• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What is to blame for/the cause of the recent spate of robberies and looting and ransacking of businesses in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not even just the entire government's or the loyal partisan acolyte's fault. It is the fault of every individual because every individual shares the same guilt of sin; from the X Party to the Y Party and the saint to the antichrist. None are righteous and good without God. There is no sanctification in tyrannical slaughter. It is only found in humble submission and self-discipline, a gracious gift and mercy from the Lord Most High. It begins with a change of heart within the self rather than the change of heart within others. This is why any Us vs Them lens is an utter falsehood. Everyone who has participated and will participate, myself included, which should go without saying, in this discussion has, is, and will be guilty of this at some point in their lives. There is no human that has not been tainted by the wretched nature of sin except Jesus Christ of Nazareth. That is why there is a "spate of robberies and looting and ransacking of businesses in America." They are merely sinners submitting to the envy and lust of the flesh.
Get that god shit out of here. How man millions of people have been killed in the name of one god or another. A real god would of done stepped off his high horse long enough to actually fix something yet little babys and kids die every day while you god does jack shit...why because he/she/it doesnt exist....another way for the rich to control and get money from the masses...SMH

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't read anything between page 2 and page 7 but here's a list of just some things republicans have done that have increased poverty recently.
  • Republicans sued to block Biden's student debt forgiveness plan.
  • Republicans in SCOTUS voted to overturn Biden's student debt forgiveness plan.
  • Republicans tried to rescind the SAVE program (it failed).
  • Republicans insisted on cuts to SNAP and other programs in the December '22 omnibus.
  • Republicans insisted the end of the pandemic student loan pause be tied to raising the debt ceiling.
  • Republicans are about to shutdown the government which is going to cause millions of people to work without pay, be furloughed, or lose various forms of aid.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't read anything between page 2 and page 7 but here's a list of just some things republicans have done that have increased poverty recently.
  • Republicans sued to block Biden's student debt forgiveness plan.
  • Republicans in SCOTUS voted to overturn Biden's student debt forgiveness plan.
  • Republicans tried to rescind the SAVE program (it failed).
  • Republicans insisted on cuts to SNAP and other programs in the December '22 omnibus.
  • Republicans insisted the end of the pandemic student loan pause be tied to raising the debt ceiling.
  • Republicans are about to shutdown the government which is going to cause millions of people to work without pay, be furloughed, or lose various forms of aid.
Well, if you take out a loan, you need to pay it back. There is nothing wrong with that. NO ONE deserves to have their debt forgiven.

You should not be on SNAP for more than three months unless you are disabled or incapable of working. It's not meant to support you for life.

Again, PAY YOUR FUCKING STUDENT LOANS.

Republicans are not shutting down the government. Democrats keep trying to add billions and billions more to how much money we give foreign nations and to support illegal immigrants who saw Biden waving the green flag, and Republicans are simply saying NO MORE MONEY FOR NON-AMERICANS. This isn't too hard.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with 'America First'.

Most of your weeping is over student loan debt, though. How much do you still owe on your worthless piece of paper, and why should I pay for it?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I cannot think of anything Biden has done that has reduced crime, or helped people dealing with unjust laws.
Biden has proven himself to be pro-union, which is a complete 180 from the Trump administration's stance on the working class. That's not something I would've expected from him, either.

Trump reauthorized the Second Chance Act, pardoned Jack Johnson, and opened a pathway for millions of Americans prosecuted under unjust drug laws (that Kamala Harris enforced when she was sending black men to for-profit prisons for minor drug offenses). I believe the war on drugs to be one of the greatest injustices in American history, and I am proud of what Trump did to help unjustly prosecuted minorities in this country who tended to be on the receiving end of the worst of the sentences.

Can you even give him credit for that? Can you stretch across the aisle at least for that?
Hard to give the guy credit for drug reform considering he initially chose Jeff Sessions as AG. Marijuana legalization started in blue states long before Trump was elected, as well. I'll credit him with at least being able to recognize which way the wind was blowing, but his party is still the one pushing back hard against federal legalization.

• Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biden has proven himself to be pro-union, which is a complete 180 from the Trump administration's stance on the working class. That's not something I would've expected from him, either.

Hard to give the guy credit for drug reform considering he initially chose Jeff Sessions as AG. Marijuana legalization started in blue states long before Trump was elected, as well. I'll credit him with at least being able to recognize which way the wind was blowing, but his party is still the one pushing back hard against federal legalization.
Well, this is already way off topic, anyway. Your bigotry against Trump is typical and not surprising. I have met few liberals capable of having the decency to show respect to their adversaries under any circumstance. It's either "Agree with me 100%, or you are a bigot and an enemy". Utterly incapable of compromise.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is already way off topic, anyway. Your bigotry against Trump is typical and not surprising. I have met few liberals capable of having the decency to show respect to their adversaries under any circumstance. It's either "Agree with me 100%, or you are a bigot and an enemy". Utterly incapable of compromise.
"You can't hold Trump's own words and actions against him, that's BIGOTRY!"

Classic.

• Haha

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you take out a loan, you need to pay it back. There is nothing wrong with that. NO ONE deserves to have their debt forgiven.

You should not be on SNAP for more than three months unless you are disabled or incapable of working. It's not meant to support you for life.

Republicans are not shutting down the government. Democrats keep trying to add billions and billions more to how much money we give foreign nations and to support illegal immigrants who saw Biden waving the green flag, and Republicans are simply saying NO MORE MONEY FOR NON-AMERICANS. This isn't too hard.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with 'American First'.

Most of your weeping is over student loan debt, though. How much do you still owe on your worthless piece of paper, and why should I pay for it?
You asked which specific bills led to increased poverty and I gave you an answer. If you want to have an ideological discussion about individual policies we can do that too but I think that's its own thread. The idea that democrats are shutting down the government is just objectively wrong. They are working up a bipartisan continuing resolution in the Senate right now but McCarthy won't bring it to the floor for a vote because the MAGA extremists in his own party will have his speakership if he does.

Reactions: Xzi

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"You can't hold Trump's own words and actions against him, that's BIGOTRY!"

Classic.
What words and actions are you holding against him? You haven't quoted a single thing he's said, or pointed to a specific policy whatsoever.

Come on, man. You are better than this.
You asked which specific bills led to increased poverty and I gave you an answer. If you want to have an ideological discussion about individual policies we can do that too but I think that's its own thread. The idea that democrats are shutting down the government is just objectively wrong. They are working up a bipartisan continuing resolution in the Senate right now but McCarthy won't bring it to the floor for a vote because the MAGA extremists in his own party will have his speakership if he does.
You refusing to pay your student loans isn't what puts you into poverty. You weren't paying them before. You are COUNTING on Biden to give you a free pass, which is why you pocketed your stimulus money and didn't pay your loans before the interest kicked back in, because you were waiting for your child-sniffing savior.

You COULD have resolved this, but you didn't, and you are angry and saying you're poor because you aren't receiving handouts that you didn't have before.

Just pay your own loan off. What is hard about that? YOU took that loan. YOU pay it back. If you're poor because YOU took out a loan, that is YOUR fault. Not any President's. Not the government, Yours. YOU signed your name.

ftwas6atrf641.png

Last edited by WalterSlovotsky,

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Biden's student loan program had went through, it's an objective fact that low-income people would've had their student debt wiped out (up to $20k). By standing in the way of that policy, and by mandating cuts to safety net programs, republicans are driving people into poverty. Everything else you said is subjective, ideological and irrelevant.

BTW, what's with the hostility? :unsure:

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Biden's student loan program had went through, it's an objective fact that low-income people would've had their student debt wiped out (up to $20k). By standing in the way of that policy, and by mandating cuts to safety net programs, republicans are driving people into poverty. Everything else you said is subjective, ideological and irrelevant.

BTW, what's with the hostility? :unsure:
But... but college graduates earn an average of $70k per year!!! At LEAST. Unless you were a dumbass who took a liberal arts degree, or you got licensed in something like hairstyling or had a psych major. Music degrees tend not to pay very well.

But... but if you have a diploma, you earn more than ANY high schooler, by at least forty grand per year! Having ANY degree makes you more employable, everywhere, so you naturally should have more disposable income than anyone else who doesn't have a student loan debt to pay off.

Isn't that why you got the degree in the first place? So you WOULDN'T be in poverty?

You were less than cordial on your first message to me. I tend to mirror behavior.

I also admit my strong, strong bias and distaste for anyone who wants their loan that THEY willingly took to be paid for by other people, or to be forgiven. I find that type of mentality to be despicable and detestable, and make no apology for it.

A man or woman of integrity keeps their word. If you make a promise, you keep it. You don't wait for someone to let you off the hook.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What words and actions are you holding against him? You haven't quoted a single thing he's said, or pointed to a specific policy whatsoever.

Come on, man. You are better than this.
I'm not gonna re-hash his entire four years in office, in fact I'd rather erase it from my brain entirely and hold out hope it was just a glitch in the Matrix. Suffice it to say the reasons sane people hate him are the same reasons MAGA cultists love him. True Americans do not bow to wannabe kings or fuhrers, and so he remains the most divisive figure in politics currently.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is absolutely nothing wrong with 'America First'.

You must be seething about the PPP loan forgiveness then.

Reactions: Chris2055

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But... but college graduates earn an average of $70k per year!!! At LEAST. Unless you were a dumbass who took a liberal arts degree, or you got licensed in something like hairstyling or had a psych major. Music degrees tend not to pay very well.

But... but if you have a diploma, you earn more than ANY high schooler, by at least forty grand per year! Having ANY degree makes you more employable, everywhere, so you naturally should have more disposable income than anyone else who doesn't have a student loan debt to pay off.

Isn't that why you got the degree in the first place? So you WOULDN'T be in poverty?

You were less than cordial on your first message to me. I tend to mirror behavior.

I also admit my strong, strong bias and distaste for anyone who wants their loan that THEY willingly took to be paid for by other people, or to be forgiven. I find that type of mentality to be despicable and detestable, and make no apology for it.

A man or woman of integrity keeps their word. If you make a promise, you keep it. You don't wait for someone to let you off the hook.
How was I less than cordial? My post was literally just giving you the answer you asked for.

• Sad

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna re-hash his entire four years in office, in fact I'd rather erase it from my brain entirely and hold out hope it was just a glitch in the Matrix. Suffice it to say the reasons sane people hate him are the same reasons MAGA cultists love him. True Americans do not bow to wannabe kings or fuhrers, and so he remains the most divisive figure in politics currently.
Well, maybe don't make broad accusations, then. You can see why I am reluctant to believe you without evidence. Kind of a recurring theme of the day.

You think MAGA is a cult, but me saying that BLM is a domestic hate group is somehow inaccurate?

Interesting logic.
How was I less than cordial? My post was literally just giving you the answer you asked for.
Dammit, you're right. I was wrong.

I was being a dick. Wasn't justified. My apologies. Misdirected anger. I genuinely despise most people who think they should get their student loan forgiven, for ANY reason.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also the use of a Turning Point USA image continues to speak volumes about you
I literally Googled "Student loan meme". Found it on Reddit. Posted the first one that looked funny. Never even heard of Turning Point.

Awwww... it TRIED.

I am going to ask this for probably the twelfth time. We do not like each other. I normally have you on Ignore, but your throbbing hate boner is particularly rigid today, and you keep cluttering up my topic.

How about you just IGNORE me? Save us both the misery of ever interacting with each other? How about if you see my name or picture, you simply fuck off and find something better to do with your life than engage in your obsession with me?

Be mature, child. Walk away. Or go the fuck away. Whatever gets you to fuck off.

Cheers.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum