Hacking Xbox Dev Mode Piracy question

Andrei1744

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello! I think that I found a way to enable piracy on the Xbox One and the Series S/X. In dev mode we can develop our own apps very easily. So I though of developing an app for dev mode which would load any xbox 360/one game files and play them. If not Xbox One games, then 360 ones, because we already have the roms needed. I don't think that this would be to hard. Maybe I am missing something, because I don't think that I'm the only one who thought of this. Can someone explain to me why this hasn't been done yet?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because it doesn't work that way.
To keep it simple, Dev mode is sandboxed, you'd first have to break out of the sandbox in order to gain system access.
Once you got that, why go for loading it via a sandbox when you have system access?
Wouldn't it make more sense to just find more system exploits to gain easier access?

After all, you've already got access to all the resources needed to load games.

Carltrek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Xbox 360/One games are XVD images rather than UWP and it's not possible to mount XVD game images under dev mode so no. That being said it's still possible to pirate games if it meets such restrictions:
1. The game is a UWP.
2. The game supports x86-64 architecture (32bit x86 applications are not supported).
3. There exists unencrypted appx/appxbundle packages for the game.

Andrei1744

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Xbox 360/One games are XVD images rather than UWP and it's not possible to mount XVD game images under dev mode so no. That being said it's still possible to pirate games if it meets such restrictions:
1. The game is a UWP.
2. The game supports x86-64 architecture (32bit x86 applications are not supported).
3. There exists unencrypted appx/appxbundle packages for the game.
I was trying to say something like a "loader". More or less like an emulator. An UWP app that loads or emulates the XVD images

Carltrek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I was trying to say something like a "loader". More or less like an emulator. An UWP app that loads or emulates the XVD images
No as we don't have keys for XVD images.
Even if so, a UWP-XVD loader is not viable either as resources that a UWP could use is severely limited compared to XVD games, which would make XVD games unbearably slow or just crash.

Andrei1744

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
No as we don't have keys for XVD images.
Even if so, a UWP-XVD loader is not viable either as resources that a UWP could use is severely limited compared to XVD games, which would make XVD games unbearably slow or just crash.
Thanks for explaining this to me. I thought that this would work like retroarch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!