Wood R.P.G/R4 v1.06

laurene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Majroa said:
Meh, it freezes on the loading screen(it won't even boot).

mine also gets stuck on the loading screen. i have an r4 revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS). i used to have a ysmenu so i don't understand why woodr4 doesn't work

talesmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
@laurene & majroa
if you're using R4 clone you should search wood for clone, this one here is for original R4DS
if you're already using original R4DS you should try formatting your TF card

laurene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
talesmeister said:
@laurene & majroa
if you're using R4 clone you should search wood for clone, this one here is for original R4DS
if you're already using original R4DS you should try formatting your TF card

i'm using the original r4ds and have formatted the card already (several times). for some reason wood r4 would not work if i just put the _rpg folder and _ds.menu.dat on the root.

so i tried putting these files along with the old original files (_ds_menu.sys; ttmenu.sys; moonshl; _ds_mshl.nds and _system_)

along with the _rpg folder, _ds.menu.dat and wood r4.nds and now it works!!

matix2267

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Great stuff. One thing that puzzles me: why doesn't it update save's modification time when you start the game? And when you are copying file to a different location I think new file should have same modification time as the original one (like on most computers).
Keep up the good work!

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be waiting wood r4 1.07
happy.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
laurene said:
i'm using the original r4ds and have formatted the card already (several times). for some reason wood r4 would not work if i just put the _rpg folder and _ds.menu.dat on the root.

so i tried putting these files along with the old original files (_ds_menu.sys; ttmenu.sys; moonshl; _ds_mshl.nds and _system_)

Wait...what? No R4 original should ever have ttmenu.sys as the original firmware unless you put ysmenu...otherwise, that means your R4 is a DSTT clone.

laurene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
laurene said:

Wait...what? No R4 original should ever have ttmenu.sys as the original firmware unless you put ysmenu...otherwise, that means your R4 is a DSTT clone.

Oops sorry. what i meant was that i placed the ysmenu files along with the moonshl files with the wood r4 and for some reason it worked. was able to play warioware diy thru wood r4.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
kineticUK said:
logical thinker said:
gaminfo.bin? Are you referring to gamedata.bin?
After setting that, in the first boot, if you don't have a gamedata.bin already, it will create a gamedata.bin based on savelistex.bin. Then, when you set the save type for a new game, it will update both files.
I prefer to keep both files, that way I can easily migrate from Wood to AKAIO or vice versa.
Oops sorry yes I had meant gamedata.bin but was typing that blind. Thanks though thats exactly what I had wanted to know.
QUOTE(Another World @ Apr 28 2010, 07:41 AM) if its only corrupted and not damaged the panasonic formatter will fix it.
No my RPG is fine. And for me panasonic will not detect the NAND anyway only SD cards etc. Thanks though, I should have been more clear but it was firmware files on the NAND that corrupted when I tried switching on the fly into Wood by loading the firmware from akaio. I understood something might fuc* up if I tried. Nothing format didn't fix.
Testdisk and/or linux can help too.

Btw 1.07 is out for a week

Aeolian

Trophies
XP
Country
Im using an R4 with this hardware for it.
I tried putting on a specific cheat for the latest yugioh 2010 game.
Code Junkies says its correct yet it wont activate.
(its a no forbidden / limited cheat)

also i have another usercheat.dat which is the most recent (containing most recent cheats - downloaded from R4i site) but i cant open it with the cheat editor to check.

meaning i cant even USE the cheats on my card.

i need help :/

Aeolian

Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Goto to the cheat code forum on here. Find ElixarDream, give him a link to the cheat and ask him to add it to TempDB. After he updates TempDB, download it and then it will work.
Shouldnt i be able to just add it to usercheat.dat?
cos other cheats have worked that way.. just not this one.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you are using your own, Why don't you give the cheatbase on TempDB ago? you'll probably find most of the cheats you've added are already in there.

If there are cheats missing, post them on the cheat forum. I imagine there are others would benefit from them you would become part of the 'cheat community'

Otherwise just post your problem on there, you'll get a reply from someone who will be able to solve the problem. Or just PM ElixiarDream, there's a link to him at the bottom of my guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2841970

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some one plz explain to me what the difference is from:
Wood R.P.G. v1.06 (--- rpg? does that mean i only can play rpg games?

Wood R4 v1.06 (--- does that mean i can play normal games but no rpg?

plz help thxs in advance

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ringo619 said:

plz help thxs in advance
Wood RPG is for the AceKard RPG
Wood R4 is for the R4

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Ringo619 said:

plz help thxs in advance

OH MY GOD

R.P.G is a card like the R4

1.07 is also the latest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!