Hacking Official wuphax v1.1 - Hacking vWii from WiiU Mode

Borichko

Trophies
XP
Country
I sent him the file in a PM and he says his Mii channel is back. Sorry, I forgot to post in this thread to let people know he got the file.

Hi there, please i stack with wuphaxBackup.app and i need new one, with original configuration before patch, i see thet you send before (2016) one user a PM with file. Can you help me and send to me... Thx

andylangbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. Noob here and I forgot to unplug my usb drive when I installed. As a result the HBC is installed but wont load. Is there a way I can undo and reinstall correctly..or sort this otherwise?

Sagento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey @chadtheyakuza have you tried downloading all titles for the US NAND IOS files to rebuild a NAND in case of a crash? I attempted that but when I packed the wads using the WUSD 1.9 the sizes appeared to miss-match. I even attempted to install a brand new NAND using stock WADs but I got some funny looking grey screen I so I reverted back to my NAND backup. I noticed that cert.sys does not download with the wads and there's another file called space.sys which is currently inside my current NAND which I did not see either. I also noticed (comparing NANDs, using Beyond Compare) that the current IOS files and the ones from NUSD, some of them are the same size but some aren't. Have you experienced the same? PM me if necessary.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi guys. Noob here and I forgot to unplug my usb drive when I installed. As a result the HBC is installed but wont load. Is there a way I can undo and reinstall correctly..or sort this otherwise?

@andylangbo repeat the process, uninstall the HBC, and install it back up. That should do the trick.

andylangbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey @chadtheyakuza have you tried downloading all titles for the US NAND IOS files to rebuild a NAND in case of a crash? I attempted that but when I packed the wads using the WUSD 1.9 the sizes appeared to miss-match. I even attempted to install a brand new NAND using stock WADs but I got some funny looking grey screen I so I reverted back to my NAND backup. I noticed that cert.sys does not download with the wads and there's another file called space.sys which is currently inside my current NAND which I did not see either. I also noticed (comparing NANDs, using Beyond Compare) that the current IOS files and the ones from NUSD, some of them are the same size but some aren't. Have you experienced the same? PM me if necessary.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@andylangbo repeat the process, uninstall the HBC, and install it back up. That should do the trick.

Thanks for your reply. Have tried that but just getting HBC blue underwater background and nothing else...any other suggestions at all?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need CFW enabled to use Wuphax, right? Since Wuphax initiates IOSUhax as shown in this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/g4l6yn
Just asking because wiiu.guide has you launch CFW before using wuphax but that doesn't make sense. I made an issue about it.

Robertuxo

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant seem to install Homebrew Launcher.

I injected the Hackmii installer, when i go to vWii and go to the Mii Channel a black screen comes up with 3 lines, the last one being "launching booter" after that i get a black screen and nothing else.

I have the boot.elf in the root of my SD and i don't have any HDD plugged in so i dont know what is the problem. I also tried to restore Mii Channel and try again but still get a black screen after "launching booter".

Many thanks in advance!

@FIX94

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever solve this? I've tried multiple SD cards. Everything works perfect up until the HackMii installer should come up. Fat Init, Copying booter, launching booter, then I get a black screen. The Hackmii disclaimer never comes up and I need to pull the power.

I'm having same problem.
What happen, help please help.
Mii Channel get a black screen
I go to use Homebrew Launcher installed on WiiU with Haxchi preinstalled for boot with WiiU (Homebrew Launcher is 2.0) I use wuphax, I go to Mii Channel and I get a black screen.

I think that recover the Mii channel with the backup and use wuphax with homebrew launcher again, but I lose the backup of Mii Channel.

What happen? Why I get black screen when i want install hbc with Mii Channel?

Help please help

Sorry for my bad english, I am not english!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why so many people don't backup and save their mii channel. We see thread after thread about this. People begging for copies of the mii channel

Gougnek

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi,
When executing the hack, I know I executed the backup step for the Mii Channel. But at that time, I forgot to restore it. I kept images of the SD cards of several steps of the hack, so I hope that the backup of the Mii Channel should still be here. But I cannot find any file named "Mii Channel.app" or something similar... In which path and under which names does Wuphax store the Mii Channel backup ?

Cheers.

ChrisEvans1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So this is something I wrote today which may be helpful to people who dont have a required game to hack vwii.

UPDATE: this update is one month after the initial release of v1.0, this is much simpler to do now with v1.1!
Grab the current elf release from the releases tab.
Download the hackmii installer and put only the boot.elf from that zip on your sd card root.
Make sure to unplug any and all usb devices before following any of these steps.
Put the wuphax.elf into your wiiu/apps folder on your sd card and run it in homebrew launcher.
Press A to back up your current mii channel and inject it with wuphax.
After the wiiu restarted, go into wii mode and run mii channel, install homebrew channel from there.
To restore the mii channel just run the elf again and press B this time.

I have tried using the wuphax installer. I can get the HBC to appear on the vWii, but when I launch the HBC I don't get cursor/pointer on the screen! Sure I can use the d-pad to select which app I want to load; but I don't get the cursor in any homebrew app. This is a particular problem for Genplus GX (sega emulator) and wiiFlow.

I've searched youtube for videos of people using the HBC on vWII and nobody seems to be using the cursor (d-pad only). Can I assume that the cursor is broken for HBC on vWii?

Templemann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Needing help with wuphax. So, I used wuphax to install CTGP-R for Mario Kart Wii. I installed it, and everything went smooth. But for some reason, when I use the homebrew launcher from Wii U's Internet browser and press B to restore my Mii channel, it just loads ctgp anyway. I have a wuphaxBackup.app in my SD card. Any help here?

Last edited by Templemann,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! Needing help with wuphax. So, I used wuphax to install CTGP-R for Mario Kart Wii. I installed it, and everything went smooth. But for some reason, when I use the homebrew launcher from Wii U's Internet browser and press B to restore my Mii channel, it just loads ctgp anyway. I have a wuphaxBackup.app in my SD card. Any help here?
Just obtain a Mii Channel wad (from any Wii game's update partition, nusdownloader, etc - it's not incompatible between Wii and Vwii, in fact the original Wii version is superior) and install it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5