption though, since I believe in the school of Behaviorism.

QUOTE said:
I bring up infertile couples because when gay marriage and adoption is brought up, some people act like marriage is soley for the purpose of popping out as many little humans as possible, when this is clearly not the case.

Oh, but it is. The point of marriage is creating a family unit formalized by legal obligations, on the basis of legal, social, libido, emotional, economical, and in case of religious marriage, religious and spiritual reasons, for the purpose of raising children. You're describing a partnership-based relationship.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
Just to make my point clear one more time, since I guess I strayed off-topic a bit.

I'm all okay for same-sex marriages, in the sense of a union between two people for the sake of taxes and other legal issues. I'm againts adoption though, since I believe in the school of Behaviorism.

but then what happens if they adopt but there kids go to a private boarding school?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pong20302000 said:
Foxi4 said:

but then what happens if they adopt but there kids go to a private boarding school?

It's a psychological thing. What are you going to do on Mother's day when you have two fathers? What will you do on a "Visiting Dad at Work" day when you have two moms? Besides, you don't send little children to boarding schools, do you?

Not even wasting my time, I've already shown the evidence.

And by that you mean you've shown no evidence at all.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
People get married without any intention of having children. People unable to have children still get married. People have children without getting married. There is clearly much more to marriage than procreation. That's just something pushed by organised religions who want as many little catholics/muslims/whatever popping out to bolster their numbers.

@above - What do you do on both mothers day and fathers day when you're in an orphanage because people are commited to forbidding you from being taken in to a loving home by a section of the community? What about if the kids grow up gay, are forbidden from adopting, then what do they do on school sports day, or halloween, or any other event you take part in with your kids?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
smile72 said:
Okay, but you realize some churches do perform same sex marriages right.

Yeah, I know, good for them. But tell me if I'm wrong, they're not permitted by the christian religion. Anyway, I'm against it because of religion. I tend to think that some aspects of religion should not be changed. Like foxi said, legal marriage and religeous marriage is clearly not the same for me. Again, I'm not talking about the legal title or even having children. Just about the religeous part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpxvzFnWCu0