Would you kill your own meat?

Would you/are you capable of raising and butchering your own meat?

• Yes

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no, i'd start with 2 chickens and they'd be too cute and i'd end up with 2000 chickens because i couldn't dare kill even one for meat :sad:
I couldn't eat the chickens (I'm all ready thinking of names for them) but I would eat all the eggs (fresh eggs, yummy!). Yup: hypocritical as fuck, that's me!

Reactions: Chary

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why yes. My childhood basically

Mine also. The chickens I had to feed, the goats, the pigs. Part of my Filipinas culture

And me mothers Irish Hils bringing upins also
Post automatically merged:

I would spank my meat, not kill it tho.

Line stealer. :angry::blush::evil:

Last edited by AncientBoi,
Reactions: linuxares

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you had to raise, slaughter and butcher your own meat (chicken, beef, etc) would you still eat meat?

I don't think I could do it myself, would probably just subsist on eggs and tofu

What do you guys think?
I love animals in general. And I feel more respect for an animal's life than a human's. Kidding you not, the only insects I have the will to kill anytime are roaches, mosquitoes/flies and worms.

So of course I'd be really affraid to kill something bigger even if it's for my survival. So no, short and quick answer is, no. I would not have the guts to kill an animal... with the exception of crustaceans, fishes and invertebrates, which by definition, wouldn't be able to feel pain.

With fish, it's simple, you just put them out of the water and they'll die. Plenty of ways to eat fish, and fortunately, is my favorite kind of meat. Even more than pork.
Crustaceans are cooked in boiling water, although I'd feel a bit guilty at first, with enough practice I'd do it whenever I could. I definitely wouldn't say no to a chance to eat crab/lobster.
Invertebrates, can't feel pain, and a stab in the brain is enough to dispatch them. Although not my favourite kind of meat, I'd try to find the best recipe for those.

Snakes are also something I'd love to try sometime in my life. And even though turtles are among my favourite animals ever, I'm open to try it as long as I don't see them being killed/cut. But I'd cook the meat if It's given to me.

*male chicks get chucked in the meat grinder. Video, many others exist including them sexing them in the first place (easier said than done in some cases)

I recently saw by accident a video of chicks being thrown to a meat grinder. Hope this isn't that video.
I've seen many awful things before, murders, accidents, self-immolation, you name it anything awful you can think of, probably I've seen it, even cannibalism, alive skinning, suicides, quarterings (don't know if that's the correct translation for descuartizado)... but... animals and children being slaughtered are a big no for me.

Shame on you if you've posted that video I saw in Reddit. I do not wish to see how my chicken nuggets are done, I do like them, just don't show me the poor chicks getting grinded alive.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: AncientBoi

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Years ago I went to my uncle's place where they brought a live pig and then had someone kill him, after he was dead, and we cut him in pieces it felt "natural."

I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it.

My father has cattle (sheep) and those are animals I couldn't see myself killing (unless it was for survival). I don't like sheep meat so even less of a reason.

jadehawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raised chicken when I was little. and when time came I had to learn to take care of business. pretty crazy but such is life. glad don't have to do it anymore but if the need arrises.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol