What games you shouldn't waste money on.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would never wish Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on my worst enemy. It has exemplary bad gameplay. Not sure about the rest of the series, since I couldn't stomach the damned game for more than one or two minutes at a time.

Xbox fan boy? Uncharted is the best. And for the Drake's Fortune part - that one had the best action story. Gameplay did not change that much.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
In what game you should not waste a coin? There is a lot:

- Fifa 14 for "next gen": Fifa is a game that last only 12 months, and the next gen (Xbox ONE and PS4) version was released 2 months later, so 10 months of life only. Also, there is a demo featuring the to teams, so it is a good choice to wait for the 2015 version.
- Kid Icarus. It is almost an on rail shooter, with childish jokes and a lot of talking that will blew up your brains (you can disable the talking after beating the game, but until there your brain will be already destroyed)
- F2P games: they are free to play, but encourage you to spend on DLC. Many games use this commercial strategy, even that I find it is OK commercialy speaking, if you spend money on it, you are helping a gaming vision that will lead us to shitty games
- Skylanders: If you have kids, like me, do never ever touch on this game. The "playble toys" will cause you a strong headache, or tons of money, you choose.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without further ado, Crysis.

I'll never understand why EA chose to leave these guys alone instead of killing them off like they did:
  • Westood Studios (the good C&C games)
  • Pandemic ( Destroy All Humans )
  • Bioware ( Kotor :cry: )
  • Clover ( Okami )

BioWare is still alive. Have you not seen news about Dragon Age 3? Not that Dragon Age 3 looks good at all but it's still a game being made by BioWare.

Clover is independent and most of their famous games (like Okami) were published by Capcom. Besides they dissolved and mostly became Platinum Games.

I would never wish Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on my worst enemy. It has exemplary bad gameplay. Not sure about the rest of the series, since I couldn't stomach the damned game for more than one or two minutes at a time.

...Yeah it's true. And this is coming from someone who loved Uncharted.

Like the story is fine and it sets up the universe but holy shit is it just a boring game. Combat is so dull, level designs are terrible, graphics are terribly dated already. Everything has this weird oily early PS3 sheen to it. I'd say play it not because it's good but because it gives you the grounds to play Uncharted 2 and 3 which are like some of the greatest games ever.

I wouldn't say it's not "worth a buy" though because it's packed in with the Uncharted Collection and the Uncharted Double Pack.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Completely agree. I liked the cutscenes more than the game itself, which seems to happen quite regularly with modern ND games to me. Probably because their gameplay has absolutely no redeeming qualities other than being the best example of polished mediocrity.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely agree. I liked the cutscenes more than the game itself, which seems to happen quite regularly with modern ND games to me. Probably because their gameplay has absolutely no redeeming qualities other than being the best example of polished mediocrity.

...That's a bit of a stretch. I quite enjoyed playing Uncharted 2/3 and The Last of Us. The Last of Us in particular has some neat mechanics and is really challenging. It feels like a real survival game. And Uncharted 2 in particular had some really nice level designs. It kinda switched up the idea of a third person shooter being "squat and shoot" by forcing you to run-and-gun at times. Like enemies will try to flush you out or a lot of points of cover would have a vulnerability that could end with you getting flanked so you had to be moving around a lot.

The first Uncharted is boring, it's just squat-and-shoot except the enemies throw a billion grenades at you. However 2 and 3 are pretty well designed (I'd say 2 in particular) and The Last of Us is a nice change of pace.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's available as DLC I think as well, I think that's what he meant.
Well then maybe he should read the whole conversation before angrily punching the keyboard since I also said this:
[Someone mentioned it's going to be DLC] Oh? I didn't know that - fair enough then, suggestion retracted. :yay:
[Someone mentioned that it will be DLC for Super Street Fighter IV, which I can't verify because I can't be arsed] There we go then - we have Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV and now Ultra Street Fighter IV in the form of a full retail game or Super Street Fighter IV DLC. Here's a thought - just release Street Fighter V, what's the problem with doing that? Capcom's been doing this for ages, it's really annoying. :rofl2:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You forgot Super Street Fighter IV : Arcade Edition on PC, PS3 and 360 :D
People complain about Nintendo releasing two or three exact same games with different Pokemon in them all the time, but Street Fighter takes the cake. It's not even relevant updates most of the time, they're cosmetic at best. :rofl2:

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
People complain about Nintendo releasing two or three exact same games with different Pokemon in them all the time, but Street Fighter takes the cake. It's not even relevant updates most of the time, they're cosmetic at best. :rofl2:
Well, at least in the pokémon franchise, it has a meaning : trading. With Street Fighter it's not quite the same (4 iterations, and I'm not counting the ver. 2012 update cause it was free, ad the SF X Tekken even if it's the same engine)... The only good thing is that the price of the game drop a little bit with each iteration of the game

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, at least in the pokémon franchise, it has a meaning : trading. With Street Fighter it's not quite the same (4 iterations, and I'm not counting the ver. 2012 update cause it was free, ad the SF X Tekken even if it's the same engine)... The only good thing is that the price of the game drop a little bit with each iteration of the game
It has absolutely no meaning - people would still trade if the games contained all the Pokemons. The reason why there's two or three versions is that there are people out there who are such Pokemon nutters that they'll grab all the games "just because", it's a matter of maximizing profit.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It has absolutely no meaning - people would still trade if the games contained all the Pokemons. The reason why there's two or three versions is that there are people out there who are such Pokemon nutters that they'll grab all the games "just because", it's a matter of maximizing profit.
I like to think that if people buy more than one version, they haven't really understood the concept of having multiple versions :D Anyway it's just my humble opinion :) Concerning the fact that people would still trade with only one version, you're right, but I think there would be less trades. Relasing two version of the game creates a need which can be fulfilled by playing with oter people (the good side) or buying an extra console and an extra game (bad side). But like I said, for me, people who buy another one don't really understand one of the main concept of the game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like to think that if people buy more than one version, they haven't really understood the concept of having multiple versions :D Anyway it's just my humble opinion :) Concerning the fact that people would still trade with only one version, you're right, but I think there would be less trades. Relasing two version of the game creates a need which can be fulfilled by playing with oter people (the good side) or buying an extra console and an extra game (bad side). But like I said, for me, people who buy another one don't really understand one of the main concept of the game.
Ha! I bought Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Red myself because my best friend only had Blue and Green was not distributed in my area. By extension, we needed the three games to complete our Pokedexes... so I double-dipped. Now it's much less of an issue with online trading around, but back in the offline cable-based trading days this was a big deal. ;)

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ha! I bought Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Red myself because my best friend only had Blue and Green was not distributed in my area. By extension, we needed the three games to complete our Pokedexes... so I double-dipped. Now it's much less of an issue with online trading around, but back in the offline cable-based trading days this was a big deal. ;)
Pokemon Yellow is kind of an exception here since they added a few new things :D Did you buy Yellow first ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto