Apple Wouldn't it be Freaking awesome if i could own a new 512gb ipad pro

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I want the iPad because I like the way apple looks and feels I like how I could swipe through the menus and open any app and it still works damn good. but I like how I can get my hands really dirty with Android so yea I'm kinda stuck deciding between the two everyone says get a Chromebook but there is a part of me that still wants to give Apple a chance and i don't know what to do
I guess it kinda depends what you want to do with your new device as well. If all your using is the internet and some basic work through word, PowerPoint, etc. just get a cheap Android tablet or Chromebook. I get that a lot of people like apple's ui, but is it really worth an extra $200 or even more? And if you want to do gaming (actual true gaming through steam and whatnot, not mobile gaming like candy crush or whatever), go get an actual windows laptop. But if you're already willing to drop money on an iPad, I would honestly recommend a Windows laptop.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
That would run you around $1000. At that price point, I'd highly recommend just getting a Surface if you want a laptop/tablet hybrid or just a normal laptop if you're okay with that. Really, an iPad is not at all ideal for schoolwork. Despite their advertising effort, imagine just a bigger iPhone with all the mobile restrictions that brings. You'll eventually miss the utility of a full desktop environment. iOS is just way too limited to ever be of much real use. I'd always recommend going for utility over look. And if you get a Win10 hybrid or touch-screen PC, you'll still have a mobile interface if that's what you want, but also the full power of a desktop. Don't get an iPad Pro. It's nothing close to a Surface or fully-featured PC.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you really want an ipad, save yourself money and don't go for 512gb. you will not need it.

if you really want to spend a thousand dollars, get a really nice laptop instead.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No because apple products are mega lame
images

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
. it would be a great replacement to a Chromebook it really could replace a students work laptop
What?! :rofl:
How could iOS replace a computer operating system?! :rofl:

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now i am far off from the money need to buy it but just thinking about it 512gb THAT IS HUGE who would even need a ipad with that much i would never run out of storage. it would be a great replacement to a Chromebook it really could replace a students work laptop

wouldn't it be a dream to own one of those but i know it isn't impossible because my friend got a 3 grand mac book so it isnt impossible so maybe one day

if anyone know who the hell would need that much storage in a practical use please let me know
It depends what you want to do and what you want to use it for.
I don't know what your studies are about and what you plan to use it for, but for most cases I would say it can be a companion for your chromebook, not a replacement.
Specially if your studies are related to programming, you won't be able to program much there, no idea about a chromebook anyway, I just carry a mbp13 around with me almost always and it does the work.
And talking about storage, I think 256GB is more than enough for such a device, and I wouldn't pay the extra 200€ they ask for 512GB.

But again, it depends on how and what for you want to use it, and also it depends on your budget.
I am quite sure that if you have a limited budget it can be used much better, but if you didn't have budget problems and you like it then it may be great. Specially if you want to take notes and carry something big and lightweight where, well, taking notes is very easy.
Note nonetheless that for it to be really useful you should pair it with a Smart keyboard and a Pencil, so that is some additional 290€.

D

Deleted User

Surface book 3 pro is the same price and beats apple 50 times since it even comes with Office pre-installed and is great for school work.
In Apple, you pay for logo, not hardware. The hardware looks like from 2006 and you're limiting yourself when with surface book you could run any windows application natively.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only dream of apple products if you like proprietary crap and dealing with a company that likes to try to dictate what the users do with their hardware. Not to mention, apple is never on the cutting edge as they claim.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
My reply to this title is - No. Just. No. Hell, that's not even capable of running half a Surface Pro can. I'd very much rather go with a lower-storage SP4/SP2017 and call it a day. At least those can run all the software I want. Well, I do own a Surface Pro 4, but, if I didn't.

D

Deleted-379826

ok its more how it looks
it is really just the looks and i can not make Android look like ios because that is just a lot to do a once
You could make it close enough, heck even better. Don't know why you'd want to though.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Have space, will fill it"
A phrase it seems some of you need to be introduced to.

Also there are plenty of workflows that the onboard processor might be able to handle but the lack of storage makes it tricky.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
ok its more how it looks
it is really just the looks and i can not make Android look like ios because that is just a lot to do a once
Frankly, I find the Surface far more attractive than the iPad.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Frankly, I find the Surface far more attractive than the iPad.
One is a fully featured PC (although it doesn't have a keyboard, touchpad, or a sufficient number of ports out of the box)

The other could be as its competitor but is crippled by its artificially limited and non-replaceable OS

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!