Zippo says Sonic heroes remake might happed

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Man screw Zippo, dude has a really good record of not being right at all, and this (apparently not entirely true, since Sega was just planning on it) leak came form Midori, a really trustworthy Sega/Atlus leaker (thsat has only been wrong ONCe, and it was a single release date that was wrong)

Zippo read that leak and started saying it was 100% true and real, and that it was really really happening, then the sonic fanbase(tm) started throwing shit at Midori, causing her to quit leaks alltogether

So thanks, Zippo, for absolutely nothing

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is one thing almost all sonic fans agree on, SA1 and SA2 is are good
Sonic is such a difficult franchise for me to analyze because I'm not sure how I (personally) would have transitioned the series to 3D.

All things considered, the gameplay of Sonic Adventure makes sense: Hub world, levels. Envisioning the game design is difficult because you'd essentially have speed-based forward movement mixed with platforming. Sonic Team hedged their bets by including several different gameplay types, like scavenger hunting and pet simulator, and that added variety for better or for worse.

One stage with many collectables might have brought too many comparisons to Mario or Banjo Kazooie, but I think that'd allow for branching paths, emphasis on speed, and larger stages. Some better control during combat would have been good, but I'm not sure how I'd implement it. It's a real brain exercise.

Sonic Generations made so much sense because it combined the 3D and 2D gameplay really well. It would have been a good direction for the series from the start.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That god awful title screen theme.

I wonder how many people I just pissed off by saying that, lol!

You take that back this instant. Sonic music has become a category all its own. Have you ever rolled around at the speed of sound? Have you ever seen the world spinning upside down? Have you ever been so in love that you can dream on sweet dream?

I did not think so.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How is that even a terrible game? Its one of the greatest alongside Sonic Adventure 2.
you must be fucking joking. it barely has any speed. you have to stop and switch characters to pass areas and the characters are lame AF with gimmicky AF levels and other annoying shit that should not be in a sonic game! go back and play SA2 than play heroes right afterwards it's like fucking night and day :lol:

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you must be fucking joking. it barely has any speed. you have to stop and switch characters to pass areas and the characters are lame AF with gimmicky AF levels and other annoying shit that should not be in a sonic game! go back and play SA2 than play heroes right afterwards it's like fucking night and day :lol:
Correction: In relation to Sonic Adventure 2 not the remake. Fuck that.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

If Ken Penders wants so badly to own Sonic the Hedgehog then instead of Sega wanting to own Super Mario Bros. from Nintendo then what if for instance in alternate scenario Ken Penders wants to own Jazz Jackrabbit from Epic Games so in that case in alternate scenario they could own Commander Keen from Id Software.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They made a very good point.
https://www.sonicstadium.org/forums/topic/24339-if-sonic-was-created-in-america-instead-of-japan/

If Ken Penders wants so badly to own Sonic the Hedgehog then instead of Sega wanting to own Super Mario Bros. from Nintendo then what if for instance in alternate scenario Ken Penders wants to own Jazz Jackrabbit from Epic Games so in that case in alternate scenario they could own Commander Keen from Id Software.

Right there in Sonic Stadium Forum as Community Members right there.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The level design of Sonic Heroes, I think, tries as hard as it can to mimic Sonic 3's vast scope. It just has bad controls and can be a little grindy.

I have a lot of nostalgia for it, but I think it gets a way worse rap than it should. A remake could do that game wonders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch