JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
people seem to be under the impression that science in infallible , well it is not, they are also under the false impression that doctors know everything and that they are gods and are also infallible , they think modern medicine has all the answers
but truth be told they know absolutely fuckall
And yet you believe Andrew Wakefield, who published a fake study in exchange for money. Don't hate us because we believe people who are actually credible.

Like every other conspiracy theorist, you're cherry picking data, instead of looking at the whole picture. Pharmaceutical companies aren't innocent (and neither are doctors, the false autism link proves that), but that doesn't mean one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) medical breakthroughs in the past 160 years is just a big lie to get money.

PS: I said 160 years because that's about when germ theory was first established, and I personally consider it to be the biggest medical breakthrough of all time. But that's entirely personal, and irrelevant.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You are basing your argument on older medication, which is all well and good, but still doesn't show a connection between autism and vaccines. This is what's called a "Straw man," you are piecing together bits and pieces of old information to make a scary sounding argument, again.
Once again, I am going to keep requesting the same thing I've requested this entire time. Show some evidence, medical documents, that are actually relevant to the topic on hand. You've spent this entire thread just grasping at random pieces of information and it's actually kind of sad.

Last edited by The Catboy,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leaving aside the various other means by which they can be made to do the task, and the pondering of philosophical implications of concepts like "there are no poisons, only poisonous doses", it is dead viruses that you meant. A rather important distinction there.

There are plenty of ways of testing such things even if you can't say "ah look they have a build up/lack of/this area firing or not when it normally would not or would...".
The vaccines were not rolled out worldwide all at once with universal takeup at the same time. To that end there are population groups which got it later, or not at all, or have since not got it. Go find those and see if your correlations have similar roll out windows.
Here is an example of such logic in action (around 2:30 if you do not want to watch the whole thing)

On no money for tests? When the peeps behind the concepts can afford to run adverts and do all the events and networking they do. Here is an article covering some of the money donated. http://www.aol.com/article/2015/02/06/money-behind-anti-vaccine-movement/21139953/
It would be more than enough to fund a study. One again has to wonder at the biases of it with the funding coming from it but if all the public funded stuff done outside the US is not enough then maybe.

Earlier you mentioned poor study methods. All such analysis is basic economics, virology/epidemiology, networking modelling... the list of fields could go on for a while.

Normally I do not feel the need to appease feelings. Here though I will say I feel sorry for you, maybe one day you might find reason. I can only hope you do not drag too many others down prior to then.

OMG some unknowns raised almost $1.5 million dollars to shill their antivax point of view , THE HORRORS!, meanwhile just ignore the fact that big pharma all but owns the entire media and has hundreds of billions at it's disposal to shill their point of view
just ignore that almost every single commercial during every news broadcast is an ad for big pharama, just ignore that
just ignore the fact that like 90% of all sponsorship for all television media comes from big pharma and that they are the ones pushing the pro vaxx propaganda line
i am sure there is absolutely no bias or conflict of interest there at all

yeah the people spending almost 1.5 million are the real shills not the big pharma companies spending billions and all but owning the media,suuuuree

also your article has disproven several claims made by others here that the jump in autism is due only to better diagnosis.

from the article
"This mission is based on the acknowledged significant increases of previously rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases that have become prevalent since the 1980s. These diseases include a wide range of conditions varying from asthma to autism and age related neurological diseases such as Alzheimer's."
"ACKNOWLEDGED," "SIGNIFICANT INCREASE OR PREVIOUSLY RARE AUTOIMUNE DISEASES" ,"AUTISM"

" A recent study by Danish researchers suggests that 60 percent of the apparent increase in reports of autism spectrum disorder is due to "changes in diagnostic criteria and the inclusion of out-of-hospital diagnoses," according to CBS News. In 1994, diagnostic criteria changed the symptoms that are supposed to diagnose the disorder. That still leaves 40 percent of the causes of increased diagnoses unaccounted for"
"THAT STILL LEAVES 40% OF THE CAUSES OF INCREASED DIAGNOSIS UNACCOUNTED FOR"

Last edited by weatMod,

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
OMG some unknowns raised almost $1.5 million dollars to shill their antivax point of view , THE HORRORS!, meanwhile just ignore the fact that big pharma all but owns the entire media and has hundreds of billions at it's disposal to shill their point of view
just ignore that almost every single commercial during every news broadcast is an ad for big pharama, just ignore that
just ignore the fact that like 90% of all sponsorship for all television media comes from big pharma and that they are the ones pushing the pro vaxx propaganda line
i am sure there is absolutely no bias or conflict of interest there at all

yeah the people spending almost 1.5 million are the real shills not the big pharma companies spending billions and all but owning the media,suuuuree

also your article has disproven several claims made by others here that the jump in autism is due only to better diagnosis.

from the article
"This mission is based on the acknowledged significant increases of previously rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases that have become prevalent since the 1980s. These diseases include a wide range of conditions varying from asthma to autism and age related neurological diseases such as Alzheimer's."
"ACKNOWLEDGED," "SIGNIFICANT INCREASE OR PREVIOUSLY RARE AUTOIMUNE DISEASES" ,"AUTISM"

" A recent study by Danish researchers suggests that 60 percent of the apparent increase in reports of autism spectrum disorder is due to "changes in diagnostic criteria and the inclusion of out-of-hospital diagnoses," according to CBS News. In 1994, diagnostic criteria changed the symptoms that are supposed to diagnose the disorder. That still leaves 40 percent of the causes of increased diagnoses unaccounted for"
"THAT STILL LEAVES 40% OF THE CAUSES OF INCREASED DIAGNOSIS UNACCOUNTED FOR"
You've missed the point. There has only ever once been a suggestion that vaccines and autism were linked, and that turned out to be nothing but the result of a bribe. Millions of lives have been saved because of vaccines. or Billions depending on how you look at, because people who survived had kids. With millions of definitive positive results, and one discredited negative result, I think it's pretty reasonable that not all of us want to join your conspiracy train.

Just because pharmaceutical companies make money off it, that doesn't mean you can assume it's a scam or cover-up.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me just cut out the irrelevant parts.
This statement is just plain false.
https://ourworldindata.org/life-expectancy/
We are in fact living a lot longer compared to generations before us. We are also living a lot healthier without massive outbreaks killing off huge chunks of the population
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics
Why? Because not only did we start better understanding basic hygiene, but because of the wide spread usage of vaccines. We started counteracting deceases before they had time to spread and people start living longer lives.
The numbers don't lie and just looking at history, it's pretty oblivious that the human immune system isn't a perfect system. This idea of the "perfect" human immune system is naïve and easily taken apart by simply looking at history. And idea of "Look at me! I haven't vaccinated and I'm healthy!" isn't a solid argument.

Why should I have any faith in ourworldindata.org and wikipdia?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why should I have any faith in ourworldindata.org and wikipdia?
I am not asking for faith, but if you'd like here's more pages showing the same data
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005140.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2625386/
As for the wiki links, do I really need to get into details about rapidly spreading plagues?
https://www.google.com/search?q=gre...2j69i57j0l2.2087j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Simple history shows the last time we suffered any great plague was before the common usage of vaccines. After vaccines became common practice they just kind of stopped. Sure there still some rapidly spreading diseases, but nothing like before.
Now why should I put any faith in you, I would also like evidence for your claims.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why is it that even on the temp, something like this always has autism involved within it /:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know, I was having fun with it though, although it didn't get to milk thread levels just yet.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how people avoid vaccinations because they're afraid of acquiring something completely arbitrary, like autism. You probably know that people today generally live longer than all previous generations. You know why that is? Because of medical breakthroughs like vaccinations. People used to be paralyzed by Polio, IF they were lucky enough to survive. And guess what? The Polio vaccine nearly rid the USA of Polio altogether.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's funny how people avoid vaccinations because they're afraid of acquiring something completely arbitrary, like autism. You probably know that people today generally live longer than all previous generations. You know why that is? Because of medical breakthroughs like vaccinations. People used to be paralyzed by Polio, IF they were lucky enough to survive. And guess what? The Polio vaccine nearly rid the USA of Polio altogether.
The problem is we're currently in a Renaissance of idiocy. How else do you explain American politics devolving to an "us vs them" war where the only viable candidates are a crook and a liar, and all those teenagers that "convert" to muslim then travel to Isis only to be treated as slaves and killed?

People simply don't realize just how good things are for them, and will gladly throw it away without understanding the implications. And let's assume that vaccines caused autism. So what then? In the dark ages someone who was autistic would be considered possessed and would be tortured to "let the demons out," but now there's a support framework in place so we can learn social nuances that others picked up automatically and become self-sufficient members of society. That's more than I can say about the anti-vax spokeswoman who's only claim to fame is being an old Playboy girl and is now desperate to do anything to keep the gravy train coming in.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is we're currently in a Renaissance of idiocy. How else do you explain American politics devolving to an "us vs them" war where the only viable candidates are a crook and a liar, and all those teenagers that "convert" to muslim then travel to Isis only to be treated as slaves and killed?

People simply don't realize just how good things are for them, and will gladly throw it away without understanding the implications. And let's assume that vaccines caused autism. So what then? In the dark ages someone who was autistic would be considered possessed and would be tortured to "let the demons out," but now there's a support framework in place so we can learn social nuances that others picked up automatically and become self-sufficient members of society. That's more than I can say about the anti-vax spokeswoman who's only claim to fame is being an old Playboy girl and is now desperate to do anything to keep the gravy train coming in.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

And worst of all, people on a gaming site debating over this.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't really say about vaccinations, but I cringe every time there's a commercial about a new drug on TV that's to help with something, but comes with a whole slew of possible side effects that would make one not want to use the drug in the first place.
I should mention here a couple of things
-if it's on TV and says "ask your doctor" at the end don't buy that shit. It's just a corporation trying to make money and your doctor will usually prescribe something that gets the job done better
-I don't know about other drugs, but in the case of antidepressants the whole "suicidal thoughts" thing is just legal speak. It's not that the drug is actually altering your brain in a way that makes you want to kill yourself, it's just that if it's doing its job right it will actually give you enough energy to follow through with a previously formulated plan that you never had the strength for

As a side note, aside from wheatMod being generally uninformed, what all happened in the last ~4 pages?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

they are both lying crooks, ,not mutually exclusive

and the only reason they let some vapid brokedown irish fuckslut who can't keep her finger out of her nose or her gash off the pages of national magazines have a platform is so that they can use her as a strawman
there are more credible people out there against vaccines, the media lets her have her platform because their big pharma sponsors encourage them to

Last edited by weatMod,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by weatMod,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes the media that is totally owned by and sponsored by big pharma is not manipulating you or your opinions at all
she is not to dumb to even realize that she is being used, you are right you are so smart and i am just an idiot
I find it hilarious that you quote me to a Wikipedia link on the straw-man argument and then proceed to use two in the same post

Reactions: Deleted User

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

yes the media that is totally owned by and sponsored by big pharma is not manipulating you or your opinions at all
she is not too dumb to even realize that she is being used, you are right you are just so smart and i am just an idiot
This whole thread has just devolved to debunking everything you say and now you are going to accuse someone of a straw man? Dude, look, this was fun, but honestly it's become a dead horse and I am calling it quits for the night. Someone tag me when some actual evidence is posted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, what tree?