Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@yifan_lu you said that the .vpk don't have a size limit, but I think they actually have. I couldn't install a .vpk of 10.9mb but I could install a 9.39mb .vpk. So a file limit of 10mb??

I was wrong, a 11.39mb .vpk file didn't give the error

Last edited by pikpol,

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got "Failed to install the package: 0x80010016" when I was installing some homebrew I created myself.
Any ideas what this is?

SOLVED IT ALREADY
So this error I had is actually the same error I have now when I start the installed .vpk (error C1-2758-2)
SCE_ERROR_ERRNO_EISDIR C1-2758-2 0x80010016

Anyone who has an idea what this means?
Or what the error below means or can be solved?
SCE_KERNEL_ERROR_MODULEMGR_CANNOT_EXPORT_LIB_TO_SHARED C1-9649-8 0x8002d019

EDIT:
The PS Vita wiki actually says these are the correct errors:
C1-2758-2 0x80010016 - SCE_ERROR_ERRNO_EINVAL

C1-9649-8 0x8002d019 - SCE_KERNEL_ERROR_MODULEMGR_INVALID_REL_INFO

Last edited by pikpol, , Reason: typo

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah it's not really worth staying up for. I've had new terms and conditions on psn earlier which everyone has had but I've also had email now. Sony are on to it. Prepare for bans

I think Sony totally forgot that the PS1 was so successful because of the great piracy possibilities of these console...
What says the e-mail?

Last edited by VitaType,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, really? What does it say?
It's basically a copy of the terms I agreed to earlier on my system. They've emailed it to me and probably everyone else who excepted the terms. It's basically a pre warning or scare tactics. Personally I don't care. Don't buy digital anyway. Only hard copy's of games that can be sold or traded on afterwards

garache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's basically a copy of the terms I agreed to earlier on my system. They've emailed it to me and probably everyone else who excepted the terms. It's basically a pre warning or scare tactics. Personally I don't care. Don't buy digital anyway. Only hard copy's of games that can be sold or traded on afterwards

You can still buy and download if you have a PS3.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have that on the same psn account. :wacko: Oops. :nayps3: Like I said I'm not really bothered. I took the risk if they want to ban me for playing some 1990's Nintendo games because there more fun than most of the vita games(ports) then so be it.

Oh, no! You were allowed to play everything expect Nintendo productions.
Why just why did you do that?

Yokimari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I tried to install Chapter 5 Killzone Liberation but an error occurred.
I copied the folder UCES00279 (Chapter 5 EU) to ux0: pspemu/PSP/GAME/
The game began to detect DLC but during installation error pops up as pictured.
Any ideas how to fix it?

:wtf:

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country

Or, if you went to sleep, wake up already !

https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/760722207932817408

Thank you @yifan_lu ! ( I had asked about dynarec some days ago in this same thread O:D ). Now I wonder... some times you do need kernelmode access to map memory as RWX or to alias the same memory page as writable and executable... May be the surprise is a "syscall" or something in the SDK ( not the official, but the one available for homebrew ) to run code as kernelmode or to patch kernelmode memory ? One can dream :D

EDIT: https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/760722363046629382

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j