Homebrew Who else would like a PSP emulator for the Switch?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Patapon is LOVE!:D (pata-pata-pata-patapon is still stuck in my head from the very first one, lol)

I'm sorry to be the one telling you that, but actually it's "pata-pata-pata-pon". Otherwise it would not even fit the rhythm (unless you are a 5/4 rhythm kind of person). :D

Btw, I like pon-pon-pata-pon more. :lol:

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: pandavova and ThoD

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously it can run one! Of course given the time and work.

But I was thinking of how I wanted to play Dissidia NT on the Switch, but you know... PS4 and Arcade only. Then i thought, "Hey, Duodecim!"

So yeah! Just wondering about all your thoughts for a psp retroarchcore or something.

I do. PSX and perhaps PS2 ? I dont think PS2, thought. It is just a wishful thinking.

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love it.
I wouldn't mind playing a crapload of games anew on Switch PSP emulator.
I think for the most part it be Monster Hunter though lol

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All abroad the necro train

I've not been able to build the PPSSPP libretro core on the Switch just yet. It might require extra porting work, for the ARM64 JIT. But IIRC the core is really outdated and it will need to be fully rewritten to be up-to-date with the standalone emulator.
Please can you work on this amazing emu? I mean ppsspp. Do whatever you think it's good.
Our dream to could run psp games on switch. It doesn't matter as a core or the standalone.
Please make it happen.

Last edited by Fadi5555,

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after PS1 games more than anything else. But playing the PSP battlefront games definitely has some serious appeal! But I still have a PS1 and I can play PSP games on l'PS3 for now. :)

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you, Patapon is LOVE!:D (pata-pata-pata-patapon is still stuck in my head from the very first one, lol)
Ugh Patapon was so hard sometimes. Specialy if you couldn't feel the beat very well.

There was also a awesome co op racing battle game on psp.. Forgot the name. You could shout with the railgun and lasers to kill each other in a arena. it was so fun.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You guys do realize that PPSSPP has a Retroarch core?

We will have PSP emulation in a few days. (Either when Lakka works or when CFW can run Retroarch).

Reactions: Fadi5555

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You guys do realize that PPSSPP has a Retroarch core?

We will have PSP emulation in a few days. (Either when Lakka works or when CFW can run Retroarch).
It still will take a complete rewrite and optimization to port it on the Switch and have it run without being buggy to the point it breaks games. Don't just make assumptions so casually.

Reactions: pandavova

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ugh Patapon was so hard sometimes. Specialy if you couldn't feel the beat very well.

There was also a awesome co op racing battle game on psp.. Forgot the name. You could shout with the railgun and lasers to kill each other in a arena. it was so fun.

Fired Up comes to mind. I could be wrong, though.

Reactions: MeowMeowMeow

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It still will take a complete rewrite and optimization to port it on the Switch and have it run without being buggy to the point it breaks games. Don't just make assumptions so casually.

I thought libretro cores are designed to work on any system that Retroarch runs on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: did you see the fallout series