Hacking Question What have I missed?

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically, if you want the good stuff you need to be on 1.0.0.

And no, you won't be able to play backups on 3.0.0.

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody's going to buy that... homebrew's not THAT important to anybody. Besides, 3.0.0 is good enough. And I'm on 4.1.0 and don't really care at the moment.
A 1.0 just went for $375 on ebay a few minutes ago so I think you’ll need to revise that price a bit

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Craigslist is the place to go for 1.0 Switches. Plenty of used Switches, some unopened for $300 or less. Most are probably on 1.0, and you can always ask them to check. You can also get console-only Switches on ebay from people who just wanted the Joycons for under $300, so those were probably never even turned on.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2.X Switch, we also need to stay where we are!
Hopefully 2.X gets something when 1.X does,

3.0.0 won't be getting anything for a while? That does suck but eventually everyone will get homebrew/backup loaders
What will kernel access mean for 1.X users?
3.0.0 will get homebrew first, which isn't "nothing". 1.0.0 has trustzone exploit that allows them to basically ignore keys. So in theory they should be able to at the very least play newer games that require keys above its own firmware. Also will bring the possibility of emuNAND.

thla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
3.0.0 will get homebrew first, which isn't "nothing". 1.0.0 has trustzone exploit that allows them to basically ignore keys. So in theory they should be able to at the very least play newer games that require keys above its own firmware. Also will bring the possibility of emuNAND.
The game is encrypted, pretending it's not doesn't magically decrypt it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3.0.0 systems are starting to be scalped too, unfortunately, who knows if/when 4.x.x will ever get exploits, provided people are interested in developing homebrew for that. If someone's on 4.x.x, disconnect immediately. Not gonna hold my breath.

Have extra 1.0.0 asking $4000 free shipping.

Thanks, let me just dig out my 401K

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is encrypted, pretending it's not doesn't magically decrypt it.
I know that its encrypted. But with the exploit in 1.0.0 you can basically have trustzone fetch the key for you without needing to know it. So you wouldn't technically need the key to decrypt the game with that exploit if I understand correctly. This is info coming from the 34c3 talk

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that its encrypted. But with the exploit in 1.0.0 you can basically have trustzone fetch the key for you without needing to know it. So you wouldn't technically need the key to decrypt the game with that exploit if I understand correctly. This is info coming from the 34c3 talk

Was there anything in that presentation that gives those on 4.x.x any form of reassurance? My money's on probably not.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
absolutely nothing.

3.0.0. still getting homebrew, eventually. 3.0.1+ still playing games and the 4 people with a 1.0.0 Switch might possibly get full CFW if anybody can actually be arsed to code anything for such a marginalised FW.

Basically, welcome back to the refresh button.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. In fact several things they talked about were 1.0.0 exclusive as well, including trustzone and kernel. Meaning it won't even be useful for 0.01% of switch owners.

Gee, that's certainly useful for the scene's future as a whole.:rolleyes: Yay for CFW on a minute fraction of Switch consoles. Yeah, I think that I may as well put my Switch back on WiFi since nothing good will come to those who wait, it's exactly like the PS3 3.50 and 3DS firmware BS all over again. But unlike 3DS, I don't see that ever changing on Switch, but if I'm wrong, great. If not... IDK.

Time to just say "sod it all".

absolutely nothing.

3.0.0. still getting homebrew, eventually. 3.0.1+ still playing games and the 4 people with a 1.0.0 Switch might possibly get full CFW if anybody can actually be arsed to code anything for such a marginalised FW.

Basically, welcome back to the refresh button.

So in other words, nothing good will come of that, gotcha. How exciting this is to users who want homebrew . :creep:

Last edited by the_randomizer,

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
If someone buys your switch for $1500 just lmfao. Even on 1.0.0 not more
Then I’d say 500 usd if someone really wanted one. $1500 better include a few switches on 1.0.0
Already sold, my other 1.0.0 is $4000 interested?shipping is free and i'm throwing 32GB SD card with it for free

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: