• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

When will Mike Pence become the next US president?

When will Mike Pence become the next US president?

• In at most a month or two

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Between two and six months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After six months

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • He won't (Trump somehow manages to remain president)

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Comedy last option

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I gave up on Bearnie Sanders. He got a taste of the millionaire life. And is now being a hypocrite. He complains why do people need to own multiple yachts yet he has 3 houses in not so cheap areas. And he’s playing into identitarian politics, like the female wage gap that has been debunked continuously for over 50 yrs.
Sanders has been a millionaire for quite some time, that doesn't mean he started out that way or that it makes him a hypocrite. His policies would raise taxes on himself.

All are the CORRUPT. They are the coward human being that doesn't make Earth better ever. Never. They are the MONSTERS, LOVELESS, SELFISH, MONEY LOVER AND GREEDY. So I dont bother to vote none of them. The POLITICS are CORRUPTIONS! Always was and always will be. Earth will not survive because of stupid human being like them.
There's no comparing previous presidents to Trump. "Normal" corruption like accepting lobbyist money seems downright quaint now. Instead we've got a president that takes the word of dictators and despots at face value over the word of our own intelligence agencies.

'Trumpified' history looks a little like this:

x1Fi6Ly.jpg

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anybody consider Pence a good option?
I would take three Trumps before a Pence, and I don't like Trump.

But perhaps he gets to be president if Trump dies early, he doesn't look too healthy TBH.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sanders has been a millionaire for quite some time, that doesn't mean he started out that way or that it makes him a hypocrite. His policies would raise taxes on himself.

There's no comparing previous presidents to Trump. "Normal" corruption like accepting lobbyist money seems downright quaint now. Instead we've got a president that takes the word of dictators and despots at face value over the word of our own intelligence agencies.

x1Fi6Ly.jpg

Very true. However, they are all corrupts anyway. Trump is the worst one, of course.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

But perhaps he gets to be president if Trump dies early, he doesn't look too healthy TBH.
Either of them is essentially a lame duck for two years regardless. They got their tax cuts for the rich passed and that's all they really cared about. Pence is evil and creepy, but I am confident that he can at least remember what he had for breakfast this morning, unlike Trump.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else think Pence looks like an old man version of a Ken doll?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait, wuuuuuuut? xD oh my gosh, you guys are drunk as f
Andrew Yang identifies as a white man and wants to give me $1000. Seems good enough to me.

Reactions: Xzi

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Pence is evil and creepy
Neh, just strikes me as a Yesman, that finds some pleasure in spilling out the truths he had to hold secret in public. Evil? He was a 'fixer'. (In movie parlance..) since when are those evil? ;) Creepy. Nah. A little socially awkward. :) Also a bit of a cultivator of his own image... ;) Surprisingly controlled, unless you tell him that hes violated law principles, then he gets emotional.. ;)

Watched the first part of the hearings. Surprisingly entertaining.. :)

Last edited by notimp,

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No. If I were more conspiracy minded, I'd think that the Republicans voted for Trump precisely as a shield against the Republicans in Congress. And then I'd further believe they chosen Pence as a shield against Trump ever being impeached and removed from office. I too vote with Pence is creepy, but I wouldn't go as far as evil. He's just another Sarah Palin--someone who lacks so many critical traits needed to be a good President. Then again, Trump is also another Sarah Palin...

I guess it just goes to show the truth, the office of Presidency is there to distract you from the workings of the shadow government.

PS - Just to spell out the creepy part: 'he “never eats alone with a woman other than his wife,” and that he doesn’t attend events serving alcohol unless she is with him as well.' -- The religious reasons Mike Pence won’t eat alone with women don’t add up The really important part is this: 'The impulse that led to the Billy Graham Rule — which was actually a solidification of principles guarding against several kinds of temptation — is a good and honorable one: to remain faithful to one’s spouse and to avoid the kind of behavior (or rumors of behavior) that have destroyed the careers of church leaders. Evangelical pastors having affairs is so common as to almost be cliche, and damages the integrity of the church.'

Every bit of that makes it clear, the rule exists to protect against "rumor" that will "[destroy] the career" of a person which "damages the integrity of the [business]" and must be proactively combated. It makes perfect sense, then, that a politician should do these things for his career. It would seem at best incidentally to protect his marriage. It strongly implies a substantial lack of self-control, which unsurprisingly results in the same sort of fundamentalist projections on society--be they Christian, Muslim, or other--that demand that society change to insure their moral integrity. Also, the behavior does nothing to resolve the "dead hooker or live boy" cliche--right out of Sparta--which always seems to follow the anti-LGBTQ "thou does protest too much".

Last edited by kuwanger,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
He was a 'fixer'. (In movie parlance..) since when are those evil?
Well, Michael Cohen is getting locked up for also being a "fixer," so...

Creepy. Nah. A little socially awkward.
He looks like the type of guy to ask his mother if it's okay before masturbating.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

x1Fi6Ly.jpg
There’s a lot of millionaire people on the Democratic side that doesn’t actually mean it and are hypocrites.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There’s a lot of millionaire people on the Democratic side that doesn’t actually mean it and are hypocrites.
Not true, the Starbucks guy wouldn't have threatened to split the vote if he thought they wouldn't go through with their proposals. The billionaires are quite worried about Sanders or a Sanders-like figure getting elected.

There are a few Democratic candidates that are too centrist for my taste, but I wouldn't really call them hypocrites, either.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: IncredulousP

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
There's just something about him that has me hopeful..
He still hasn’t won me over on UBI, Finland tired it out and it didn’t work out too good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/549087002

But Automation will be a problem in the future, and by 2030 most jobs making under $20 will be replaced with robots. So he has my attention, and i’ll see how the UBI argument will turn out as more people debate it.

Last edited by SG854,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
He still hasn’t won me over on UBI, Finland tired it out and it didn’t work out to good.

But Automation will be a problem in the future, and by 2030 most jobs making under $20 will be replaced with robots. So he has my attention, and i’ll see how he UBI argument will turn out.
Right, but Finland has an entirely different economic structure than we do. So, we'll see.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer: I have not read anything in this thread.

I think it's reasonable to guess that Trump will resign very soon before the end of his term so Pence has time to pardon him of all (federal) crimes. I doubt impeachment will go anywhere, considering the lengths his party will go to defend him.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
He still hasn’t won me over on UBI, Finland tired it out and it didn’t work out to good.

But Automation will be a problem in the future, and by 2030 most jobs making under $20 will be replaced with robots. So he has my attention, and i’ll see how he UBI argument will turn out as more people debate it.
Yeah, pretty soon we're not going to have the luxury of debating "if" we should have a UBI or not, it's either that or the majority of consumers lose all spending power and the economy collapses. Eighty percent of American jobs are in the service industry, and every one of those jobs can potentially be automated.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone else think Pence looks like an old man version of a Ken doll?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Andrew Yang identifies as a white man and wants to give me $1000. Seems good enough to me.
you mean give 1000 to buy ur vote?
SOLD OUT

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
on a related note, if america is somehow dumb enough to elect trump for a second term, we deserve whatever crap comes from it
Yeah I'm outtie 5000 if we elect Trump again. I've joked about it in the past when I thought GWB is as bad as it would get, but it's like this country has a tumor right on the memory center of its brain. Electing competent leadership for eight years means absolutely nothing if you elect a dumpster fire for even four afterward. It's far easier to break shit than it is to create something worth preserving.

So yeah...Canada it is unless this country can get its head on straight and avoids becoming a third-world Banana Republic. Trump doesn't want to be president, he wants to be king just like his buddies Kim Jong Un, Mohammad Bin Salman, and Vlad.

Reactions: orangy57

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!