what do you guys think about gay marriage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@smile72
Even though I get your message, but hurling insults, curse words, and lack of facts really just seems to make you out to be an ass.

On topic: Personally I think the only thing separating Gay marriage from just marriage is the word gay. There's the problem, people labelled it and now it's ruined for years to come. Why can't we just call is marriage and leave it alone, why can't we just move on it life and constraint on the real issues in world.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile72 said:
Not really, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage all the countries that allow same sex marriage and such. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_parenting all the groups that support same sex parenting are found in General Consensus. I'm just a bit tired of hearing "It violate my religion, cuz religion rule the government."
Umm, and have I not been very adamant in my belief that the separation of Church and State is a key component in the constitution? What the hell, has anyone been reading!? I myself am friends with a guy that was raised by his gay uncles. He has a weird accent and quite a few quirks that are attributed to his upbringing. He is constantly made fun of by his peers, and I seem to be one of his only friends on the account of everyone thinks he's gay (he really isn't).

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Pong20302000 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C78WupBvJUA[/youtube]

why cant we all just get along?
just let people do what they want
they say its a sin to break laws and stuff
whats everyone doing on temp hmmm?
here for only the homebrew?

funny clip thanks for the laugh

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
smile72 said:
You just don't get it do you Ritsuki, gays want the goddamn word marriage, can't you understand.

That's the point. I think I hate words. What's important : the meaning of the marriage or the word 'marriage' ? It's just like flashcards : would you refuse a R4 because it's labeled as 'fake', even if it's exactly the same as the original one ?
It seems that church won't allow gay marriage. So we can fight forever, until they accept it, or simply change the laws and accept gay marriage without the religeous part.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I think what your saying is he has a lisp, and to A Gay Little Cat Boy, I'm quite an ass in real life too, only difference is I know most of these people with "opposing beliefs" only have religious garbage, and wrongly cited religious garbage. Nothing more, nobody else has shown facts, I call them insults more so for fun. I could care less what they think, it's when they're trying to pass it off as facts. That religion has any place in government, and so on.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
No Ritsuki, athetists get real marriage outside of churches (my mother a Roman Catholic got married in a Courthouse.) I want the word marriage not civil union not domestic partner. I want to call my husband, my husband. Not my Domestic Partner.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ritsuki said:
smile72 said:
You just don't get it do you Ritsuki, gays want the goddamn word marriage, can't you understand.

That's the point. I think I hate words. What's important : the meaning of the marriage or the word 'marriage' ? It's just like flashcards : would you refuse a R4 because it's labeled as 'fake', even if it's exactly the same as the original one ?
It seems that church won't allow gay marriage. So we can fight forever, until they accept it, or simply change the laws and accept gay marriage without the religeous part.
Yeah makes sense to me. Honestly even I who have been fighting for gay marriage, I really don't want to push the issue on the churches. Beliefs aren't something that will change overnight, it's a matter of years and generations who create the change. The best thing would be to have the state consider it a marriage.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile72 said:
I think what your saying is he has a lisp, and to A Gay Little Cat Boy, I'm quite an ass in real life too, only difference is I know most of these people with "opposing beliefs" only have religious garbage, and wrongly cited religious garbage. Nothing more, nobody else has shown facts, I call them insults more so for fun. I could care less what they think, it's when they're trying to pass it off as facts. That religion has any place in government, and so on.
You're hopeless. There is no arguing with people like you. The vocal minority give bad media and rap, and you're the kind of person that really give people the wrong impressions of gays. Your first post in the topic was reasonable enough, but you just won't accept others have different views. You refuse to see other's sides of the story, even when everyone else has. You're no better than the die-hard Christians that you seem to harbor all that hate for.

I am taking my leave of this topic, if any of you wish to continue the discussion, I will happily do it through PM. It is my hope that this topic can get back on track, and with as much civilized behavior as possible.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
smile72 said:
No Ritsuki, athetists get real marriage outside of churches (my mother a Roman Catholic got married in a Courthouse.) I want the word marriage not civil union not domestic partner. I want to call my husband, my husband. Not my Domestic Partner.

Then call your husband, your husband. Who would blame you (beside of Mr. Doe, the old father of the Church) for that ? Btw, domestic partner is a really strange expression :/ I didn't know that there were other words for 'husband'. Anyway, what I want to say is that I think that it's better to fight for ideas than for words.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ritsuki said:
smile72 said:

Then call your husband, your husband. Who would blame you (beside of Mr. Doe, the old father of the Church) for that ? Btw, domestic partner is a really strange expression :/ I didn't know that there were other words for 'husband'. Anyway, what I want to say is that I think that it's better to fight for ideas than for words.
Domestic partner is weird
unsure.gif
I agree with Ritsuki on this. It's when you apply words to separate things is where you cause the problems in the first place.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I accept that other people have different views, I've lived in a town where they had a parade for the Ku Klux Klan. I harbor no hate. But he's not my husband, is he if no recognizes it, I just want a marriage that is legal in my state is that so wrong.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
You do all realise this is nothing more than a troll thread created by War just to get people to argue? War knows very well that this specific topic of discussion always results in people arguing, and the threads always end up locked.

This should just be closed.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Ritsuki said:
smile72 said:

Domestic partner is weird
unsure.gif
I agree with Ritsuki on this. It's when you apply words to separate things is where you cause the problems in the first place.

domestic partner sound like a pet.. really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?