Homebrew [WIP] pokeCalcNTR - IV and Nature Overlay Plugin For Sun and Moon

BLCKBLuR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For release 0.1.0 that's correct. Not for next release though.

Alright, so when the next release comes out, I read you are adding an ON-OFF switch. I am guessing that's what you meant? XD

Also, Random request, Could you add an opacity meter? Is it possible? Some stuff I need to read is covered by the overlay and I can't see it. At random points in the game, there is text on the top left of the screen.

GREAT Job by the way! REALLY awesome overlay ;] and I don't feel like I am cheating by doing this xD

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is cool, I look forward to testing it out and trying to chain a 5IV or 6IV ditto with it.
That's dependant on figuring out how to check the IVs of two opposing Pokémon at once though isn't it?

Just an idea, can the ZL and ZR buttons be used in any way? The Pokémon games don't use them, so you could use them for things like cycling outputs or toggling visibility.

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so when the next release comes out, I read you are adding an ON-OFF switch. I am guessing that's what you meant? XD

Also, Random request, Could you add an opacity meter? Is it possible? Some stuff I need to read is covered by the overlay and I can't see it. At random points in the game, there is text on the top left of the screen.

GREAT Job by the way! REALLY awesome overlay ;] and I don't feel like I am cheating by doing this xD

The on/off switch will take any use of an opacity meter away, but thank you for the suggestion, as well as the compliment!

This is cool, I look forward to testing it out and trying to chain a 5IV or 6IV ditto with it.
That's dependant on figuring out how to check the IVs of two opposing Pokémon at once though isn't it?

Just an idea, can the ZL and ZR buttons be used in any way? The Pokémon games don't use them, so you could use them for things like cycling outputs or toggling visibility.

We want to keep this plugin o3ds friendly if possible now that o3ds can use it too.

As for your suggestions, we've already got those covered. :)

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It should work, yeah. The plugin is small enough for o3ds ntr with mode 3.

The next update is going to be huge. We've been preparing all day. Keep a watch out!
Do you already have some sort of ETA? Or is it still too early to say?
On a more technical note: is this plugin 100% safe in terms of save data? I always have one version that I try to keep completely clean/legit, to the point of not even playing it in my CFW 3DS (in this case, Sun), and one I hack to death (Moon). But this plugin is so useful and so supposedly innocuous that I was considering an exception. But I'd have to know that it would make 0 changes to my save data.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
On a more technical note: is this plugin 100% safe in terms of save data? I always have one version that I try to keep completely clean/legit, to the point of not even playing it in my CFW 3DS (in this case, Sun), and one I hack to death (Moon). But this plugin is so useful and so supposedly innocuous that I was considering an exception. But I'd have to know that it would make 0 changes to my save data.
i did not understand, this plugin can "corrupt" save data?

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Supposedly, it doesn't corrupt or leave any trace at all. But I wanted to be sure, since I don't want to risk a Global Link ban because it left some leftover data that went unnoticed.
lol, i was using 4 plugins at the same time XD the clock and battery, FPS, pokecalntr and SUMOHAX all at the same time XD, but i don't save the game, i close or turn off without save

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We don't want to make any promises that can't be kept, but do know that we are close to an update with some pretty great features - as such we're trying to finish everything soon. I keep saying "we" because I invited someone else to help make this as well to speed up development with the limited time I have. I'll be announcing this in the next update.
Your data will be safe - this plugin is meant to not edit any data at all, just read it. This is supposed to be a tool for helping legitimately obtaining Pokemon. :)

I was waiting for someone to make this! Does it support SOS battles yet?

Not yet, but that is definitely a future plan!

Would any effort be needed to find the memory values for an upcoming romhack version of SuMo?

EDIT: clarification
We most likely won't work on this for romhacks, sorry.

Can you add support for XY and ORAS too?
The first post already said 6th gen support is in the works.

Gen 6 is an eventual goal, but we want to focus on Gen 7 for the moment.

Last edited by zaksabeast,
Reactions: lonewolf08

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a similar overlay plugin by dragonfyre173 on reddit that already supports ability, item and nature

We've got that too, and a lot more they don't have coming in the next update.

I thought it was strange that person's "pokeViewNTR" came out really soon after our "pokeCalcNTR" came out with the same initial look and features.

Regardless, we're pushing for the earliest update we can - there's just one more big thing we want to get down.

We've had some other people give us some help on a few things for this. I wish I could give more details, but I don't want to spoil it. haha

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We've got that too, and a lot more they don't have coming in the next update.

I thought it was strange that person's "pokeViewNTR" came out really soon after our "pokeCalcNTR" came out with the same initial look and features.

Regardless, we're pushing for the earliest update we can - there's just one more big thing we want to get down.

We've had some other people give us some help on a few things for this. I wish I could give more details, but I don't want to spoil it. haha

well, I'm not really surprised. I've been asking multiple times if there's a way to display this stuff using gateshark, i'm sure the general idea has been on a lot of peoples minds and the overlay thing just made it possible. wouldn't surprise me if there's a third one in the works somewhere by a user on projectpokemon too

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so i don't know right, probably it's happening only with me but, I CAN'T STAY IN TITLE SCREEN if i stay more than 5 seconds on title screen the game freezes, i think it because im using 4 plugins at the same time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi!