Why Don't People Vaccinate?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I were faced with a life threatening virus, and I knew for sure I needed a vaccine or I was going to die, then sure I would take one!

What I am arguing against is the whole "call the ambulance before I hurt my self mentality", and I guess also, quoting web sites as if that is any different than quoting a scripture that was being misused by a dishonest high priest.

Anyhow, if you can't keep up, I guess I'll admit "defeat" according to your terms and definition. ;)
ac3.jpg

You can't change the original topic here. You asked me for proof and I provided, then I asked you for proof. Instead of providing proof, you danced around the question and then started going on off topic tangents.
I gave you peer reviewed researched research with credible sources, then followed it different sources, that sited the same information. That is how science works, when question you provide addition information to back up your claims.

If there's anyone who's doing the "call the ambulance before I hurt my self mentality," it's you. You haven't backed up your claims, you've been going off topic when pressured to back up your claims, and you were the one who quoted scripture for no apparent reason. And yet you still haven't even provided a single bit of proof to your original claim that started this all

Last edited by The Catboy,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citation extremely fucking needed.

Indeed, but asking opponents of vaccinations for citation on the internet is an impossibility. They can't cite a source because they have no source to back up their baseless claims.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be pedantic, but bubonic plague is neither viral nor life-threatening (in developed countries).
Yeah, it's a bacteria (and if we're being honest do you really think he was differentiating between the two), but there are eight cases per year reported in the US, most recently in Oregon and (I believe?) Illinois, which classifies it as a potential threat, right? :^)

On a more serious note, there is a legitimate concern that it will be weaponized in an aerosol form by terrorists in the near future, along with potentially Anthrax (heard about that recent outbreak in Siberia? There's a concern that since the grave sites of people who died of the illness are public knowledge, they may be dug up)

And that's something that should definitely concern @XDel. Because terrorists.

Reactions: Deleted User

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm. Seems that unwatching a thread does not disable like notifications.

I simply do not have the energy for one of my comprehensive rants at the moment, but I will say this: No matter all of the technical details, no matter who said what, no matter what the evidence is; if vaccines caused autism, wouldn't we be hearing from the mothers?

Vaccines are very, very prevalent. Nearly 100% vaccination rates in some countries. If it caused autism, then nearly all children should be autistic. I have never heard of a single case of a mother coming out as declaring the vaccinations she gave her child has made him or her autistic, yet nearly every mother should be talking about this if it were true. No global censorship can fully block these mothers talking about this on social media. Hell, they can barely block Isis recruiters. We should be hearing stories every day about someone's child who has gotten autism, and we should be hearing about close friends and relatives whose children have become autistic due to vaccines.

But we haven't. Not a single fucking one of us. We don't need statistics, science, belief, or even the voucher of Jenny McCarthy trying to stay relevant after her tits started to sag in order to come to the truth. Vaccines do not cause autism. Case closed. Now stop being an idiot and join the real world.

FeverishJackal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Seems that unwatching a thread does not disable like notifications.

I simply do not have the energy for one of my comprehensive rants at the moment, but I will say this: No matter all of the technical details, no matter who said what, no matter what the evidence is; if vaccines caused autism, wouldn't we be hearing from the mothers?

Vaccines are very, very prevalent. Nearly 100% vaccination rates in some countries. If it caused autism, then nearly all children should be autistic. I have never heard of a single case of a mother coming out as declaring the vaccinations she gave her child has made him or her autistic, yet nearly every mother should be talking about this if it were true. No global censorship can fully block these mothers talking about this on social media. Hell, they can barely block Isis recruiters. We should be hearing stories every day about someone's child who has gotten autism, and we should be hearing about close friends and relatives whose children have become autistic due to vaccines.

But we haven't. Not a single fucking one of us. We don't need statistics, science, belief, or even the voucher of Jenny McCarthy trying to stay relevant after her tits started to sag in order to come to the truth. Vaccines do not cause autism. Case closed. Now stop being an idiot and join the real world.
The bIg phARmA is silencing those mothers

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bIg phARmA is silencing those mothers
"The big pharma" cannot silence mothers across the nation. How do you propose they silence mothers, anyway? All you need to do is sign into, say, Facebook, and type "my son got autism because of a vaccine", then click post. "Big pharma" can't do shit to stop millions of mothers from spreading their message across social media.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"The big pharma" cannot silence mothers across the nation. How do you propose they silence mothers, anyway? All you need to do is sign into, say, Facebook, and type "my son got autism because of a vaccine", then click post. "Big pharma" can't do shit to stop millions of mothers from spreading their message across social media.
When I was a child I used to really like riding my bike. One day my bike was stolen and thrown into a tree. When I tracked the thieves down, it turned out to be worse than I thought.
They were Big Pharma and Vaccines! They stole my bike because the act of of riding it was making me healthy without them! Now I have nerve damage!

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was a child I used to really like riding my bike. One day my bike was stolen and thrown into a tree. When I tracked the thieves down, it turned out to be worse than I thought.
They were Big Pharma and Vaccines! They stole my bike because the act of of riding it was making me healthy without them! Now I have nerve damage!
I can't exactly tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me. :blush:

FeverishJackal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the random capitalization would show the sarcasm, guess not

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I totally see your point of view here. However, I don't think that ignoring these arguments is the way forward. Knowledge is developed through intelligent debate. While I agree that some people responding here are repeating subjective opinions or anecdotal experiences, it is their choice to bring this information to the discussion. Failure to respond to it risks being seen as 'backing down' or accepting their position.

My view is that illogical or unsubstantiated arguments should always be challenged. We progress as a society by questioning each other. That is exactly what peer review is for - coming at all findings with a sceptical mindset and attempting to fault others' reasoning. It's only by doing so that we make discoveries, refute out of date information, and posit new theories which drive research. As long as these arguments are somewhat civil and rational I don't see any need to ignore one side or another.

The problem comes where only one side is listening to reason, and the other(s) are simple repeating dogma. That's what we're seeing here. But even if you don't get through to that individual, others will see the reason in what you are saying and the majority will benefit from the reasoned arguments.
He isn't ready to listen. We're going in a circle here. Our arguments have been laid out, and have been returned with what is essentially "Nuh uh!"

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can lay out the same arguments and counterarguments ad nauseum and people who don't want to listen or refuse to listen will still do just that; this is very akin to animal activists who go after videos of foxes and other exotic animals. The same mentality really, and frankly, we can only do our part and hope someday they can listen.

Reactions: Deleted User

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We can lay out the same arguments and counterarguments ad nauseum and people who don't want to listen or refuse to listen will still do just that; this is very akin to animal activists who go after videos of foxes and other exotic animals. The same mentality really, and frankly, we can only do our part and hope someday they can listen.
Sometimes though you just can't get through, especially to those who were raised by terrible parents who told them that they were always right so shut up. And then those people grow up and raise kids the same way. The only way to break the cycle is to take a page out of Hitler's book.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sometimes though you just can't get through, especially to those who were raised by terrible parents who told them that they were always right so shut up. And then those people grow up and raise kids the same way. The only way to break the cycle is to take a page out of Hitler's book.
I don't think you would need to go that far. You would just need to separate all of the anti-vaxxers and move them to their own population with 0% herd immunity. Nature would would do the rest for you.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you would need to go that far. You would just need to separate all of the anti-vaxxers and move them to their own population with 0% herd immunity. Nature would would do the rest for you.
Yes, but then you would need to keep them contained. And there will be some that hide among the pro-vaxxers, so you would need to recruit the youth into an organization responsible for ratting out those that do not comply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted...