• Total voters

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
I actually reported you for a different reason. But I figured seeing as how you're going around trolling saying that, like you did in the Wii thread "Get it if you enjoy primative controls and weak graphics", or something like that, I would troll you back. Personally I don't care about your opinion, if anything, just debating like anybody else would do. And seeing as how you're the one who's replying with things that I can reply to, why not?

Anyways, on topic:

I just voted, as anybody with half a brain would know that graphics don't make a game good. It should be the last thing to judge a purchase on.

Look, I'm a wii hater, you're not. Just get over it and stop following my every post.

Prick.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay. Graphics are the second-least important thing. (next to awesome cover art) Besides, when I look at graphics, I look at the art style and effort, not the resolution. Attention to detail as well. Heck, one of my favorites when it comes to graphics is Muramasa the Demon Blade, which also presents great gameplay, controls, story, and difficulty. Wind Waker is another game with an amazingly likable art style. Irregardless though, gameplay is always more important than graphics.

P.S. To the guy who said to see Final Fantasy XIII as an example of graphics>gameplay, though several of the long-time fans of the series weren't pleased, a lot of us actually enjoyed the change in gameplay and I doubt anyone who was actually playing the game used auto command excessively if at all. (maybe to kill some basic enemies to make grinding quicker) Don't get me wrong, you are entitled to your opinion, that's fine, but don't reference everyone else to your opinion please.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know what's weird? I've never played XIII. But I could tell, just from videos of the Gameplay and cutscenes, I would not like it. Maybe because it doesn't look like FF at all, or my preference of a classic turn based battle system was kicking in.

But I have never played the game, and from what I've been hearing, I'm not missing out on much.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
AaronUzumaki said:
Gameplay. Graphics are the second-least important thing. (next to awesome cover art) Besides, when I look at graphics, I look at the art style and effort, not the resolution. Attention to detail as well. Heck, one of my favorites when it comes to graphics is Muramasa the Demon Blade, which also presents great gameplay, controls, story, and difficulty. Wind Waker is another game with an amazingly likable art style. Irregardless though, gameplay is always more important than graphics.

P.S. To the guy who said to see Final Fantasy XIII as an example of graphics>gameplay, though several of the long-time fans of the series weren't pleased, a lot of us actually enjoyed the change in gameplay and I doubt anyone who was actually playing the game used auto command excessively if at all. (maybe to kill some basic enemies to make grinding quicker) Don't get me wrong, you are entitled to your opinion, that's fine, but don't reference everyone else to your opinion please.
I enjoyed it too.
I'm pretty sure most of the people who coplain didn't get past the beggining. In the end game Auto-command isn't always the smartest thing to do, unless you wanna die. And even if you do use auto-command a lot you still have to switch paradigms often.

QUOTE(ShadowSoldier @ Dec 28 2010, 03:36 PM) You know what's weird? I've never played XIII. But I could tell, just from videos of the Gameplay and cutscenes, I would not like it. Maybe because it doesn't look like FF at all, or my preference of a classic turn based battle system was kicking in.

But I have never played the game, and from what I've been hearing, I'm not missing out on much.
fV1HT.jpg

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
jsdman1234 said:
I am so sick and tired of hearing people whine about the Wii being inferior because it doesn't have as good of a graphics card as the Xbox 360 or the PlayStation 3, and I just thought this was a good place to get the people's opinions, because I'm sure if any of those graphics whores play Wind Waker, they'd still love it, because even if the graphics are "cartoony" and "kiddish" it's still a freakin' awesome game! One of the best Zelda games they've released as far as I'm concerned. It was just purely amazing.

And no, I'm not saying graphics don't matter, at all. Graphics reflect on the style of game it is, for instance, Wind Waker again, great game, cartoony graphics, and the game was more centered around fun and entertainment, where as games like the Half Life series have amazingly realistic graphics, and it's a very deep game, deep story, character development, it's a very dark and gritty game. It's awesome. And everything about the graphics do say what kind of game it can be. That can be said for any game.

Sorry for all the rambling here. Just had to get my point across.

I totally agree with you. For example, All those people complaining Call of duty: Black Ops (PS3) has bad quality, but the story is great ^.^

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Lol I like that. But I wasn't complaining. Just merely stating that.. the videos, they turned me away from the game. But like I also said, that could be because I prefer the traditional turn based battle system...

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
ShadowSoldier said:

Lol I like that. But I wasn't complaining. Just merely stating that.. the videos, they turned me away from the game. But like I also said, that could be because I prefer the traditional turn based battle system...
Well... the traditional turn based battle system ended with Final Fantasy III. Then it sort of came back with Final Fantasy X, but it wasn't too "traditional" really.
Final Fantasy XIII's battle system is basically an updated version of Final Fantasy X-2's ATB, complete with Dressphere changes mid-battle (Paradigm Shifts), combos (Stagger gauge) and super speedy ATB bars (even though in XIII you can only see your leader's ATB gauge). If you played X-2 and liked its battle system you'll probably like XIII's battle system. And it's gorgeous graphics and music. More back on topic though, the story is kinda bad (and it totally rips off Ergo Proxy (though I did like Lightning's character development)) but since the battles are so enjoyable it's not that bad. This proves gameplay > everything else.

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:
iSneeze said:
Wii: few games with awesome gameplay and crap graphics for all.
PS3 and Xbox 360: Few games with awesome gameplay and amazing graphics for pretty much all.

Ma personal opinion.
75378_TrollFace_answer_2_small.png

You're actually annoying how you're always posting that troll pic.

Crap graphics? Clearly you've never played games like Okami and No More Heroes, which has something that no PS3 or 360 game has... COLOR. Also, the whole realistic look games try to have, creeps me out because it can never be perfected, and it makes the game look ugly to me.

Also, you didn't answer the question, so your opinion is invalid.

Gameplay destroys all aspects in a game. If the gameplay isn't good, no matter how good the rest of the game is, the game will suck.

That's where you're wrong. game play doesn't destroy all other aspects. Just take a look at Gran Tursimo. 5 FUCKING YEARS and consumers have eagerly and desperately waited for it's next release. Let's not forget that the whole thing is nothing but a simulator, the most realistic game out there on the market and yet its sales are high. Game play of course makes a big deal, but so does graphics for those who have a taste for it, and so does music, art, violence and others. Different factors appeal to different kinds of people. YOU have your preference, I have my preference.

But still, think about it: Would you rather play a game because it's popular and has amazing graphics, or a game that has medium to low graphics that's the funnest game since the 90's, since that's about the time games started taking a dive.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
jsdman1234 said:
But still, think about it: Would you rather play a game because it's popular and has amazing graphics, or a game that has medium to low graphics that's the funnest game since the 90's, since that's about the time games started taking a dive.

When I play a popular game with amazing graphics (like CoD), I'm kinda like:
trollicons_2_29015_7764_thumb.png

When I play a game with medium to low graphics (no matter how fun) and would probably be a shame to let those around me know I play (like nintendo), I'm kinda like:

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then you're a sad excuse of a gamer. If it wasn't for Nintendo, there wouldn't even BE a game industry.

And it's posts like yours that I have no choice but to respond to because they're so idiotic and pathetic.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Then you're a sad excuse of a gamer. If it wasn't for Nintendo, there wouldn't even BE a game industry.

And it's posts like yours that I have no choice but to respond to because they're so idiotic and pathetic.

My god it's you again. Leave me alone! I get it, you hate me, my method of posting, my opinions, my taste and pretty much everything I do! LEAVE ME ALONE!
rageface.png

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice to see that the majority of GBATemp's Userbase is not very one-sided on graphics. In my opinion Storyline is what makes a game great. Well that and Gameplay for the most part. (I have a feeling somebody is gonna argue Tetris and Dr.Mario and any other puzzler they can think of.)

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:

My god it's you again. Leave me alone! I get it, you hate me, my method of posting, my opinions, my taste and pretty much everything I do! LEAVE ME ALONE!
rageface.png
You said that you don't want other people shoving our opinions down your throat...

then don't shove your opinion about how "great*" your games are down are throats!
angry.gif

btw, I'd gladly play SMB over CoD

*really, cod isnt really great.
and of course
low resolution != bad graphics

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:

rageface.png
You have to accept the fact that some of your opinions are better left unsaid.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
naglaro00 said:
You said that you don't want other people shoving our opinions down your throat...

then don't shove your opinion about how "great*" your games are down are throats!
angry.gif

btw, I'd gladly play SMB over CoD

*really, cod isnt really great.
and of course
low resolution != bad graphics

The guy was talking to me when he quoted my previous post:

QUOTE(jsdman1234 @ Dec 29 2010, 01:03 AM) But still, think about it: Would you rather play a game because it's popular and has amazing graphics, or a game that has medium to low graphics that's the funnest game since the 90's? since that's about the time games started taking a dive.

Then ShadowSoldier and you tagged along T_T.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:

rageface.png

Um no? I'm not doing anything wrong. Your posting things that I can reply to. Especially when it's stupid comments about how:

"When I play a game with medium to low graphics (no matter how fun) and would probably be a shame to let those around me know I play (like nintendo)"

You can't expect someone, even if it wasn't me, to not reply. Because that's the dumbest thing I have ever read. And trust me, I've read a lot of stupid shit (read the quote in my sig). But you're seriously just trolling. Just like how you go into every thread and post pretty much about how anything about Nintendo is embarrassing to be known to be playing. Yet, here you are on, basically, a pro-nintendo website, and you don't expect someone to reply to you? You're a moron if you think that.

I'm pretty sure, the entire world, would rather be known to play Nintendo than to be one of those "hardcore" fags who plays CoD or anything and gets "adrenaline" and gets worked up. That's just sad that there are people like that. And from what you posted before, you're one of those people.

Nintendo > Sony/Microsoft any day of the week.

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Despite being iSneeze's brother, I kind of agree to ShadowSolidier. 0_0
And no I'm not "tagging along"/"stalking". As SS said, anyone can reply to what you said. It's a forum for heaven's sake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock