GeorgeFoulds

BrokenGeode
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys, BrokenGeode here.
I'm kinda new to this site but I thought I'd ask you. What is the worst gaming related buy you ever made?

Mine has to be my first DS flashcart, an R4DSLL. It cost £14, about twice the price of a DSTT which I was planning on getting. Struggled with playing homebrew and it used dead firmware! So glad I don't use it anymore.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any and all strategy guides. Thanks to the internet, you're spending $15 or so bucks for a paperweight
Hey, they look cool.
S'only reason I ever bought them.

Worst thing I ever bought was a non-official xbox360 controller. Dear. God. it was so bad. Even worse than the piece of crap madcatz gamecube controller I bought.
...actually i'd say anything with the Madcatz name on it is the worst.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game.Com

I got it for about £5 at a car boot sale, this was back when I collected anything that played video games. To this day it is still the worst platform I've played on, it came with many games like a horrible port of Duke Nukem 3D, Sonic Jam and RE2.

Reactions: plasma dragon007

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, they look cool.
S'only reason I ever bought them.

Worst thing I ever bought was a non-official xbox360 controller. Dear. God. it was so bad. Even worse than the piece of crap madcatz gamecube controller I bought.
...actually i'd say anything with the Madcatz name on it is the worst.

Yeah, I remember I had like 4 MadCatz PSX controllers. They all broke within a year. My Sony brand PSX controllers are still perfect to this day and I use them for my PS2.

I'd probably say WiiSpeak. What a fucking rip off. You spend like $30 on this thing and it's used in almost no games. I bought it going "voice chat for the Wii? Finally!" Ended up no one bought it so the voice chat was useless. Today it just sits on my shelf.

I've bought a few bad controllers in my time (the aforementioned PSX controllers and a pretty bad PS2 controller) but that's about it. An occasionally mediocre game here and there but nothing serious.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo products, period. They are always just so gimmicky... I find myself rushing out and buying the newest, hottest Nintendo product only to find it sitting at the bottom of a closet somewhere within a month. Maybe if their consoles had any amount of grafix or even a decent catalog of games, they'd have more staying power...

okay, I'm just kidding around. I'd never use blanket statements in an effort to cause a ruckus around here. Especially with all of the Nintendo fanboys around.

In all seriousness though, anything made my Sony. They're money grubbing fools.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo products, period. They are always just so gimmicky... I find myself rushing out and buying the newest, hottest Nintendo product only to find it sitting at the bottom of a closet somewhere within a month. Maybe if their consoles had any amount of grafix or even a decent catalog of games, they'd have more staying power...

okay, I'm just kidding around. I'd never use blanket statements in an effort to cause a ruckus around here. Especially with all of the Nintendo fanboys around.

Was that a blanket statement or should I make on for you?

OT:
Knock off PS2 controller, it had typos all over the package and it stopped working before I even played the second time.
20-in-1 game handheld, I can't believe I ever went near that thing, it had Tetris and some kind of duck hunt thing!
A PS2 game, which showed a cool racing game or something on the cover, which didn't have a game inside, it had a DVD!

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohh one that sticks out in memory was Enter The Matrix on the original Xbox, was quite desperate to play it back in the day due to the hype of the movies and what do you know, everything bearing The Matrix name at that point in time seemed to turn out absolutely fucking shit

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the two Madcatz gamecube controllers I bought from Target, before I knew what a horrible brand they were. When I was going through the subspace emissary on brawl, the controller got stuck, think the joypad was in the down position, and I couldn't do anything. Thankfully, I have some wavebird controllers now.

GeorgeFoulds

BrokenGeode
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Your whole statement about sony reminds me of this image a Racketboy poster had as his Signature:
roflbot.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1