Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Splatoon fails to install the update that comes with it every single time, I tried to wupinstall the latest update but it failed and I don't know if something to do with that is making the update that is in Splatoon fail? I went through with ftpiiu everywhere and deleted the game folder, checked for an update folder and any tiks that were related to it but is there anywhere else internally any info is stored that I need to delete to make a fresh install?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happened when you tried to lauch it normally? I used to use wup installer for updates, but not anymore. you might check the import folder. there's a folder named import iirc that houses new installs before they're transferred to their normal location.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's located here:

Code:
mlc_01/usr/import/00050000/title id

replace mlc_01 with usb_01 if using usb.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
The second I launch it after a fresh install I get the downloading update to system memory screen, then when it installs it fails at the end. I'm offline so it has to be an update that comes with Splatoon not the latest one, have tried being online but I guess it does this one first

And thanks I'll check that out

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
replace 00050000 with either 0005000c or 0005000e (can't recall which is updates, but one of those two). the 00050000 is for games themselves.

I just checked my wii u tutorials on psx place (I'm pinky on there. ;)) it's 0005000e for updates.

edit: 0005000c is for dlc.

btw, if it's a ticket problem, if should fail immediately at installing. it needs the ticket to decrypt the content. updates have separate tickets btw, and are usually in a different ticket bucket. you can find it if you use that prefix (0005000e). look at the title key site to find the title id which comes after that prefix folder. it's best to use tik2sd to find the ticket. the title id is in the tickets, but they're at different offsets depending on if it's retail or digital where both are lumped together in the ticket buckets.

Last edited by godreborn,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yep I've dumped my tickets and got rid of all the ones that matched the title ID, gonna try the import folder now

Hmm all my import folders are empty

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

robco7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
try cleaning the sd card reader with some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip.
They both seem to work fine, I have the various programs like Homebrew channel on both of them and they play with no problems. Can they still need to be cleaned when they both seem to work fine?

johnrambo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MESSAGE TO ALL:
Give me the idiot, the uninformed, the paranoid but I would need an answer to these questions being about to change my wiiu:
A. What custom firmware I will have; B. The games will I be able to download them and install alone with wup installer or with what? C. I will have to block my router and / or my WiiU for future updates, but will I be able to play online with Xenoblade Chronicles X? Q) Will I be able to play with my old Wii games (also moddata) that are currently on an external HDD?
Pros and cons of the mod wii u?

silversyams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi..
Is there a way to redump/convert installed game back into wup..?
Or..i must download it again (with usb helper)..
Thanks..

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when I install games WUP installer stops and there is a long "beep". I have to manual restart the WiiU when it happens. Whats the problem? It doesnt happen all the time.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Still can't get Splatoon to work... game installs fine, when launching downloads the update and fails at the end of installing it, I've dumped and deleted all the tiks that have anything to do with it, idk what else to do

kikendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I hope you can shed some light into my issue.
I've modified my Wii U with Haxchi and CBCH and everything has been working fine so far, however, recently, a lot of games I have been trying to install with WUP Installer mod Y, have gotten stuck in the process of getting installed on the USB.

The progress bar moves happily until it randomly crashes at some point or other, when I have to force shutdown my machine, and going to Data Manager, my Wii U says there's some useless data and if I want to delete it (to which I say YES).

I tried many times and sometimes the games install through after some tries, but some larger games are becoming a problem, and I wonder what could be happening.
I install everything to USB, I don't want to mess with the NAND. I imagine if this happened while writing to NAND I'd have a nicely bricked console! O_O

Any ideas?
[edit] I also tried with the GX2 version of WUP Installer, same deal, random hangs.

Last edited by kikendo,

internetdweller3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I hope you can shed some light into my issue.
I've modified my Wii U with Haxchi and CBCH and everything has been working fine so far, however, recently, a lot of games I have been trying to install with WUP Installer mod Y, have gotten stuck in the process of getting installed on the USB.

The progress bar moves happily until it randomly crashes at some point or other, when I have to force shutdown my machine, and going to Data Manager, my Wii U says there's some useless data and if I want to delete it (to which I say YES).

I tried many times and sometimes the games install through after some tries, but some larger games are becoming a problem, and I wonder what could be happening.
I install everything to USB, I don't want to mess with the NAND. I imagine if this happened while writing to NAND I'd have a nicely bricked console! O_O

Any ideas?
[edit] I also tried with the GX2 version of WUP Installer, same deal, random hangs.
maybe you have a bad file?

kikendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you specify which usb drive do you have?
I have a 128GB PNY USB stick.
maybe you have a bad file?
You know, I don't think so, but I am starting to think that maybe the USB got corrupted. I am having a hard time even installing updates, and now,I took another stick, installed stuff on it, and now was copying data through the Wii U in-built data management, and it got stuck on a file mid way.

It'll be a pain in the ass to redo that stick :/ but if I have no choice...
Is there a way to copy the game saves from there to the NAND and then be able to restore them?

[edit] well that wasn't failing when copying from one stick to the other, it was just taking forever.
Maybe it's WUP Installer that doesn't like that particular USB stick? It seems to be working fine with the other (which is 8GB so it's not very useful)

Last edited by kikendo,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install from another USB port to the hard drive with any other method or you can only use an SD card?
Although you can install from your second Wii U formatted hard drive to your first Wii U formatted hard drive (both formatted and encrypted to your system) using wupserver, we don't have an easy way to get the installation files onto the second drive to begin with, and none of the other homebrew tools support using the second drive directly.

porygon3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Although you can install from your second Wii U formatted hard drive to your first Wii U formatted hard drive (both formatted and encrypted to your system) using wupserver, we don't have an easy way to get the installation files onto the second drive to begin with, and none of the other homebrew tools support using the second drive directly.
OK, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...