What is your first ever pirate games?

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow this topic brings back memories. I have to say my first pirated game was Chrono Trigger on the ZSNES emulator on my PC since I tried finding a legit copy and it was way to expensive. 7 hours straight playing that game. Good times.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first pirated game? Geez, I don't remember. I know it was something on the C64, but I don't remember what it was. When I first bought the C64, I got it used and it came with a bunch of pirated (and legit) software already. Then of course there were all the BBS's where I got more.

I've been pirating most PC software since Windows 95. I hung on to the C64 way longer than was normal.

But when it came to consoles, I was pretty legit until the DS, which I bought on launch day. And pirating on that only stared early last year. Last non-portable console I owned was the PS1. But I owned just about every console under the sun until that point.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably Leisure Suit Larry and a few other games my dad for on floppy disk for the PC(DOS) back in 1994.
Along with some software including Windows 3.11 and Lotus Smartsuite.
First thing I copied myself was Office 4.3 onto about 30 floppy disks.

L

Lyuse

The Sims for the PC
tongue.gif

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In my foreign land, the pirated soft/games ARE the products that are sold mainstream. If you bought software almost anywhere here, chances are it's pirated, and sometimes people don't even know it. Hard to recall what was my first in that case. It might be that Super Mario 2 for Famicom.

However, I bought an SNES ROM Collection CD (RIPOFF!) and THAT introduced me to emulation. It was my first ever experience of playing console games on PC. It was around the time the GBA was getting emulated too, so I had (and still have) a ton of games to choose from the get go.

I don't even play the games I download much, if at all. I try it, most of the time I delete it, the rest I preserve for when.. maybe I'm in a retirement home or something. Hope high speed internet is dirt cheap when I retire.
smile.gif

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
must have been some tape game for the C64...damn I am old.
It was always some kind of "what happens if I do that" or "why can't I just copy it...how could someone avoid that?"
Testing C64 first tapes then Floppy, Amiga afterwards (500 then 1200) PC at last and Consoles in the end.
Now I am working and my free-time vs. earned cash ratio changed, so I can buy all the games I want to play...and do so, working as software developer myself ;-)
Sadly, I have more games, I could play in the few free time :-( (and still there are so many good games around, I don't have)

D

Deleted User

For me that would be Dizzy on the old ZX specturm, it was on tapes so all i had to do sort out 2 tape recorders.

dizzy1.png

It was such an awesome game that i plated it to death, never did finish though (i blame a lack of a save option and 20 minute loading times) ahhh good times.

First console game that i did though was tetris for the GB, after i found out i could get an emulator to play it on the pc i was hooked!

Ahhh good times

DaDAM

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the first one for me was this n64 attachment called Dr. 64. You connect the device under the n64 and it will play burned discs with roms in them. But i never knew how to burn them (i was 6) so my dad had to buy them from somewhere.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was something for the acorn electron, but I can't remember what it was. Most of the tapes for it that we used to play the games were backups of the original tapes that we didn't want to wreck, but a few were 'dodgy copies'
wink.gif
I think that after that it was probably the original AGI version of Police Quest, followed by AGI version of Space Quest
glare.gif

shadyboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
now thats a hard one
tongue.gif
with the tought of my history with pirated games

If I am to say the first one I ever tried, thene It would have to be some old school classics on the C64 that my brother had. Dont remmember what was the FIRST game, but I do remmember Boulder Dash games, Snoopy, karate games and some other ;P

now for the computer, it was starcraft if I am not wrong ;P
emulating games on the computer, oh damm... what a list. The Legend of Zelda Link to the Past was the first game I emulated.
hehe
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may not be the first but the first I actually remember was The Real Ghostbusters C64 game from an legit copy my friend had. I did it using twin tape decks. It was a really shit game sadly.

jolanar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'd say my first if not one of the first games i got pirated was either the first unreal tournament or total annihilation both were just copy of copy. i still have them hanging around here somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Yes. +1