Why do so many people hate Windows 10?

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to go honest here; I don't give a shit about Microsoft's spying... well I do, but that isn't all of my problems.

The main problems I had was the decrease in performance, I had Windows 10 for over a year since release, and I do currently dual boot it on my PC with 7, but I have encountered a lot more problems with processes, BSoDs, etc with Win10 than 7, but overall if these were not a problem, (including bloat but eh) I would agree, Windows 10 would be a decent OS.
I still hate the metro apps

Reactions: Deleted User

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to go honest here; I don't give a shit about Microsoft's spying... well I do, but that isn't all of my problems.

The main problems I had was the decrease in performance, I had Windows 10 for over a year since release, and I do currently dual boot it on my PC with 7, but I have encountered a lot more problems with processes, BSoDs, etc with Win10 than 7, but overall if these were not a problem, (including bloat but eh) I would agree, Windows 10 would be a decent OS.
It really makes me wonder what's going on with that. Because I've NEVER had a BSOD in Win10 that wasn't directly my fault. And I updated on launch.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

That must differ between setups, because I have to disagree here. Windows 10 ran much better compared to Windows 7 on my older laptop. Everything I did in one worked smoother on the other.

Because the Aero theme is missing.
Glass8 is what you must have then :P

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
Cause that's how humans are... 10 is the best OS ever released. Super fast very reliable... Using it since the first beta and was always happy with it. Most people are afraid of the unknown I guess.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People know Windows 10 collects enormous amounts of data but they have to dylude themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I USE W10 but don't lie to yourselves.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/configure/windows-diagnostic-data

What do you suggest we do, then? Magically learn CLI commands and go to Linux, having driver compatibility issues and learning that most games won't even run on it?

Probably a hardware thing. Some manufacturers were slow getting drivers updated, IIRC. Though drivers from the Win7 and up days tend to work okay.

Except for one thing, my WiFi adapter, TP-Link has been sitting on their asses with their Archer 12UH model drivers; it only works with the 2.4 GHz band, 5.4 is out, and is slower.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Roify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Cause that's how humans are... 10 is the best OS ever released. Super fast very reliable... Using it since the first beta and was always happy with it. Most people are afraid of the unknown I guess.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

What do you suggest we do, then? Magically learn CLI commands and go to Linux, having driver compatibility issues and learning that most games won't even run on it?

Except for one thing, my WiFi adapter, TP-Link has been sitting on their asses with their Archer 12UH model drivers; it only works with the 2.4 GHz band, 5.4 is out, and is slower.
well actually Im pretty happy with linux , I dont have any driver issues , it worked out of the box!
And I really have np with games because im a retro guy :)

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Apps. 100% of "apps" in the Windows store are worthless. There is not a single "app" on Windows that has any useful functionality.
  • Telemetry. As much as you want to pretend previous versions had telemetry, none of them sent data to Microsoft without explicit permission, e.g. Windows error reporting (introduced in XP). This doesn't count MS retroactively adding telemetry to 7 and 8.1.
  • Worthless 16-color UI that makes less use of the 16 colors than Windows 3.0 did.
  • Forced updates. As much as you want to pretend that you can stop them with registry hacks, MS will push them anyway. This includes the "Pro" and "Enterprise" versions, which merely let you delay certain updates.
  • Microsoft's incessant attempts at trying to claim all Windows programs run on all Windows devices, especially "Xbox on Windows Phone" and "Continuum", both of which only run specific "apps" that are targetted at those platforms.
Not directly related to Windows 10:
  • Microsoft explicitly preventing updates on Windows 7 and 8.1 if you're using Kaby Lake or Ryzen CPUs. There is no excuse for this. Anyone claiming "but but but testing or drivers!!" is lying, since Windows 7 and 8.1 are obviously *working* on those machines. (MS has never explicitly blocked new CPUs on old OSes for arbitrary non-technical reasons like this.)
  • Following onto that: MS is also blocking WIndows 7 and 8.1 updates on Skylake, but is *not* blocking them if your Skylake machine is from one of a handful of "special" OEMs, which proves that it isn't a technical issue.
There is not a single thing anyone here could say to convince me to ever install Windows 10 on any machine. Period.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +blocking

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This opinion made me laugh.
The only best OS to exist is Windows 7. No useless "Windows Store" shit, no forced updates, nothing.
I can atleast game on it, unlike Windows 10 which suddenly shuts down with random blue screens.

Oh, i don't have Xbox, or a PC which is a speed demon so why should i upgrade to it?
I dislike it's UI, useless features and other stuff which i don't want. So i'm not one of those people which don't want to accept something new, i just dislike it after testing it on my PC and laptop.

I had much more blue screens with Windows 8 alone, compared to 7 and 10 combined. No joke.
I had one BSOD on my laptop, and I was the responsible for it, lol.

This pretty much sums up why i also have Windows 7. The other Windows versions past 7 can burn in fire.
My laptop came with Windows 8.1 and it was so shitty. I used to just go on internet and check my emails and i was getting bluescreens.
Not doing anything (bluescreen), gaming (bluescreen) ect ect no matter what i did, installed Windows again, update drivers ...bla bla bla

Windows 7 lives and will remain King.

D

Deleted User

Don't put words in my mouth. I can't fucking stand most Linux distros and their sperg community (just look on this forum). I hate how you have to run terminal commands and compile tons of shit to get drivers work, I hate how there might be 5 ways to do something and none of them work. I hate how nothing tells you specifically what it is.

I could go on for ages.

Reactions: Deleted User

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't put words in my mouth. I can't fucking stand most Linux distros and their sperg community (just look on this forum). I hate how you have to run terminal commands and compile tons of shit to get drivers work, I hate how there might be 5 ways to do something and none of them work. I hate how nothing tells you specifically what it is.

I could go on for ages.
I'd like to point out https://github.com/GerbilSoft/rom-properties .

The Windows UI frontend currently has 4,990 lines of code. The same functionality is accomplished in the GTK+ UI with 1,939 lines, and the KDE UI with 1,030 lines. (calculated using sloccount)

Care to tell me how Windows makes things "easier" for me here?

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +sloccount
D

Deleted User

The Windows UI frontend currently has 4,990 lines of code. The same functionality is accomplished in the GTK+ UI with 1,939 lines, and the KDE UI with 1,030 lines.

Well, being a person who doesn't know how to code in Windows UI frontend to save his life, I would assume it would be hard(er).

But i'm talking about me, the end user. A person who only does some little python coding. That doesn't have to work with the Kernal of an OS and doesn't want to. An OS has it's function s for everyone, most Linux Distros aren't for me.

Tell me, what were you trying to accomplish with this post?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

The Windows UI frontend currently has 4,990 lines of code. The same functionality is accomplished in the GTK+ UI with 1,939 lines, and the KDE UI with 1,030 lines. (calculated using sloccount)

I'm confused as to how this is at all relevant?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell me, what were you trying to accomplish with this post?
I'm sick of people like you constantly talking down to anyone who uses Linux because "baww Windows is so much easier and Linux blocks games!!". My post proves that Windows isn't as "easy" as you think it is.

Why do you think my ROM Properties Page project requires "kernal" coding anyway? It's entirely userspace.

I'm confused as to how this is at all relevant?
If Windows is "so much easier to use", it shouldn't take thousands more lines of code to do the same thing on Windows as it does on "evil command line Linux".

Last edited by GerbilSoft,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already