OP
Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
ok i have 1 wierd problem....

i traded my wii into gamestop and got a new 1 used (Lu33)

problem is i have a 1gb micro sd and adapter....
i used it to hack my wii before but im having a wierd problem.... hackmii installer wont come up, i go to wii channals in options and put in my sd card in the wii then click sd and it freezes and i gata hold wii button for 5 seconds to shut off...

i tried on both my wii and my cousins wii
i then formated my sdhc to ntsf and it would not read the sd so i formated it to fat32 and it starts to freeze when i try to launch bootmii.....

his is version 4.1 and mine is 3.1
and then i updated to 4.2 on mine and still freezes at
the same part......

i used to use it alot but it might be my pc maby?? its windows vista where i get the files you sent me.

can you tell me what im doing wrong?

SnacksHacks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiihbcentral.ucoz.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the latest version of the HackMii installer? It won't work on 4.2 if you don't have HackMii installer 0.5 or 0.6. Try it then and it might work. If it still doesn't work, don't use an SDHC card, those aren't for Wiis. Still doesn't work, try a normal old Sandisk SD card, 2GB is fine size.

~Snacks
yay.gif

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No you cant because 4.2 is a jew, and u need new versions of everything to run on 4.2. Bad move updating, it wouldve been so much easier just to use the safe update. but someone has already said that u need a diff version of hackmii installer as well as bannerbomb, so theres your answer

Genma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2yugimoto said:
ok i have 1 wierd problem....

i traded my wii into gamestop and got a new 1 used (Lu33)

problem is i have a 1gb micro sd and adapter....
i used it to hack my wii before but im having a wierd problem.... hackmii installer wont come up, i go to wii channals in options and put in my sd card in the wii then click sd and it freezes and i gata hold wii button for 5 seconds to shut off...

i tried on both my wii and my cousins wii
i then formated my sdhc to ntsf and it would not read the sd so i formated it to fat32 and it starts to freeze when i try to launch bootmii.....

his is version 4.1 and mine is 3.1
and then i updated to 4.2 on mine and still freezes at
the same part......

i used to use it alot but it might be my pc maby?? its windows vista where i get the files you sent me.

can you tell me what im doing wrong?

Updating to 4.2 should be fine, I've done 3 fresh installs on 4.2. You mentioned you are going into Wii Options and then Wii Channels, this isn't where you should be going. Instead you should be selecting the SD Card Menu from the Main Channel Screen when you insert your card. Then it will prompt you to install.

Read everything from xzxero's guide carefully from the 4.2 guide and use the same files that is mentioned in the guide. xzxero's guide is very well written, I'm not sure why people are saying updating to 4.2 is a bad move. I have yet to experience any problems following his guide.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
His guide is spot on and he actually recommends updating officially first so you can start with a virgin Wii. Defintiely recommend trying the updated Bannerbomb though

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I remember i also had problems with my sd card. So i tried to format to different filesystems. NTFS doesn't seem to work at all. Also Fat32 had problems, so i formated to normal FAT, which is used for small USB devices. Now everything works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1