Hacking Wii U NOOB PARADISE - Ask & Answer questions here.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question can i update a eur game on a usa wii u the official way or do i have to use WUP installer?

D

Deleted User

I have a question can i update a eur game on a usa wii u the official way or do i have to use WUP installer?
If you have DNS enabled, then updates will not install [I think because eShop can't download update from Nintendo servers?]
Use Wii U USB Helper to grab updates and install them with WUP Installer Y mod. [It will be faster tho.]

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to delete an account without knowing the password or the email adress?

Someone registered a mii on my wii u and I am unable to delete it now since I don't own the email adress..

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I asked this in another thread but no answer so might try here

Having recently hacked my two old 3ds(well a 2ds and a o3ds xl) I'm thinking about hacking my Wii u, have been reading the guide and these forums.

I have 3 Wii u digital Wii u games and 4 Wii "VC" games, do any of the hacking methods risk losing your games/saves or the nnid/eshop access to be able redownload them legitimately?

kolosus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob paradise? Ask away? I'm so glad I found this thread.

As you can see from my profile, I've been a member here for quite a while. But I'm new to the Wii U scene. Please help me figure/plan out what I need to do.

I have brazilian method working on my Wii U. While playing online is nice it is not 100% required by me. My objective. Have some Wii U games on usb. Some gamecube and wii games too. A few virtual console games, preferably with wii u pro controller. And future proof this. Currently I launch my loadiine from the website, I thought about self hosting but someone told me that I dont need to do that anymore. Hackix or something. That's fine and dandy for someone who has been in the scene for months or longer and has been following the scene. I'm overwhelmed with information. What do I need to do? What is out dated? Someone please hold this noob's hand and show him the way to walk the path. What method after what method and where are these threads? Thanks.

invch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Follow this guides https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

If you want to install haxchi and CBHC, you need to BUY, I repeat, BUY A LEGIT GAME from the eshop like "BrainAge training" AND PUT IT IN THE INTERNAL MEMORY, NOT USB, run Haxchi installer and inject said legit eshop game (I can stress this enough, it must be LEGIT), otherwise you will brick like this guy: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-possible-brick-help.460197

AND DON'T EVER MOVE THE HAXCHI TITLE TO THE USB DRIVE, YOU WILL BRICK.

Temperature

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,
before I start hacking my Wii U, I wanted to get sure, if I get this procedure straight.

I want to be able to play Wii U games and Wii games from usb.
So this are the steps, how I think it should be done:

1. Haxchi
2. CBHC
3. vWii Hack
4. (Optional) Nintendont
5. Done?

After that, am I able to install the games on different usb drives (1 for the Wii U and 1 for the vWii)?
And if so, how big does my sd card has to be? I have a 32gb Wii U.
And can I use a micro sd card with an adapter or does it have to be a sd card?

Or did I miss something?

Last edited by Temperature,

Svejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I have started to experience freezing almost every time I use CBHC where as never had with a previous version, is it possible the latest CBHC is doing this? I cant understand what has happened otherwise.

Sometimes it will freeze on CBHC Menu, other times I can get 15 minutes into a game. It seems to happen "quicker" if i leave the game idle and dont touch anything, almost like a sleep is freezing the whole thing (I do have USB sleep disabled BTW) and use a resolution of 720p, can a higher res help!? Or is it just screwed..

Just noticed an error log in the System settings. Lots of 170-0001.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited by LuigiXL,
D

Deleted User

I have started to experience freezing almost every time I use CBHC where as never had with a previous version, is it possible the latest CBHC is doing this? I cant understand what has happened otherwise.

Sometimes it will freeze on CBHC Menu, other times I can get 15 minutes into a game. It seems to happen "quicker" if i leave the game idle and dont touch anything, almost like a sleep is freezing the whole thing (I do have USB sleep disabled BTW) and use a resolution of 720p, can a higher res help!? Or is it just screwed..

Just noticed an error log in the System settings. Lots of 170-0001.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Disable Standby.
It might happen due to NAND not having enough memory [Clear up space and have 3GB minimum left]
Try to boot into Mocha CFW to see if that problem still persists, if it does then CBHC Installation screwed up it's CBHC CFW.

Reactions: LuigiXL

Svejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got a random question. I now have the legit Brain Games VC bought and have everything blocked and disabled from internet and was ready to proceed with going USB. On a side note, I have a regular Wii that's hacked with everything running off of a 400GB USB drive. Question is, can I literally just use that USB drive and apply all the Wii U stuff on it WITHOUT removing all what's on there now for the regular Wii? Not that I want to switch the USB Drive back and forth necessarily, but I want to eventually migrate all what I have o the Wii over to the Wii U. (Granted there is enough space) Or in other words, if I add the WiiU exploits to the USB drive, would all the other regular Wii stuff on there interfere with the Wii U? I hope this makes sense. Thanks again in advance and thank goodness for this noob thread! =)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got a random question. I now have the legit Brain Games VC bought and have everything blocked and disabled from internet and was ready to proceed with going USB. On a side note, I have a regular Wii that's hacked with everything running off of a 400GB USB drive. Question is, can I literally just use that USB drive and apply all the Wii U stuff on it WITHOUT removing all what's on there now for the regular Wii? Not that I want to switch the USB Drive back and forth necessarily, but I want to eventually migrate all what I have o the Wii over to the Wii U. (Granted there is enough space) Or in other words, if I add the WiiU exploits to the USB drive, would all the other regular Wii stuff on there interfere with the Wii U? I hope this makes sense. Thanks again in advance and thank goodness for this noob thread! =)

Nope. Wii uses Fat32 and Wii U uses a proprietary format that it forces you to use for Wii U USB games.

You have to use two drives. Unless you want to go oldschool and use loadiine. With mocha it supports Fat32 USB but you won't be able to play any of your games online.

In other words, just get two separate drives. You can have them both plugged in at the same time if they both have enough power. You will get a nag to format the Wii HD on every boot though unless you get rid of the nag with windows program. There's a thread on here for that.

Svejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Wii uses Fat32 and Wii U uses a proprietary format that it forces you to use for Wii U USB games.

You have to use two drives. Unless you want to go oldschool and use loadiine. With mocha it supports Fat32 USB but you won't be able to play any of your games online.

In other words, just get two separate drives. You can have them both plugged in at the same time if they both have enough power. You will get a nag to format the Wii HD on every boot though unless you get rid of the nag with windows program. There's a thread on here for that.
Ok, I think I understand. So if I have a separate USB solely for WiiU games, I can still plug in my original Wii USB as well and play VC and Wii games off of it?? (Granted I don't format it when prompted of course) Would you know if the vWii on the Wii U will automatically read the FAT32 setup that's currently configured for the Wii? I upload a screen shot below of what the drive looks like... if that helps in any way.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2hzqo3l.jpg

If it does need to be reconfigured, is there a link to set up my Wii dumps to work with the Wii U vWii? Also, most importantly, if I can transfer my Wii save data along with it. I really appreciate the reply as it is helping me a great deal! =)

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad this thread is here! I am in the midst of trying to migrate to USB. I currently am at 5.5.1 and solely using Loadiine GX2. I do NOT have a legit DS game bought from the eShop, but I wasn't planning on using the Coldboot Haxchi. Does the video from Skullator below be ok to execute/proceed with if I do not have the legit eShop game bought?

Not had a look at that video yet so can't answer, however look at the tutorial linked to in the reply a couple above yours, read through it and it says what to do if you don't have a DS game.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the RPM speed of the drive you use affect gameplay? I am wondering if a 5400rpm vs 7200rpm makes any noticeable difference on the Wii U game performance?

Svejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not had a look at that video yet so can't answer, however look at the tutorial linked to in the reply a couple above yours, read through it and it says what to do if you don't have a DS game.
I got the DS game through eShop this morning just in case, so I'm good there now. Thanks for the reply!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the RPM speed of the drive you use affect gameplay? I am wondering if a 5400rpm vs 7200rpm makes any noticeable difference on the Wii U game performance?
I would think so. Don't know for sure though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, I think I understand. So if I have a separate USB solely for WiiU games, I can still plug in my original Wii USB as well and play VC and Wii games off of it?? (Granted I don't format it when prompted of course) Would you know if the vWii on the Wii U will automatically read the FAT32 setup that's currently configured for the Wii? I upload a screen shot below of what the drive looks like... if that helps in any way.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2hzqo3l.jpg

If it does need to be reconfigured, is there a link to set up my Wii dumps to work with the Wii U vWii? Also, most importantly, if I can transfer my Wii save data along with it. I really appreciate the reply as it is helping me a great deal! =)
I was able to simply move my old fat32 drive from my wii over to vWii without any modifications. You'll be fine

Svejk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think so. Don't know for sure though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was able to simply move my old fat32 drive from my wii over to vWii without any modifications. You'll be fine
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Thank you so much for your prompt replies! I hope this goes as smooth as I hope. lol!

D

Deleted User

Probably. Although it still shouldn't freeze in sysmenu unless it's a HDD issue with loading speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since