Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok. You think i must update to 3.60? Its better? HENkaku seems to have much potential...

It depends on your preferences. Do you want to play Emulators or do you want to keep your PSP/PS1 bubbles?
I'm on 3.51 too but I will wait till we get PSP/Ps1 bubbles with Henkaku (since nowadays I play those games more often than Emulatos)

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by VitaType,
Reactions: Lord M

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It depends on your preferences. Do you want to play Emulators or do you want to keep your PSP/PS1 bubbles?
I'm on 3.51 too but I will wait till we get PSP/Ps1 bubbles with Henkaku (since nowadays I play those games more often than Emulatos)
Yeah, i have ps1/psp bubbles and i like much emulators, but for waiting bubbles on 3.60 i dont want then to did somersaults for update offline if then got out a new fw...

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Appreciate any help, is there a free EUR demo for use with VHBL? Apologies for being such a noob, but even if there is and I use henaku to install it, it still won't work with psps/ps1 games? Is that correct?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Appreciate any help, is there a free EUR demo for use with VHBL? Apologies for being such a noob, but even if there is and I use henaku to install it, it still won't work with psps/ps1 games? Is that correct?
You can get Ape Quest on the UK store.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Just checked, so that's the Ape Quest Starter pack, yeah? And do you know if this opens up psp/ps1 games?

cheers
I have no idea, I don't think you can load PSP or PS1 games on 3.60 yet. And it's whichever Ape Quest is free.

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Just checked, so that's the Ape Quest Starter pack, yeah? And do you know if this opens up psp/ps1 games?

cheers
It's that. It allows you to run PSP homebrew. No ISO/CSO or official content though

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have no idea, I don't think you can load PSP or PS1 games on 3.60 yet. And it's whichever Ape Quest is free.
Its not possible yet. Thats correct.

you meant the psp, right? because if you're trying to say that ps1 is so successful 'cause of piracy then you are dead wrong.
I guess you want to teach me that cd bruner weren't commen back then.
There were enough (not everyone needed one you just needed to know someone with a cd burner).
There were videogame rental shops here in germany which where soley based on the fact that everyone was pirating PSX games,..
Later you could get a modchip-service in pretty much every small town.

Last edited by VitaType,
Reactions: signz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel