Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GexX2 said:
Tanas said:
jph said:
Hands-down, the Xbox 360 has absolutely the worst D-pad on any gaming controller.
The xbox 360 controller can do diagonals unlike the PSP Phats, so how can it be the worst? second worst maybe.
At least the PSP pad you know for sure that when you press up, up is whats going to happen. With the 360 D-pad, you have no idea. It's ok if you like surprises I guess, but personally I like my d-pads to be functional.
I wouldn't call a DPAD that can't do diagonals functional.

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
XBOX 360 if I have to pick one. That one really sucks.

Have to disagree on the PSP having the worst D-pad ever, I use it quite a lot on emulated games (SNES, GEN etc.) and I hardly have any problems with it. Not the best, but definately not the worst.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xbox 360 one blows balls.
And the NGC pad was soo bad that with the game Mortal Combat Deadly Alliance, it wasn't even playable because you could only use the d-pad... not analoge stick :S

DS one kinda bad too actually

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
psp slim is quite poor for fighters and gameboy games,
xbox is terrible for fighters, so much so my poor controller gets a beating from my boyfriend's fist. (analogue sticks are fine though)
gamecube very tiny small d pad is not bad as i have small hands anyway but yeah it can be quite bad as it gives you cramps.
the old gba d pad is bad aswell as it gave me cramps when i played on it.
the graphite gba sp d pad pushes right in and i can't even play killer instinct on it as the d pad is so bad.
the n73 analogue stick is terrible for mobile phones games, seriously.

laminaatplaat said:
And the NGC pad was soo bad that with the game Mortal Combat Deadly Alliance, it wasn't even playable because you could only use the d-pad... not analoge stick :S

NGC pad is ok when i am playing mega collection on the gamecube with it, 3D fighters are another story though, i can't play 3D games with D pad anyway.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GC and GBA had exactly the same Dpad; unless it's just my cheap 3rd party GC pad
unsure.gif

The DS lites Dpad was extemely weak, I know of a few people who went through atleast 3 DS lites from screwed Dpad's due to mario kart
gbasp.gif
whereas DS phats Dpad ussually exceeds the life of the shoulder buttons..

Megadrive D-pad imo is the best... nice and big... perfect for street fight'n!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus I think many of the games expect a keyboard