What is the worst tasting food you've ever eaten?

• Thread starter Deleted-394630
  • Start date
  • Views 11,409
  • Replies 173

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
once I got a "bad" peanut M&M that tasted like what I can only imagine a piece of rotted wood found in an alleyway would taste like.....I don't eat peanut M&M's any more, and I used to really like them :(

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was expecting Surströmming from you :P

The worst thing I ate, and God knows I can eat pretty much anything, is natto (fermented soybeans). More than the taste, it's the texture that is so weird and slimey, I ordered it in a restaurant, the waiter asked me if I knew what it was, and if I was really sure I wanted to eat that haha
:) To be honest, I have never eaten Surströmming. I want to try it though, because I love herring (it's fermented herring), and I know how to properly eat it ;) 99% of those YouTube videos are doing it oh so wrong.
Honestly, it's like: "Hey let's try Swiss cheese" and then goes to lick a cows ass. *shaking my head* For anyone interested about it, there's a clip of Jamie Oliver trying Surströmming, where it's prepared the right way. Highly recommended to watch.

I want to try natto too, because I'm used to some Swedish stuff* that foreigners really can't stand, I wonder how I'd fare with natto.
*(smoked fish roe spread, salty licorice, blood pudding, Lutfisk (lye fish), pickled herring (ate it just a few hours ago!), crayfish, and moar).

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
:) To be honest, I have never eaten Surströmming. I want to try it though, because I love herring (it's fermented herring), and I know how to properly eat it ;) 99% of those YouTube videos are doing it oh so wrong.
Honestly, it's like: "Hey let's try Swiss cheese" and then goes to lick a cows ass. *shaking my head* For anyone interested about it, there's a clip of Jamie Oliver trying Surströmming, where it's prepared the right way. Highly recommended to watch.

I want to try natto too, because I'm used to some Swedish stuff* that foreigners really can't stand, I wonder how I'd fare with natto.
*(smoked fish roe spread, salty licorice, blood pudding, Lutfisk (lye fish), pickled herring (ate it just a few hours ago!), crayfish, and moar).

I'm actually going to Sweden for 3 days and 2 nights during the Christmas season, so I really hope I'll be able to try some of those things ! I've already tried salty licorice, pickled herring (I love herring), and I often eat fish roe, but I'm very curious about the blood pudding (I love boudin, which is a blood sausage) and Surströmming !

Reactions: Issac

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Century egg (NSFW?)

Century_egg_sliced_open.jpeg

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Toffee Cake.
The way it's made where I am may be different than what might be known but it's most definitely the most delicious thing I ever tasted.

It's basically milk powder dry-fried in a pan (without oil or water or anything) until made brown.
Later mixed with water and syrup of your favorite flavor (vanilla or chocolate are classics), poured into a cake pan and cooked in a steam bath.
Topped with caramel mixed with cream and eaten hot.

My version of heaven is having infinite amount of this.

EDIT: sorry, I thought you were asking about the best tasting food.
I usually block their memories and currently remember none ^_^

Last edited by Super.Nova,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.