Homebrew Who else would like a PSP emulator for the Switch?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I thought libretro cores are designed to work on any system that Retroarch runs on?
Cores are exactly that, CORES. It's the base that you build the emulator over. The cores can be used on all systems, but everything else that involves emulating and whatnot needs to be remade to fit the system. The purpose of the cores is to simply ease up development by saving the time that would take to do literally everything from the start. A core can be like 30% of what will end up as the emulator or less, but it still takes work, reason emulators don't come out as fast as you assumed.

Reactions: Fadi5555

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cores are exactly that, CORES. It's the base that you build the emulator over. The cores can be used on all systems, but everything else that involves emulating and whatnot needs to be remade to fit the system. The purpose of the cores is to simply ease up development by saving the time that would take to do literally everything from the start. A core can be like 30% of what will end up as the emulator or less, but it still takes work, reason emulators don't come out as fast as you assumed.
I think if we can ask the creator of ppsspp we can get it. Even as a beta release.
But if no one say anything about getting ppsspp no body will take it seriously. (This is my thoughts indeed)

By the way this is the official ppsspp link on github
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp

We really hope we can get it as soon as possible.

Repl01d_rocsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
well... why not? it had good games like... breath of fire 3, dungeon explorer, GTA VCS, kingdom hearts, dissidia, phantasy star universe 1&2...
although i have completed all thoose games already, so i won't cry if i don't get the PSP emu.

BTW there's a version of the emu for android, with a recent phone you can play almost all the titles, attach a bluetooth controller to having a good gaming experience. I use a model similar to these one, adjustable to fit all models
palanca-control-bluetooth-para-celulares-tablet-ipad-pc-D_NQ_NP_449321-MEC20767567293_062016-O.jpg

Last edited by Repl01d_rocsa,

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that happens and it's as stable as adrenaline on the vita...I'll sell my vita and the Switch will be my ultimate gaming handheld.
I have vita with adrenaline too. But if you can see the psp games on it is so pixelated even with using filters.

Just imagine you can play psp games with bigger screen with hd look as well as you have joycons attachments. To me it’ll be a big deal.

Reactions: Zumoly

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I have vita with adrenaline too. But if you can see the psp games on it is so pixelated even with using filters.

Just imagine you can play psp games with bigger screen with hd look as well as you have joycons attachments. To me it’ll be a big deal.

Optimized PPSSPP on the go!

Reactions: Fadi5555

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Optimized PPSSPP on the go!
Ppsspp is already available and running pretty good even on weak mobile devices but to be honest I don’t like the touch screen at all and I wouldn’t take third party controller with me everywhere. Unlike Nintendo Switch with its official joycons makes playing psp games much better especially on handheld.

Reactions: nmkd and Zumoly

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
I'd quite like a psp emulator but only if it can play Project diva. And to anyone that is gonna say there are a lot of other great games to play, there are, but not that i like. I don't like 99,9% of the playstation games for any playstation. Not because i hate playstation or something, but because the kind of games on there just doesn't fit my taste.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT