Why do people choose iPods

So, why did you choose an iPod over the other players?

• Superior sound quality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It looks nice

• Easy to use

• It has features I like

• I like Apple products

• It was a good price

• Capacity (not related to price)

• Don't own one

• Total voters

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought one cause it was really cheap. $150 for the 80GB one back in August. Cause I got a MBP too and some student discount made that happen
smile.gif

And I have the shuffle cause I like "wearing" stuff. And when it doesn't fit the over-all style, I'm opting to leave Mr. Shuffle home.

And yes, I'm an Apple fan, count that into your "study" there
wink.gif

I just love how I connect it to iTunes and my playlists are on there, smart playlists with most played songs, the most recently added so I can reach my new stuff quick, every single song I have is there. Cause copying folders to somewhere is soooo un-Mac experience
wink.gif

But I kinda...don't use it anymore. Cause I got the iPhone
biggrin.gif
(yup, call me an Apple whore...and I'll like it
smile.gif
) Can't carry the entire music collection around anymore, but there's some music in my iTunes which I'd never listen to and I have it there for purely social reasons
smile.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love my iPod. I'm one for buying products that are popular. Usually they are well supported. My last MP3 player was a rio riot and it was 20gb. It was massive, the support was none existent and it used battery power even when switched off. So unless you used it every day, you would have to recharge it before it would switch on.

I have the mini iPod and I also got one for my girlfriend at the same time. I love the idea of the click wheel, so simple to use. The only downfall of the iPod is iTunes. Its wayyyyyyy too complicated to use. So I use anapod instead, its simple drag and drop. Its been mentioned before in this topic, you can use rockbox. Which can play flac and you can just drag the files over you want to play.

No more iTunes or any need to buy anapod. Rockbox doesn't work on the new iPods as yet. The other thing I don't like about the iPod is you can't change the battery yourself if you get a nano. It's soldered to the mobo, so unless you have excellent soldering skills, you can't fit one. Then apple charge you £50 to fit a £5 battery. You don't even get your iPod back, so you have to put all you music back on.

With the mini you can change the battery, but you have to be careful when opening it up. My girlfriend has used her iPod mini for the last 2 years, nearly every day at work. The only problem as been the battery, as she killed it when she dropped the charging adapter and made it faulty. I changed the charger and battery and shes not had problems since.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the option for "Because they're mindless drones and follow the masses?" My Philips 6GB served me well, but now I have my DS and PSP to play songs so I don't need it much anymore. But, it was better than an iPod in pretty much every way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk