Hacking Yugioh Tag Force 5 - Music to - Yugioh Tag Force 4

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"********* **** Tag Force 4 (EMU).zophar"

As you know, yugioh tag force 4 and 5 were the last of the psp yugioh games with overworld maps, the sound track of Yugioh 5 took a major dive.

Found tag force 4's soundtrack on my harddrive............Yugioh 5 soundtrack can be extracted manually there are some tools for it.............

Possibly revert.......the card battle theme, winning battle theme, losing battle theme, and tag team battle theme, (or just the battle theme)
apparently "nova extractor" can pull the audio files form, "psp_snddat.bin"
Right now too busy to get started.............probably tomorrow if everything goes well.................

(yugioh tag force 1 and 2 was shoddy work, fixed with yugioh 3.................the final yugioh tag force 6 and yugioh arc 5, were, stripped down versions of tag force 4 and 5.................and people often the yugioh games on the ps3 and xbox360 (ps4 xboxone), as straight ports of tag force 6 and arc 5 .............. stripped down elements to place yugioh on par with the other card games)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It sounds like he wants to replace the music of Tag Force 5 with Tag Force 4's OST.
I see
@yeshuachrist
I am going to be honest with you, please don't spam punctuation. It's really hard to read your posts or even understand what you are on about.

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates

1. Nova Extractor 2.4 .... check .wav format, for search only
2. Extract All Wav Files (there's a few thousand)
3. 43 Items lowest file size "313 KB" .... Music Tracks
4. change file extension to ".at3" .... Pot Player can play ".at3" files
(files match .hex foot print from "psp_snddat.bin" in yugioh 5.iso) (for swapping, writing via hex editor to "psp_snddat.bin") (file size permitting, not exceeding existing file sizes)

Update 2 (file swapping choices)

Normal Battle Theme = "psp_snddat 00037.at3" (649KB size) (yugioh 5)
Normal Battle Theme2 = "psp_snddat 00036.at3" (531KB size) (yugioh 5)
Battle Theme (Tag Tournament) = "psp_snddat 00040.at3" (574 size) (yugioh 5)
Battle Almost Winning = "psp_snddat 00042.at3" (635KB size) (yugioh 5)
Battle Almost Losing = "psp_snddat 00043.at3" (587KB size) (yugioh 5)
(full of radio/tv static sounds, versus the rest of the audio track for the game, really stands out) (not good)

Battle Theme = "psp_snddat_00000022.at3" (678KB size) (yugioh 4)
Battle Theme (Tag Team) =
Battle Almost Winning =
Battle Almost Losing =

Update 3 (file sizes upsets the straight swap idea........)
(audio track replacements from Tag Force 4 to Tag Force 5) (not same battle musics from 4 to 5)

Normal Battle Theme = "psp_snddat_00000016.at3" (476KB size) (from yugioh 4 for yugioh 5)
Normal Battle Theme2 = "psp_snddat_00000016.at3" (476KB size) (from yugioh 4 for yugioh 5)
Battle Theme (Tag Tournament) = "psp_snddat 00019.at3" (483KB size) (from yugioh 5 for yugioh 5)
Battle Almost Winning = "psp_snddat_00000019.at3" (495KB size) (from yugioh 4 for yugioh 5)
Battle Almost Losing = "psp_snddat_00000019.at3" (495KB size) (from yugioh 4 for yugioh 5)
(its annoying to have two separate tracks one if your losing one if your winning, just one audio if your close to finishing a matching, win or lose) (yugioh 4's sound track isn't that horrible, why its left unchanged)

Update 4 (The Patch) (finished in a few)
(checking yugioh 4's audio files against the "psp_snddat.bin" file in yugioh 4 for "over dumps", it was a pack, didn't dump yugioh 4's audio myself............maybe a few bytes added to the end of file?) (files check out)

(replaced modified "psp_snddat.bin" file using umdgen4)

Yugioh 5 No Jiving Music Patch (testing)
("normal duel" story mode music changed, you have music option/tracks from "free battle" that have to unlock)
(replaced one of the optional tracks not tag tournament track - have to redue update 2) (FIXED)

Yugioh Tag Force5 No Jiving Music Mod (for europe iso)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j-yt1sUc2c3Qu010_xPKPKLdTVYWHgE3/view?usp=sharing
Use the scene/.iso europe version (there's also dlc available for the game, google it)

Xdelta Patcher
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

(smaller patch size use, hex editor to "write in", psp_snddat.bin to the game's iso........rather then rebuilding the .iso)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

ghgh3022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Updates

1. Nova Extractor 2.4 .... check .wav format, for search only
2. Extract All Wav Files (there's a few thousand)
3. 43 Items lowest file size "313 KB" .... Music Tracks
4. change file extension to ".at3" .... Pot Player can play ".at3" files
(files match .hex foot print from "psp_snddat.bin" in yugioh 5.iso) (for swapping, writing via hex editor to "psp_snddat.bin") (file size permitting, not exceeding existing file sizes)

Update 2 (file swapping choices)

Normal Battle Theme = "psp_snddat 00037.at3" (649KB size) (yugioh 5)
Normal Battle Theme2 = "psp_snddat 00036.at3" (531KB size) (yugioh 5)
Battle Theme (Tag Tournament) = "psp_snddat 00040.at3" (574 size) (yugioh 5)
Battle Almost Winning = "psp_snddat 00042.at3" (635KB size) (yugioh 5)
Battle Almost Losing = "psp_snddat 00043.at3" (587KB size) (yugioh 5)
(full of radio/tv static sounds, versus the rest of the audio track for the game, really stands out) (not good)

Battle Theme = "psp_snddat_00000022.at3" (678KB size) (yugioh 4)
Battle Theme (Tag Team) =
Battle Almost Winning =
Battle Almost Losing =

Update 3 (file sizes upsets the straight swap idea........)
(audio track replacements from Tag Force 4 to Tag Force 5) (not same battle musics from 4 to 5)

Normal Battle Theme = "psp_snddat_00000016.at3" (476KB size) (from yugioh 4 for yugioh 5)
Normal Battle Theme2 = "psp_snddat_00000016.at3" (476KB size) (from yugioh 4 for yugioh 5)
Battle Theme (Tag Tournament) = "psp_snddat 00019.at3" (483KB size) (from yugioh 5 for yugioh 5)
Battle Almost Winning = "psp_snddat_00000019.at3" (495KB size) (from yugioh 4 for yugioh 5)
Battle Almost Losing = "psp_snddat_00000019.at3" (495KB size) (from yugioh 4 for yugioh 5)
(its annoying to have two separate tracks one if your losing one if your winning, just one audio if your close to finishing a matching, win or lose) (yugioh 4's sound track isn't that horrible, why its left unchanged)

Update 4 (The Patch) (finished in a few)
(checking yugioh 4's audio files against the "psp_snddat.bin" file in yugioh 4 for "over dumps", it was a pack, didn't dump yugioh 4's audio myself............maybe a few bytes added to the end of file?) (files check out)

(replaced modified "psp_snddat.bin" file using umdgen4)

Yugioh 5 No Jiving Music Patch (testing)
("normal duel" story mode music changed, you have music option/tracks from "free battle" that have to unlock)
(replaced one of the optional tracks not tag tournament track - have to redue update 2) (FIXED)

Yugioh Tag Force5 No Jiving Music Mod (for europe iso)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j-yt1sUc2c3Qu010_xPKPKLdTVYWHgE3/view?usp=sharing
Use the scene/.iso europe version (there's also dlc available for the game, google it)

Xdelta Patcher
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

(smaller patch size use, hex editor to "write in", psp_snddat.bin to the game's iso........rather then rebuilding the .iso)
i didnt understand the swapping part do i need hex editor for swapping and how to do it and do i have to change file extension to ".at3" vlc player can ran .wav no prob

Last edited by ghgh3022,

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(tested all the patches, won't give any release names but can find)

Once you have the audio files, you can find those same files in the game.iso, using a hex editor, no special format encryption was used to turncoat the files, no offsets etc.................open the game.iso, audio file you want to replace, and audio file your replacement.............all three in a hex editor, keep the header info, blank and replace the audio information...................

it depends on how the audio file was extracted if it contains header info or not the game file system uses, beyond the audio file's header (which is common), blank audio header and info, not header for the game file system in the audio file and replace audio from the new file.............file size limitation.

Or, use google/ebay/etc. get your game dump and try a few iso to patch. Goodluck.

Also try the persona music fix patches, scroll a few pages back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
    C @ Clayton44333: hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?