Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of times graphics do help a game be better. I don't think I could see myself playing Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect in low res graphics and enjoying it, despite both being purely wonderful games.

There's still plenty of Wii games that are great even though they don't look as good as Xbox 360/PS3/PC games, but most good Wii games also have pretty good graphics for the system. Probably the best (at least the highest rated) Wii games (SMG and SMG2) have the best graphics on the system, for instance.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
jarejare3 said:
Crisis, dawn of war 2, heroes of newerth, starcraft 2, some final fantasy games, and also halo are good example of gameplay X graphics balance.
A good game requires gameplay.
But a AWESOME GAME requires both.
Halo is not a good example for glameplay. Outside of online gaming, they lack any kind of real offline gaming.

Ontopic: I prefer gameplay overall and I mean real gameplay, as in the game doesn't just rely on online gameplay to be fun. Which is growing harder to find nowadays.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
Gameplay, look at lots of indie games they dont have the best graphics but keep people entertained for hours
A good example of this would be minecraft. It's pixelated and blocky, yet fucking addictive and an excellent game.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gameplay is the most important, without a doubt. But great graphics help any game so much too.
My favourite game on the Wii was PES 2010. I loved it, and it's the only game I still miss since I sold my Wii. The graphics were mediocre, just normal, but the gameplay is just pure genious. I loved the total control feeling, the feeling you have when you can guide a player through the offside trap so easily.
Wonderful game that was....

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, this is what makes a game great in order from most important to least:

Gameplay
Music
Story
Controls
Graphics
Replayability
Difficulty

So by that, I prefer gameplay over anything.

Also, this is my 1337th post.
yay.gif

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
iSneeze said:
Wii: few games with awesome gameplay and crap graphics for all.
PS3 and Xbox 360: Few games with awesome gameplay and amazing graphics for pretty much all.

Ma personal opinion.
75378_TrollFace_answer_2_small.png

You're actually annoying how you're always posting that troll pic.

Crap graphics? Clearly you've never played games like Okami and No More Heroes, which has something that no PS3 or 360 game has... COLOR. Also, the whole realistic look games try to have, creeps me out because it can never be perfected, and it makes the game look ugly to me.

Also, you didn't answer the question, so your opinion is invalid.

Gameplay destroys all aspects in a game. If the gameplay isn't good, no matter how good the rest of the game is, the game will suck.

That's where you're wrong. game play doesn't destroy all other aspects. Just take a look at Gran Tursimo. 5 FUCKING YEARS and consumers have eagerly and desperately waited for it's next release. Let's not forget that the whole thing is nothing but a simulator, the most realistic game out there on the market and yet its sales are high. Game play of course makes a big deal, but so does graphics for those who have a taste for it, and so does music, art, violence and others. Different factors appeal to different kinds of people. YOU have your preference, I have my preference.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
That's where you're wrong. game play doesn't destroy all other aspects. Just take a look at Gran Tursimo. 5 FUCKING YEARS and consumers have eagerly and desperately waited for it's next release. Let's not forget that the whole thing is nothing but a simulator, the most realistic game out there on the market and yet its sales are high. Game play of course makes a big deal, but so does graphics for those who have a taste for it, and so does music, art, violence and others. Different factors appeal to different kinds of people. YOU have your preference, I have my preference.

Realistic doesn't mean its good. Video games are a way to escape normal reality and be able to do things impossible in the real world. I guess some people like a simulator so they can pretend to drive fancy cars but I always thought of video games as a way to enjoy the impossible.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
iSneeze said:

Realistic doesn't mean its good. Video games are a way to escape normal reality and be able to do things impossible in the real world. I guess some people like a simulator so they can pretend to drive fancy cars but I always thought of video games as a way to enjoy the impossible.

You might enjoy the impossible, and so would millions around the world. But as I said earlier different factors appeal to different kinds of people. You can't just stereotype and say "gameplay < graphics and that's the way it should be for everyone".

We all have our personal preferences. OP asked for each person's opinion. Not for a bloody argument where 2 or more violently try to shove their opinions down the others' throats.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
Guild McCommunist said:
iSneeze said:

You might enjoy the impossible, and so would millions around the world. But as I said earlier different factors appeal to different kinds of people. You can't just stereotype and say "gameplay < graphics and that's the way it should be for everyone".

We all have our personal preferences. OP asked for each person's opinion. Not for a bloody argument where 2 or more violently try to shove their opinions down the others' throats.

So basically you can just lay down an obvious troll opinion then bitch about people trying to start nothing but a friendly debate on the matter? God forbid anyone else try to put down a counterpoint. When you post something on a forum, it's up for speculation by anyone, opinion or not. I was being friendly and simply presenting an opposing point of view for you to have a friendly and mature debate about.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
I prefer gameplay overall and I mean real gameplay, as in the game doesn't just rely on online gameplay to be fun. Which is growing harder to find nowadays.
This is the truth, almost all "good" games nowadays are considered "good" b/c of online play. imo go get a SNES if you actually want to play the best games out there

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
So basically you can just lay down an obvious troll opinion then bitch about people trying to start nothing but a friendly debate on the matter? God forbid anyone else try to put down a counterpoint. When you post something on a forum, it's up for speculation by anyone, opinion or not. I was being friendly and simply presenting an opposing point of view for you to have a friendly and mature debate about.

My bad, I mistaked you for someone I'm arguing with for the same reason on another topic (Wii worth the money?).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
Guild McCommunist said:

My bad, I mistaked you for someone I'm arguing with for the same reason on another topic (Wii worth the money?).

No problem, no harm done
smile.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I prefer gameplay over graphics, but to me graphics is important too...

That's why I got the PS3, I can have it both ways with games like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (Sorry GT5, you lose this round, nya.), Bayonetta, and Killzone 2.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:
iSneeze said:
PS3 and Xbox 360: Few games with awesome gameplay and amazing graphics for pretty much all.

Ma personal opinion.

Crap graphics? Clearly you've never played games like Okami and No More Heroes, which has something that no PS3 or 360 game has... COLOR. Also, the whole realistic look games try to have, creeps me out because it can never be perfected, and it makes the game look ugly to me.

Gameplay destroys all aspects in a game. If the gameplay isn't good, no matter how good the rest of the game is, the game will suck.

So if someone presented you a game with immensely amazing, never before seen graphics, but the game lacked any depth, had rubbish controls, and the gameplay just outright sucked, would you still think it's a good game?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:
iSneeze said:

Ma personal opinion.

Uh, it sells because it's gameplay is amazing and no other simulator has been able to come close to the level of detail in the gameplay that Gran Turismo has. Your preference is wrong.

Also, little tip for future posts: using swears in the context you did, it's hard to take you seriously in a debate.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Uh, it sells because it's gameplay is amazing and no other simulator has been able to come close to the level of detail in the gameplay that Gran Turismo has. Your preference is wrong.

Also, little tip for future posts: using swears in the context you did, it's hard to take you seriously in a debate.

Do you enjoy stalking me from topic to topic?
stalker.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:

stalker.gif

Oh I'm sorry, am I trolling the troll?

Also no, you post stupid things, and you post in the threads that I'm currently interested in. Give it a year and I'll be out of your hair.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:

stalker.gif

Also no, you post stupid things, and you post in the threads that I'm currently interested in. Give it a year and I'll be out of your hair.

Well since you've clearly stated your obvious opposition to pretty much anything I do... Here's a troll face since you love them
. Just kidding, but do you have to be such a prick reporting everyone just because you don't like their method of forum posting or their personal opinions/tastes? Just leave me alone and stop opposing everything I say on every topic, keep your shit to yourself.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:
iSneeze said:
ShadowSoldier said:

stalker.gif

Well since you've clearly stated your obvious opposition to pretty much anything I do... Here's a troll face since you love them
. Just kidding, but do you have to be such a prick reporting everyone just because you don't like their method of forum posting or their personal opinions/tastes? Just leave me alone and stop opposing everything I say on every topic, keep your shit to yourself.

I actually reported you for a different reason. But I figured seeing as how you're going around trolling saying that, like you did in the Wii thread "Get it if you enjoy primative controls and weak graphics", or something like that, I would troll you back. Personally I don't care about your opinion, if anything, just debating like anybody else would do. And seeing as how you're the one who's replying with things that I can reply to, why not?

Anyways, on topic:

I just voted, as anybody with half a brain would know that graphics don't make a game good. It should be the last thing to judge a purchase on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i heard fallout 4 is shit but i think that was when it released