What games you shouldn't waste money on.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Missed this first time around and saw it in a quote. Is this a bad thing? Simple games certainly have their place in the world. Or if you prefer I have not got a clue about how to play contract bridge, does not mean I can not have fun playing freecell.

it's not a bad thing if it done correctly.. i did played the game until the last boss, and the final battle is seriously lame...

i like a lot of simple games, including freecell solitair i have tons of indie games i play. but this game could be a lot better... its a bit fun.. but the "engine" is awfull...

it could be a lot more polished...

lets say an example. there is that basic game which is fun, but it was poorly programmed. when you press jump, basically the sprite goes up and down without the sprite changing, or any visual jumping effect, is just moving up and down, usually there is a mechanic which feels like the character is really jumping, for example the sprite jumps and slowly loses speed while going up. while in basic programming it is just "when you press jump key sprite go up for 0.5 seconds at constant speed DO NOT stop in the air and go down at constant speed until you find ground."

its why i find this a terrible game.... i do love simple games, but not when they feel like the developers didn't wasted any time making it better..

the boss battle is not fun at all... at the middle of the boss battle i just looked and thought: "a bunch of sprites trolling me" it could be fun but its not.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am never sure about the "was good until the final boss" thing if you meant it was good until then. Then again completing games is not something I especially care about where others really like that.

The slowing when jumping is otherwise known as gravity, this is fine but if you are going to start wanting something in the way of accurate physics out of your platformers then you are going to be seriously limited in your options. If there was no sprite change then that does speak to a bit of a slapdash approach to development in this day and age.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tekken is just shit anyway.

3eb.png

HOW
DARE YOU???

tekken is love
tekken is life
Guild pls

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Gonna go with some big name games because that is kind of the point here. Ill start with some older games i hated and finish with the more recent games i regret buying.

Persona 4 - Why people like this game is beyond me. It is slow paced, the battle combat is boring and the music is god awful and it takes like 5 hours before anything actually happens on this game. The "life to battle" cycle is too short, leaving you no time to do anything meaningful and get settled in to the game.

Need for speed: most wanted (The new one, NOT the original) - Single player is beyond awful. Multiplayer saves it for a while until you start to realise its the same stuff being repeated and once you know the tracks and goals, it loses ALL appeal.

Mario tennis open 3D - Too simplistic, it is effectively an arcade game. Is it too easy in general and there is no way to try and turn it into a more normal style tennis match because it forces you to play with those stupid powerup things on the court.

Project X zone - God knows why i bought this, it is being kind to call this a stratagy game but thats what it tries to be. What it actually is a bunch of popular video game characters who move around and do flashy moves. It becomes repetative about 10mins in and never changes. Dont buy this.

Toukiden: age of demons - I want to like this game but after 20hours, i dont wanna keep playing. The customization in this game is lacking, the mitama's arnt varied enough to be interesting, there is a very limited number of bosses and beating them is not challanging at all. This is just a hack and slash game that gives you multipal parts to aim and break. I bought this game hoping to find a game that was as addictive as Monster hunter or soul sacrifice was, i left disappointed.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna go with some big name games because that is kind of the point here. Ill start with some older games i hated and finish with the more recent games i regret buying.

Persona 4 - Why people like this game is beyond me. It is slow paced, the battle combat is boring and the music is god awful and it takes like 5 hours before anything actually happens on this game. The "life to battle" cycle is too short, leaving you no time to do anything meaningful and get settled in to the game.

The music is godly, the combat is kept simple and is very easy to get into unlike other JRPGs that has you doing a million things to do battle *coughconceptioniicough*.
The game gives you enough time to actually do anything especially with Golden but well whatever...
pqkF0wg.gif

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
The music is godly, the combat is kept simple and is very easy to get into unlike other JRPGs that has you doing a million things to do battle *coughconceptioniicough*.
The game gives you enough time to actually do anything especially with Golden but well whatever...

To be honest it really suprised me how much i didnt like it. My friends all like it too, I often buy games that i mildly dislike and i would have to maybe force myself to like but with Persona 4. It just wasnt the case, i couldnt get into it at all. I hated everything about it from the word go. Sometimes you can ignore parts of a bad game if the music is good or the combat is good but this was just one of those games that truely didnt click. Also it was the original PS2 version, i havent played golden.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1