Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, double post due to server/browser malfunction
rolleyes.gif

Thank you gjac1, again. It worked like a charm.
I think I'm not waiting anymore for the WiiKey team for a fix and gonna archive my SSBB original when it arrives. I'm gonna save my laser not playing dual layer DVDs, unless necessary.

Thank you again, thank you so MUCH!

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
coolbho3000 said:
triassic911 said:
Seeing all these failures makes me think it's a bad dump.... Has anyone played the game fine without disc errors?
That would be me.
Cosign.

Used Verbatim DVD+DL burned 2 copies, 2.4x and one 4x. Both no errors. Used Nero, set no layerbreak.

But my NEC burned has a changed bitsetting (did that a couple of years ago, when I still burned NGC games), it burns discs as DVD-ROM, which is more compatible with NGC/Wii.

I think lots of problem come from bad media and shitty burners.

Krumm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm starting to wonder how many ppl actually change the book type to DL-Rom. Because, after reading this thread we see many ppl just trying the first option they see and don't bother investigating the details, then when they have a problem they don´t specify anything and creates a lot of confusion.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krumm said:
I'm starting to wonder how many ppl actually change the book type to DL-Rom. Because, after reading this thread we see many ppl just trying the first option they see and don't bother investigating the details, then when they have a problem they don´t specify anything and creates a lot of confusion.
would be interesting if that was the trick. but dvd-rom bitsetting hasn't been an issue with sl discs

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ziddey said:
Krumm said:
would be interesting if that was the trick. but dvd-rom bitsetting hasn't been an issue with sl discs

Don´t know, my burner is in this mode for ages.
I do know that I never really had any problems with running Wii-NGC isos. SSB Japanese never crashed (He got a copy I burned). My friend unlocked all Characters etc..

And now he is going to start again with SSB USA.

Krumm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that isn't the trick i'm sure, but it is common knowledge that the wii doesn't like +R media, so using -r (except -R DL those don´t work to well) or +R changed to -Rom makes for better compatibility.

In my opinion there will never be 1 solution for all the problems in this game. I believe the problem is the fact that it is in a DL Dvd and the wii just isn´t optimized for DL Dvds, hence the Nintendo "cleaning" the lasers for free, we all know its BS, its just an excuse to calibrate the laser without admitting they planed it wrong.

So, even doing everything right will be conditioned by the laser your wii has, a bit of luck is needed. Heck, even the original game doesn't work right.... comon....

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I burned with no patching and no layer break set onto Verbatim +R at 8x
Works great, videos are smooth and can use Mario's FLUDD with no crashing.
My only gripe is that it only runs in 480i.
If I change my Wii to 480p it runs in 480p at the start and then switches back to 480i in the game.

PAL with Wiikey 1.9g

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Krumm said:
Well that isn't the trick i'm sure, but it is common knowledge that the wii doesn't like +R media, so using -r (except -R DL those don´t work to well) or +R changed to -Rom makes for better compatibility.

In my opinion there will never be 1 solution for all the problems in this game. I believe the problem is the fact that it is in a DL Dvd and the wii just isn´t optimized for DL Dvds, hence the Nintendo "cleaning" the lasers for free, we all know its BS, its just an excuse to calibrate the laser without admitting they planed it wrong.

So, even doing everything right will be conditioned by the laser your wii has, a bit of luck is needed. Heck, even the original game doesn't work right.... comon....

Burned on + media, no problems.
It has more to do with the burner than with the good + or - media imo.
And yeah the state of the laser in the Wii. Can we adjust that like the NGC laser?

spirited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
latest wii patch online on a 1.9g wiikey, burned smash on memorex +R at 2.4x, popped it into my wii and it asked to update so i let it update and the bar zoomed acrossed, wii reset and bam! it works :] just have a few problems with it but i can play it at least

klajess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JPH said:
^^wiirelease-0711^^

We DO NOT host illegal files - please do not ask where to obtain this ISO or give links to places to find this ISO or you will be immediately banned.

This is a Dual Layer release - you need to have a DL read/writer drive and a DL disc. More information on this release to be determined.
see video go here:
gbasp.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMWDn_UCE4o

SomeGuyGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
klajess said:
JPH said:
We DO NOT host illegal files - please do not ask where to obtain this ISO or give links to places to find this ISO or you will be immediately banned.

This is a Dual Layer release - you need to have a DL read/writer drive and a DL disc. More information on this release to be determined.
see video go here:
gbasp.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMWDn_UCE4o

rofl2.gif
Hilarious narration.

mantorras

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So guys, my PAL console runs the game perfectly fine, i can only enter in 60Hz mode if deflickering is off, otherwise i have to enter in 50Hz mode, and that's all fine in my book, i can even turn on deflicker after entering in 60Hz mode.

HOWEVER

Damn classic games do not start.
Is this a known issue?

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I got MediaRange DVD+R DL 8,5GB discs.

Can anyone tell me what application I should burn the ISO with and other details I should adjust?

Thanks!

mr_ding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Console: NTSC Wii
Modchip: Wiikey 1.9g
Media: Memorex Dual-Layer DVD+R
Burning Software: IMGBurn (Image->Disc)
Burning speed: 1x, WITHOUT using any layer-break number

Result:
Pop disc into Wii console, it performs a Wii update, then the game plays fine.

spinteews

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've never burned a dual layer disc before. I picked up some memorx dl disc made from ritak? anyways, they are +R's. So i'm using img burn, I have a ntsc wii with wiikey 1.9g and wii updated to 3.2U.

Is there any specific setting I need to put in img burn to burn the file? I put the dl disc in and it reads it fine, then i hit burn image... and get the following error code...

"Optimum power calibration failed - reason power calibration are error"

When i hit continue again it gave me...

failed to set L0 data zone capacity

any help please.

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright