• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

13 Russians, 3 businesses indicted by Mueller/Rosenstein in connection to Trump

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 39,583
  • Replies 594
  • Likes 11

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mr.Macaroni is a joke, I'm not surprised that Obama endorsed him at the time. I remember this video when it was still fresh and I wondered why people weren't upset over it as much as they should've.
Yeah, i agree. People should have spoken more out about this especially when it was around the time of trumps campaign and he was doing the same thing he was accusing the Russians of

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Both the entertainment space as well as, surprisingly, the maker space is thriving thanks to Kickstarter and other crowdfunding models. Patreon and YouTube are both a big deal too. I think we'll be just fine, provided people continue to be industrious.
I don't know how you expect people to keep funding these things if they don't have jobs. We can't be a 100% Youtube-based economy, that would be Google providing a UBI instead of the government. There's no sector ready to explode in growth like that and become large enough to replace the food service industry in terms of employment. Entertainment is already extremely competitive and saturated, and even in that industry AI will be able to compete to some degree.

Last edited by Xzi,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Entertainment is already extremely competitive and saturated, and even in that industry AI will be able to compete to some degree.
I was going to mention that, but I didn't want to feel like I was going too sci-fi or too futuristic with the idea that automation will takeover entertainment too.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Last edited by kumikochan,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is still meddling regardless of hacking or not. Plus there are the multiple assasinations that happened in southern america during election time that all happened to be enemies of the US. Don't act like there's no blood on your hand
https://www.telesurtv.net/english/a...rventions-in-Latin-America-20160608-0031.html

https://www.google.be/amp/s/www.was...arn-from-cold-war-attempts-to-change-regimes/
Oh, I am well aware of all that stuff. I fucking hate the CIA, they ruined so many lives south of our boarder.

Reactions: kumikochan

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, I am well aware of all that stuff. I fucking hate the CIA, they ruined so many lives south of our boarder.
The double standards are just always funny. America hacks the world with the NSA and even allies like Europe but when somebody hacks the US it is an all out war. The US intervenes in elections all over the world and with goverments using the CIA but when Russia does it all all war breaks out again.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The double standards are just always funny. America hacks the world with the NSA and even allies like Europe but when somebody hacks the US it is an all out war. The US intervenes in elections all over the world and with goverments using the CIA but when Russia does it all all war breaks out again.
An investigation into criminal activity is not equivalent to "all out war." Nor does the US's past involvement in morally/ethically questionable behavior invalidate the need to defend our own Democracy and elections in the present.

Last edited by Xzi,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
An investigation into criminal activity is not equivalent to "all out war." Nor does the US's past involvement in morally/ethically questionable behavior invalidate the need to defend our own Democracy and elections in the present.
Past ? The video of obama endorsing macron on French national tv wasn't that long ago as was that of the NSA hacking phones and computers of european leaders also not that long ago. It still is a double standard. They're making a bigger deal out of it when somebody else does and morally ofcourse according to the US only they can because if they morally thought differently, then they wouldn't have tried over a 100 times already over a time period of 70 years but only would have done it once or twice so no you can't make that big a deal out of it, if you have done it yourself over a 100 times yourself and are still doing it. If the US would have learned from those mistakes and especially stopped meddling with allies like with the NSA and the French elections then you could say they have morally the high ground wich they absolutely DON'T

Last edited by kumikochan,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Trump invited Putin to the White House this fall just days after his submissive display in Helsinki. That's not even the craziest news of the day, as 'Trump says he's 'ready' to put tariffs on all $505 billion of Chinese goods imported to the US.'

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/19/tru...t-tariffs-on-all-505-billion-of-chinese-.html

Funny enough, that means Trump flags and hats are already being held up at customs, as of course they're made in China:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-flags-hats-made-in-china-held-at-customs-trade-war-2018-7

Last edited by Xzi,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Past ? The video of obama endorsing macron on French national tv wasn't that long ago as was that of the NSA hacking phones and computers of european leaders also not that long ago. It still is a double standard. They're making a bigger deal out of it when somebody else does and morally ofcourse according to the US only they can because if they morally thought differently, then they wouldn't have tried over a 100 times already over a time period of 70 years but only would have done it once or twice so no you can't make that big a deal out of it, if you have done it yourself over a 100 times yourself and are still doing it. If the US would have learned from those mistakes and especially stopped meddling with allies like with the NSA and the French elections then you could say they have morally the high ground wich they absolutely DON'T
It's okay when the US does it. /s

You should have probably read that link, those are all knockoff's being held up, the real hats and flags that are being sold on his website are made in the US.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-hat-china/
Hah, I had no idea Snopes actually checked it to it. But yea, China makes counterfeit things of EVERYTHING. If they can make money off of it, they WILL copy it. I think that's pretty obvious by now.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You should have probably read that link, those are all knockoff's being held up, the real hats and flags that are being sold on his website are made in the US.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-hat-china/
I was curious so I looked it up on Amazon. Couldn't find one MAGA hat that wasn't made in China on the first few pages, that was the case for the best seller too. Even most of the ones made in China have an American flag embroidered on them, so they're really playing Trump's base for rubes.

Last edited by Xzi,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious so I looked it up on Amazon. Couldn't find one MAGA hat that wasn't made in China on the first few pages, that was the case for the best seller too. Even most of the ones made in China have an American flag embroidered on them, so they're really playing Trump's base for rubes.
I think the only place to buy an official MAGA hat is off his website. Amazon doesn't seem to give a shit when it comes to fake shit. You can find fake SD cards, fake consoles, etc.

Just for the hell of it, here is the second result of "MAGA hat amazon" in Google(first result wasn't even trying). It's funny how fake it looks.

https://www.amazon.com/US-Buy-Donald-Trump-Hats/dp/B01LZU1YWW
fake
https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/official-donald-trump-make-america-great-again-cap-red
real

Hope ur being sarcastic
/s = Sarcasm.

Last edited by Viri,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think the only place to buy an official MAGA hat is off his website. Amazon doesn't seem to give a shit when it comes to fake shit. You can find fake SD cards, fake consoles, etc.

Just for the hell of it, here is the second result of "MAGA hat amazon" in Google(first result wasn't even trying). It's funny how fake it looks.

https://www.amazon.com/US-Buy-Donald-Trump-Hats/dp/B01LZU1YWW
fake
https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/official-donald-trump-make-america-great-again-cap-red
real
I never run into fake stuff on Amazon, but I don't use the third-party resellers so I guess that's why. The funny part about the whole situation though is that Trump's base is used to getting things cheap, so I'm sure a good portion of them just bought the cheapest MAGA hat available, which would mean Chinese-made and no profit for Trump. :lol:

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure Xzi, keep being a puppet with believing in ALL propaganda of both sides. You're as bad as alt-right morons that you're soooo against. Leftists are clown shoes when they go "we're tolerant" but are hypocritical when they're challenged, just as the ones on the right. To you saying that I should look back to Nixon...He's scum just like every president we've had, sans: JFK and Reagan. I'm pretty sure that there's HUGE things happening in the world other than idiots in the world worrying about ANY politician of the past, present or future that actual cared with genuine remorse for their actions. So please, stop being a sheep and think for yourself.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sure Xzi, keep being a puppet with believing in ALL propaganda of both sides. You're as bad as alt-right morons that you're soooo against. Leftists are clown shoes when they go "we're tolerant" but are hypocritical when they're challenged, just as the ones on the right.
The left doesn't and shouldn't tolerate intolerance. That's not a hypocritical stance, it's just a line that has to be drawn by at least one of the two political parties.

I'm pretty sure that there's HUGE things happening in the world other than idiots in the world worrying about ANY politician of the past, present or future that actual cared with genuine remorse for their actions. So please, stop being a sheep and think for yourself.
I'm not even sure what you're arguing here. That events occur outside of politics? You're not going to get any debate against that from me. That doesn't mean anybody should stick their head in the sand to ignore their current political leader's blatant corruption.

qr1q1GLGE6YZpumgDAIERc8gfxynQUnanuueb5c-ipU.jpg

Last edited by Xzi,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny enough, that means Trump flags and hats are already being held up at customs, as of course they're made in China:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-flags-hats-made-in-china-held-at-customs-trade-war-2018-7

I'd like to see some more investigative work done on that, but I know it'll never happen. I don't personally own any "MAGA" clothing - believe it or not I'm not a Trump zealot and I'd never walk around wearing clothing in support of any politician. I avoid wearing corporate logos for the most part, too. But, I am a member at a firearms discussion board and (no surprise) some of the members there are die-hard Trumpers. And, they have all said their 'official' MAGA clothing is made in the USA. They say the Chinese made MAGA hats, shirts, flags, etc are knockoffs that get sold at street level during events and by unlicensed online retailers, not the stuff that's sold through the official site. I honestly don't know, but I've been a member at that discussion board for 17 years and 'know' some of these other guys pretty well, so I lean towards believing them when they say their 'official' stuff is made in USA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described