Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not up to date on how emuNANDs work, I assume it uses files from an external device and does read/write to it.
Based on how everything works, I'd say emuNAND has an IOSU exploit minimum, not only to access external devices, but also because otherwise I'm not sure how possible it would be to hook all processes up to it.
We'd need to do a lot more research to make it happen regardless.

So, the way it'd probably work is you plug in a big enough hard drive to put the NAND and eMMC data on, "reboot" everything clean which you should be able to do with an IOSU exploit, then redirect all calls to storage to the hard drive.
If they try to ban you, I'm not sure how exactly it works but it seems it's tied to your NNID and stored on the console, same as all other NNID data.

I'm also not sure how exactly the storage key stuff works so I'm not going to go in detail on that because I'm probably wrong.

Here's a little bit of info on the first stage of gateway's payload & take a look at their code http://yifan.lu/2015/01/10/reversing-gateway-ultra-first-stage-part-1/

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not up to date on how emuNANDs work, I assume it uses files from an external device and does read/write to it.
Based on how everything works, I'd say emuNAND has an IOSU exploit minimum, not only to access external devices, but also because otherwise I'm not sure how possible it would be to hook all processes up to it.
We'd need to do a lot more research to make it happen regardless.

So, the way it'd probably work is you plug in a big enough hard drive to put the NAND and eMMC data on, "reboot" everything clean which you should be able to do with an IOSU exploit, then redirect all calls to storage to the hard drive.
If they try to ban you, I'm not sure how exactly it works but it seems it's tied to your NNID and stored on the console, same as all other NNID data.

I'm also not sure how exactly the storage key stuff works so I'm not going to go in detail on that because I'm probably wrong.

(redNAND/vNAND) -> Change NAND Read Sector to SDMC Read Sector.

Reactions: NWPlayer123

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did this already get mentioned? Maybe I was using the non latest nuspy.py. Now to take another crack at the ancast image.

subprocess.call(['CDecrypt.exe', 'tmd', 'cetk', '../../../ckey.bin'])

to this.

subprocess.call(['../../../CDecrypt.exe', 'tmd', 'cetk', '../../../ckey.bin'])

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this already get mentioned? Maybe I was using the non latest nuspy.py. Now to take another crack at the ancast image.

to this.

You're supposed to add the folder with NUSD/CDecrypt to the path so that should be unnecessary.

Reactions: keine

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the -iv for the ancast image? What is the difference between fw.img and kernel.img?
I've tried the magic bytes and the sha1 for the iv.

Initial Value, should be easy enough to understand with a Google Search (not saying you're not doing your homework). fw.img requires the Starbuck Ancast Key (which we don't have) and kernel.img requires the Espresso Ancast Key (which we do). Just decrypt the entire binary with the key and an IV of 0, should work fine.

Also, I got bored and did a thing. It isn't finished yet but it at the very least reads files correctly. Now to get saving working. It even has a GUI :P
PyMSBT v0.1 Source Code
PyMSBT v0.1 32-Bit EXE

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see ASCII! It worked! Thanks for the pointer.
openssl still throws a bad decrypt at me.....but it appears to have at least partially worked.

what is the error?

Initial Value, should be easy enough to understand with a Google Search (not saying you're not doing your homework).
fw.img requires the Starbuck Ancast Key (which we don't have) and kernel.img requires the Espresso Ancast Key (which we do). Just decrypt the entire binary with the key and an IV of 0, should work fine.

Also, I got bored and did a thing. It isn't finished yet but it at the very least reads files correctly. Now to get saving working. It even has a GUI :P
PyMSBT v0.1 Source Code
PyMSBT v0.1 32-Bit EXE

Do you mean initialization vector?

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country

to this.

It requires the ckey.bin and CDecrypt to be at the root of your NUS download since I wrote it to start from there. It doesn't assume any of the directories are present and will overwrite directories if they are there.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
openssl enc -d -aes-128-cbc -in kernel.img -out kernel_dec.img -K ancast_wii_u_espresso -iv 0
bad decrypt
2675996:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt:evp_enc.c:544:

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
i keep seeing this kernel.img mention everywhere, and i have no idea how that concept exists, since when i run wii u nus downloader, the parts don't have a specific name lol

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Onion_Knight, nice idea, but it'd be easier to specify CDecrypt and common key as variables on the program instead of hardcoding them. and thanks for the help :)

I'm almost done implementing the whole program in python which will remove the Cdecrypt requirement and just add it as a flag option at the command line.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out