Hacking What size microsd?

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

waiting on my r4 to come and was just wondering what size sd card to get. Is it worth getting a few 8gb ones or a 32gb in anticpation of multi-rom support?

What are most people using?

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
quick as they need to be tbh. when the 32gb class 10 turns up i will post if there is a difference. I suspect that there really wont be. The only time i noticed a jump in loading times was when i had a dsi and a dstwo card i jumped from a class 2 to 6 and it was noticeably quicker. i started a thread last week i think someone mentioned class relevance, have a look.
ta

Reactions: pin

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've been using 16GB Class 10 MicroSD and it works like a charm. Once MultiROM is out it should also be able to hold 10-15 trimmed ROMs. I don't really notice any loading time.

The only cards that may have compatibility issues should be the SD cards. Currently, 64GB SD cards are not supported.

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does having a higher class microsd card(class 4 vs class 10) increase the speed of gameplay, such as tempgba with pokemon fire red or catsfc with super mario allstars

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Not at all, tested with class 4 and class 10. Difference is like not even half a second when loading games. Layton, Luigi Mansion and Fire emblem and such.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
does having a higher class microsd card(class 4 vs class 10) increase the speed of gameplay, such as tempgba with pokemon fire red or catsfc with super mario allstars

i read somewhere that higher class cards drawn more battery...

but this can be wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out