Is this okay?

• Total voters

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you imagine if Stargate was just a free add-on for SX OS? We'd be applauding and cheering and saying they were the heroes of the community, the people who play music on the side would be generating a fanfare for the big damn heroes as they strolled in and made the premier piracy service for everyone. If someone said "you still have to buy SX," they'd be laughed out the room.
"It's a premium service, of course it costs money,"
"I'd like to see anyone else do this, of course they are charging,"
"Anyone can afford thirty bucks, don't be such a cheapskate, it's better than buying even one game,"
"SX OS OC pls no steal"

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very convenient im gonna pirate anyways so now I can just do it directly while using a VPN, sounds good to me. I'm sold day one.
$25 a month for this, though? It's a miserable price point. $300 a year is the kind of price point schools charge because they know they can stiff you.

Last edited by Darth Meteos,
Reactions: wurstpistole

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$25 a month for this, though? It's a miserable price point. $300 a year is the kind of price point schools charge because they know they can stiff you.

These sorts of subscriptions are generally priced on two factors: expected willingness and/or expected life-time.

Expected willingness for pirates to pay to pirate is likely low. Expected life-time is also probably low. So needs a very high price for high returns from (a.) limited users, and (b.) limited expected up-time.

And that's how you end up at 25$/month, costing more than many genuine subscription services.

Edit: conflated annual fees (for things like Amazon/PSN/XBL) with monthly, nevermind that. This costs more than nearly all subscription services, some combined.

Last edited by V-Temp,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good points here~
... more than many genuine subscription services, aside from the most expensive like PSN/XBLG/Amazon Free Shipping.
Except those services present a permanent and unique return on investment. You can get all the games with the minimum of effort online already, it's only offering a convenience factor. Paying $300 a year to remove the Micro SD install phase sounds absolutely insane to me.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except those services present a permanent and unique return on investment. You can get all the games with the minimum of effort online already, it's only offering a convenience factor. Paying $300 a year to remove the Micro SD install phase sounds absolutely insane to me.

I am in agreement (also see my edit). I was outlining why this thing costs such an absurd amount. In short: short-term high-gains scam.

Reactions: Darth Meteos

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These sorts of subscriptions are generally priced on two factors: expected willingness and/or expected life-time.

Expected willingness for pirates to pay to pirate is likely low. Expected life-time is also probably low. So needs a very high price for high returns from (a.) limited users, and (b.) limited expected up-time.

And that's how you end up at 25$/month, costing more than many genuine subscription services.

Edit: conflated annual fees (for things like Amazon/PSN/XBL) with monthly, nevermind that. This costs more than nearly all subscription services, some combined.

I wonder who is really going to pay for this when you can simply get the warez free on "dark" websites ;)

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder who is really going to pay for this when you can simply get the warez free on "dark" websites ;)

The more unwitting, not savvy users would be my guess but, oddly, also those with a decent amount of expendable income.

For a lot of people, piracy is done out of a lack of funds or a lifestyle that better begets getting free where free is possible (either kids with some internet/hardware smarts, poor countries, etc). At 25$/month, regardless of offerings, this is priced like a premium service that many likely cannot afford/justify.

A Switch a year to pirate games, on an audience that pirates games that can often barely afford a Switch, is a very perplexing market. And one I'd wager doesn't really exist.

The people who are too lazy / don't want to go to said "dark" sites. :P

VPNs. GoogleDrives. All sorts of stashes exist if you're this intent to pirate everything.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I've tried the free trial version that's out - now say you have a game/update/dlc installed on emunand, the program doesn't see those and will install ANOTHER update/dlc to your micro sd card. So it's ok if not using emunand, so a bit buggy yet. Probably for those wanting to pay for this - TX can fix the bugs first. However - it does save time from searching for dlc/updates manually - but I still wouldn't pay for it.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if this app will ever see daylight..
an awesome website plenty of promises and only a trial with no full-edition resellers..
I can only see it as a brilliant way to boost sx sales for now...

Last edited by toxic9,

mowsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the goods from a private stash so this means nothing to me.

I like to think of Switch piracy like the Fermi Paradox. There are layers of filters one must go through in order to achieve the playing of the free games. Some filters:

- are they cheap enough to not buy games?
- are they smart enough to find out where to find a method of hacking/guide?
- are they smart enough to follow directions?
- do they know where to acquire a usb c cable
- do they know how to use an sd card
- etc

This service being proposed is ridiculous because one must think about prior filters in the process of switch hacking and piracy achieved. If you're smart enough to find out how to do all of that, you're smart enough to know where to look for games already. You don't need this spoonfeeding service unless you're extremely lazy. It takes a special klnd of stupid person to spend money on SX OS at this point in time, it takes an unicorn to think this service is worth the money.

How does this not get deleted but my comment does for ''flaming' LMFAO sad

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This guy just ignores anything countering his point. Notice how he still keeps saying 300 even though you just fully explained how that wouldn't typically be the case? He's low IQ, no need to elaborate for someone like that.

EDIT: he's now stalking my profile to prove how little he cares. He cares so little that he is harassing me off-site lol. Talk about butthurt.

Last edited by mowsie,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This discussion happens every single time a console gets cracked. Even rampant piracy has never destroyed companies or ravaged the sales of games (See: the NDS,) so why would it change now

And smoking doesn't kill you either, look at all those smokers who are alive.

Even if it gives you cancer, the cancer doesn't kill you. Look at all those cancer patients who are alive.

Until they're not, but everyone dies right?

Game developers have certainly left platforms when there was rampant piracy, not everyone and games that had been in development for a long time would still be released to get a return on their money.

But to pretend piracy doesn't affect things at all is as wrong as saying that every pirated copy is a lost sale.

Last edited by smf,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blah blah blah nothing of importance blah blah

Ya hear that, @V-Temp? I'm bringing you down with our conversation above where I absolutely ignored your points and didn't make an effort to converse fairly or equally. How rude, how rude. I should apologize, my dude!
EDIT: he's now stalking my profile to prove how little he cares. He cares so little that he is harassing me off-site lol. Talk about butthurt.
Full disclosure, everyone, I sent him a jab about his response to me that got deleted on his profile because it was gone from here. I also sent this image.

I_doTinySoldering

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we throw ethics out the window, Nintendo could crush the entire enterprise with a DDoS attack during their launch.

There's no possible way a small upstart could afford to defend itself from that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof