• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

When will Mike Pence become the next US president?

When will Mike Pence become the next US president?

• In at most a month or two

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Between two and six months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After six months

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • He won't (Trump somehow manages to remain president)

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Comedy last option

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Seriously: if you have to ask what this is about, you've been living under a rock. And you can join the many discussions that somewhere mention "Trump" (hint: they're conveniently all in this "world news, current events & politics" section).

So...foregoing that discussion...how long do you think it'll take until he resigns, quits, flees the country, vanishes in thin air or otherwise else not be president anymore ?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I fully trust that the Electoral Colleges of the United States of America will elect that moron for 4 more years.

FTFY. Even though it was by a small margin? The people voted for Clinton. :x

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American voter. Trump will get re-elected, and the GoP controlled senate would never allow an impeachment.

I doubt Pence would get his party´s nomination without Trump, much less win a general election.

Maybe Trump has a heart attack, or a massive stroke (he probably already has had one) allowing Pence to become president for a while.

Otherwise Pence will never be President.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 法輪功 Falun Dafa 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 肅清 活摘器官 黑社會 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩
i'm quit curious about ur signature, wtf is this?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Nothing is going to happen.
This.

Impeachment is only going forward, if the other side is fairly certain, that they can benefit from it. In terms of popularity gain, that is. Currently its mostly public Schadenfreude, not so much outrage. If it is growing who knows - but news cycles are short today. Much more likely that the next story will capture the popular sentiments of the day shortly... :)

Last edited by notimp,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In January 2025, after he wins the 2024 election.

nah, just kidding. Pence didn't roll well on charisma. I agree with @callmembob above, that Pence can't and wouldn't win as the headliner.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
@Memoir Tucker Carlson on Fox is also rooting for Yang. And his shows is one of the most watched shows on television, so Yang has a chance to be more known.

I gave up on Bernie Sanders. He got a taste of the millionaire life. And is now being a hypocrite. He complains why do people need to own multiple yachts yet he has 3 houses in not so cheap areas. And he’s playing into identitarian politics, like the female wage gap that has been debunked continuously for over 50 yrs.

Now he’s just saying what people wanna hear for votes. Yang doesn’t seem to be doing this.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: Kioku

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
He won't resign, and he won't transfer power peacefully when he loses. The presidency is the only thing protecting Trump from prosecution, and he knows it.

The rest of the Republican party isn't so much protecting Trump as they are protecting themselves. He's the face they're using to absorb all the blame, but a lot more people have been dipping their hands into the Russian honeypot, as well.

Last edited by Xzi,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously: if you have to ask what this is about, you've been living under a rock. And you can join the many discussions that somewhere mention "Trump" (hint: they're conveniently all in this "world news, current events & politics" section).

So...foregoing that discussion...how long do you think it'll take until he resigns, quits, flees the country, vanishes in thin air or otherwise else not be president anymore ?

@Taleweaver,

All are the CORRUPT. They are the coward human being that doesn't make Earth better ever. Never. They are the MONSTERS, LOVELESS, SELFISH, MONEY LOVER AND GREEDY. So I dont bother to vote none of them. The POLITICS are CORRUPTIONS! Always was and always will be. Earth will not survive because of stupid human being like them.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
@Memoir Tucker Carlson on Fox is also rooting for Yang. And his shows is one of the most watched shows on television, so Yang has a chance to be more known.

I gave up on Bearnie Sanders. He got a taste of the millionaire life. And is now being a hypocrite. He complains why do people need to own multiple yachts yet he has 3 houses in not so cheap areas. And he’s playing into identitarian politics, like the female wage gap that has been debunked continuously for over 50 yrs.

Now he’s just saying what people wanna hear for votes. Yang doesn’t seem to be doing this.
There's just something about him that has me hopeful..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think