Homebrew Wii U Linux

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, 4 new pages here? (although one page is PSX off topic stuff haha).

@Billy Acuña: Thanks for those amazing screenshots. I'm so hyped for this project! :)

lol I had to do a browser exploit and reinstall Haxchi, I don't know what I did but it didn't like me editing Haxchi's pathways
Changing the sd:/haxchi/config.txt does nothing.
For this to be patched in your actual Haxchi game you first need to re-run the installer, just as you did.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
ok so i've successfully installed both xorg and lightdm i think since i could connect with my phone, but not ldxe since i had to go
now when linux is booting it shows for a brief second the login page and after that just a line in the top left like computers and it's stuck there
anybody?
i think i'll just write a clean image again and install everything in one session, i guess it kinda made something to corrupt, highly suspicious though

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
And on the flashing line you're not able to enter any commands like startx?
not at all but now it gave a different results.. same flashing line, pressed a key on the keyboard like always and it gave me some lines. i'll capture it just a sec

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

0__05aafbbe095025.jpg

my b wrong image.. wait a sec
edit: now it's fine

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not at all but now it gave a different results.. same flashing line, pressed a key on the keyboard like always and it gave me some lines. i'll capture it just a sec

0__05aafbbe095025.jpg

my b wrong image.. wait a sec
edit: now it's fine
Mmh that looks like the GamePad output although it's your TV/monitor obviously.
Maybe @CompuCat can help you.

Tbh I'd try starting over again. That involves getting fw.img, kernel und rootfs image set up again from the beginning.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Mmh that looks like the GamePad output although it's your TV/monitor obviously.
Maybe @CompuCat can help you.

Tbh I'd try starting over again. That involves getting fw.img, kernel und rootfs image set up again from the beginning.
yeah that's what i thought to do at first but i think i'll still wait for an answer. it's not that long but tbh i'm more interested to slove this issue without literally starting all over again, for experience & knowledge and also it might happen even after installing gui stuff again

Loller06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, actually i was successfull to get a lubuntu ppc img, only thing now is that it doesnt boot with the current boot.cfg, but when i use the custom one, it doesnt boot and hangs on (with usb plugged!). please help me!

[loader]
default=lubuntu

[profile:lubuntu]
name=Lubuntu SID
kernel=sdmc:/linux/dtbImage.wiiu
cmdline=root=/boot/initrd.img rootwait

CompuCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LasPingas, @lordelan: ignore the spinlock recursion message, that's a known bug. It's harmless, just prints out a stack trace on the screen. Linux is still working. EDIT: I might ask you for some debug logs later, we're trying to gather info to solve the bug...

@kfrfansub: I can probably get a quick capture once I've got access to my Wii U again. I'm quite busy nowadays, though, so it might be a bit.

EDIT 2: for clarity, the GamePad shows output from linux-loader before Linux is booted. As soon as Linux boots, the TV will show output from Linux instead.

Last edited by CompuCat,

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
@LasPingas, @lordelan: ignore the spinlock recursion message, that's a known bug. It's harmless, just prints out a stack trace on the screen. Linux is still working. EDIT: I might ask you for some debug logs later, we're trying to gather info to solve the bug...

@kfrfansub: I can probably get a quick capture once I've got access to my Wii U again. I'm quite busy nowadays, though, so it might be a bit.

EDIT 2: for clarity, the GamePad shows output from linux-loader before Linux is booted. As soon as Linux boots, the TV will show output from Linux instead.
Well it doesn't let me do anything, I try to click a letter on the keyboard and nothing happens. It only responds when I press shutdown on the console

CompuCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, that's quite odd. Can you take a video of what happens when you get the bug? When it happens, proceed as if none of the bug lines ever occurred (i.e. if it happens in the middle of a line, keep typing the rest of your command and hit Enter like nothing ever happened).

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
hmmm, that's quite odd. Can you take a video of what happens when you get the bug? When it happens, proceed as if none of the bug lines ever occurred (i.e. if it happens in the middle of a line, keep typing the rest of your command and hit Enter like nothing ever happened).
I'll try tomorrow morning (10pm here) with my low quality phone back cam I hope it'll be fine

Loller06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually, i want to share with everyone the .img files for flashing it on usb. They are lubuntu and gentoo for ppc, so compatible with wiiu linux! i have tested them, they doesnt want to start, idk why, but if anyone wants to solve the issues i would really like to know what my mistakes were: gentoo: https://mega.nz/#!5tVxxLSL; lubuntu: https://mega.nz/#!ZxkTBarA

Last edited by Loller06,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo