Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No, it'd be stupid anyways. DeSmuME is a bad emulator from the start, and emulating the DS on the 3DS is a bad idea too.
Let me correct you. DeSmuMe is the best Emulator for Nintendo DS out there. Sure the Nintendo 3DS is underpowered, so it can't run a DeSmuMe port. Also, I am least concerned about this after hearing the end of development. Besides, TWLoader and nds-bootstrap are already doing pretty good. They achieved running NDS ROMs on TWL_FIRM and that's big.

Reactions: Giodude

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me correct you. DeSmuMe is the best Emulator for Nintendo DS out there. Sure the Nintendo 3DS is underpowered, so it can't run a DeSmuMe port. Also, I am least concerned about this after hearing the end of development. Besides, TWLoader and nds-bootstrap are already doing pretty good. They achieved running NDS ROMs on TWL_FIRM and that's big.
actually melonDS is going to be the best ds emu once it's finished.

Last edited by adrifcastr,
Reactions: Magical Sheep
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No. DeSmuME is a very bad emulator, inaccurate on many points, and with a lead developper who prefers putting hacky patches rather than correctly emulating the system. In less than a year, melonDS managed to get more accurate than DeSmuME on a lot of points.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
No. DeSmuME is a very bad emulator, inaccurate on many points, and with a lead developper who prefers putting hacky patches rather than correctly emulating the system. In less than a year, melonDS managed to get more accurate than DeSmuME on a lot of points.
A slight explanation: The lead dev, zeromus, is actively against attempting to fix the emulator for the Pokemon games (because he hates the amount of complainers that spring up from the games not working and blocking any attempts for that... works? no it doesnt hes stupid) and actively sabotages any attempt at implementing multiplayer functionality (I think he even set back melonDS or whatever its called on it's own work back when the dev was still part of the DeSMuME mod team).

Reactions: Gaming796

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I place game.nds?
In the SD card root.

Also:
This emulator doesn't really work well, and runs games very slowly, so I don't really recommend this.
Please use TWLoader instead, as it runs DS games on the SD card natively in NTR/TWL mode through nds-bootstrap, and support for more games are being added. Games on flashcard can also be ran, for higher compatibility.

Reactions: Birdon and Giodude
D

Deleted User

I have placed the game in the sd's root, but desmume is prompting: No such file or directory
(I'm using the desmume's cia)

Last edited by ,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have place the game in the root of the sd, but desmume says: No such file or directory
(I am using the cia version of desmume)

In the SD card root.

Also:
This emulator doesn't really work well, and runs games very slowly, so I don't really recommend this.
Please use TWLoader instead, as it runs DS games on the SD card natively in NTR/TWL mode through nds-bootstrap, and support for more games are being added. Games on flashcard can also be ran, for higher compatibility.

D

Deleted User

I want to play dqmj, that isn't supported by twloader, so, I have to use desmume, I have placed the game in the sd card root, but desmuse doesn't recognize it...

Last edited by ,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want play dqmj, that isn't supported by twloader, so I have to use desmume, I have place the game in the sd card root, but desmuse doesn't recognize it...
3DeSmuME may not work depending on you firmware, iirc. Make sure it's named "game.nds".
If that doesn't work, wait for TWLoader to support it.

DaveyL2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the SD card root.

Also:
I placed the sd card root and it still said not found..?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I placed the sd card root and it still said not found..?
See if this helps
I
I
V
3DeSmuME may not work depending on you firmware, iirc. Make sure it's named "game.nds".
If that doesn't work, wait for TWLoader to support it.
Also, dont use this. Use twloader. You will be disappointed.

Last edited by Giodude,

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, you read that right.
I have been working quite a bit on porting Desmume to the 3DS. As it stands, it:
Runs at a decent fps on N3DS and doesn't run on O3DS
Uses the SVN DeSmuME emulation core, ported to 3ds by @MasterFeizz

Here is a video thanks to @Sasori :

Old videos:

BTW, please no spamming. Lets actually try to keep the discussion on topic, shall we? Thanks :P.

GitHub Repositories: https://github.com/shutterbug2000/DeSmume (my fork)
https://github.com/masterfeizz/DeSmuME (MasterFeizz's repo)
https://github.com/Robz8/DeSmuME (Robz8's fork)

why would you even need a dynarec when it's original ds hard ware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021