What games you shouldn't waste money on.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Other then that, I think games that are being released on a near yearly basis would be the ones that have atleast some caution when buying them.
Sooo... Pokemon? :tpi:

Aaaanywho, another one I didn't like at all was Deadly Premonition. Everybody hails this games as one of the best in the genre, so we grabbed it with my girlfriend since we like asian horrors... oh dear, what a mistake that was. Other than the sounds and the looks of the monsters we felt that the game was utter trash and whenever I tell someone that it's insufferable people either think that I'm trolling or that I have no taste. I assume that this game is a lot like surströmming - an acquired taste that the average human being finds apalling but connoisseurs enjoy... if you could call eating rotten goods as being a connoisseur.

EDIT: Oh, oh, oh! Xenoblade Yawnicles. I can't tell you much about the game because I just had to turn it off after aprox. 4 hours, my companion was not as strong-willed and fell asleep after 1, maybe 2. It's cliché in a can with zero direction, run-of-the-mill JRPG that starts on a high note and quickly falls face-first into mud. 15 minutes of fun, 225 minutes of confusion, boredom and suffering.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Aaaanywho, another one I didn't like at all was Deadly Premonition. Everybody hails this games as one of the best in the genre, so we grabbed it with my girlfriend since we like asian horrors... oh dear, what a mistake that was. Other than the sounds and the look of the monsters, we felt that the game was utter trash and whenever I tell someone that it's insufferable people either think that I'm trolling or that I have no taste. I assume that this game is a lot like surströmming - an acquired taste that the average human being finds apalling but connoisseurs enjoy... if you could call eating rotten goods as being a connoisseur.

Gold and Silver remakes, Sapphire and Ruby remakes, Red and blue remakes..
Remakes remakes remakes..

It's the original game, on a new system!

That reminds me, Mario 64 remake... it played better on the N64.
Zelda OOT remake, it might sound hypocritical but that game is worth it.
Seeing it's one of the best games ever made and now in full 3D instead of just 2D3D.
Halo CE, well.. no, just no.
Halo 2 anniversary, probably the same game again...
Etc etc.

Then again, I can't judge for everyone and people should just buy what they'd like.
Not what others tell them to like.
Yes IGN and other "reviewers", I'm looking at you.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Aaaanywho, another one I didn't like at all was Deadly Premonition. Everybody hails this games as one of the best in the genre, so we grabbed it with my girlfriend since we like asian horrors... oh dear, what a mistake that was. Other than the sounds and the looks of the monsters we felt that the game was utter trash and whenever I tell someone that it's insufferable people either think that I'm trolling or that I have no taste. I assume that this game is a lot like surströmming - an acquired taste that the average human being finds apalling but connoisseurs enjoy... if you could call eating rotten goods as being a connoisseur.

EDIT: Oh, oh, oh! Xenoblade Yawnicles. I can't tell you much about the game because I just had to turn it off after aprox. 4 hours, my companion was not as strong-willed and fell asleep after 1, maybe 2. It's cliché in a can with zero direction, run-of-the-mill JRPG that starts on a high note and quickly falls face-first into mud. 15 minutes of fun, 225 minutes of confusion, boredom and suffering.

Hahaha surströmming! Great analogy there Foxi, I guess you've visited Scandinavia for a piece of rotten fish. I wouldn't touch a jar of it even if my GBA collection depended on it.

Back to topic.
I was actually advised to buy deadly premonition last month but I've been hesitating.

I've seen many positive comments about the game the last couple of years but every time I look it up, a dull shiver runs down my spine.

I guess I'll have to try out this rotten fish at least once.

Another game I wouldn't put my money on and never did was world of warcraft, well I bought the game back when it was new, but I never finished the 2 free weeks and never paid for a subscription.

It always seemed like a waste of time for me, I could for once understand why some of my friends saw my gaming hobby as an waste of time.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't ever, I repeat. DO NOT EVER pay for this game: Dinosaurs for PS1
SprfJqM.jpg

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
But is it as bad as...

250px-Etvideogamecover.jpg
It's a colouring game, masked as an awesome dinosaur game meant to fool young children.
I was a young child. Obsessed with dinosaurs (Still am) and paid $30AUD for this damn game when I was younger.
Please, don't make the same mistake as me. (Can you even buy PS1 games these days?!)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't ever, I repeat. DO NOT EVER pay for this game: Dinosaurs for PS1
SprfJqM.jpg

What the actual hell is that abomination!? Never heard of it and I'm glad I haven't, but all I can say is dayum, that's a disaster waiting to happen...

No wait, that would be the nefarious Bubsy 3D, you know, the game that looked like it was in the pre-alpha stages but wasn't? Yeah. Anyone who spent and will spend money on second-hand copies deserves to feel ripped off, that game...is hardly a game, but more of a, how do you say, "how long before you go insane" meter. The controls are very broken, his one-liners, the lack of, well graphics (as in only flat-shaded polygons, little to no texturing), and the camera makes Sonic Adventure 2's angles look good.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a colouring game, masked as an awesome dinosaur game meant to fool young children.
I was a young child. Obsessed with dinosaurs (Still am) and paid $30AUD for this damn game when I was younger.
Please, don't make the same mistake as me. (Can you even buy PS1 games these days?!)

Come to think about it does the game have anything to do with land before time or is it just a huge coincidence

34pz0EF.jpg

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already on the second page and it's already turning to a "games that are popular and I did not enjoy" list.

Orion: Dino Horde - This game has already gone through 2-3 name changes on Steam due to it's negative response. Orion is a science fiction co-op shooter where you are space marines or someshit I don't know you shoot dinosaurs and the game is a wave based shooter like Killing Floor. Unlike Killing Floor it's a buggy mess. It released two years ago and it's still an unfinished buggy mess. If you look at the Steam reviews you'll see that the game is mostly positive. Honestly do not believe them. The person who posted their most popular review goes around telling people "Go back to /v/" every time someone criticizes the game for being buggy. Either an employee or a troll for sure.

I honestly think they distributed the games to people who never even played video games before. When I say this game is shit, it is shit.

They had a free weekend on Steam last year and I tried it out.

- Matchmaking is still broken.
- Game will randomly freeze up on the main menu
- Game is unoptimized
- Dinosaurs clip through environments at times.
- When you die you're camera is stuck under the map.

Without a doubt there more to the list. I could only fathom 30 minutes on co-op. Co-op is a feature that makes bad games worth while, but no Orion somehow failed in that aspect too.

What about gameplay? Aside the buggy mess gameplay is very bland. See a bunch of dinosaurs, shoot them, move to another area on the map, return back, shoot them, repeat blah blah blah. This does not mean games like this aren't fun Killing Floor does this and it feels satisfying, here it doesn't. The guns don't have a unique feel, most of the dinosaurs you encounter are just way to fast for you and it's pretty easy to get swarmed.

So you might be asking yourself "Well I really like dinosaurs where should I turn to for a better experience?"
Start reading, buddy.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Ultra Street Fighter 4, because it's going to be the exact same bloody game yet again, re-released under a new name instead of being distributed as DLC for the original.

But a digital upgrade is being released two months before the full release. So there is DLC.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
any game which is lower than 60% on gamerankings.com, my standard is 75% or higher give or take with some games added to that rule. but if a game is lower than 60% 99.9% of the time i wouldn’t even think of giving it a chance.

I mean come on if 100 people think a game is 95% than its going to be good... but 100 people think a game is 25% than most likely its a shit game.

every one thinks they are unique and this and that but end of the day we are humans like the same things (yes some of us are fucked in the head).

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh? I didn't know that - fair enough then, suggestion retracted. :yay:

Well, you kinda got a point now that I think more about it. The DLC doesn't seem to work for the Original Street Fighter IV, just Super Street Fighter IV and onwards. But well... No one would buy the Original Street Fighter IV today anyway.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, you kinda got a point now that I think more about it. The DLC doesn't seem to work for the Original Street Fighter IV, just Super Street Fighter IV and onwards. But well... No one would buy the Original Street Fighter IV today anyway.
There we go then - we have Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV and now Ultra Street Fighter IV in the form of a full retail game or Super Street Fighter IV DLC. Here's a thought - just release Street Fighter V, what's the problem with doing that? Capcom's been doing this for ages, it's really annoying. :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5