• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

2010 FIFA WORLD CUP Finals

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 52,526
  • Replies 807

Who do you think is going to win the 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP Finals?

• Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HBK said:
Portugal...as much as it is my country, I don't think we have nearly as half as the quality we had 4 years ago when we reached 4th place. We'll barely manage to cling on to 2nd in the group stage (Brazil will get 1st), and then go down in the quarter finals after a win in the round of 16 against a weaker team. At least that what I think. Figo and Pauleta were one of the world's best players, with then gone, and Ronaldo absolutely sucking (Ronaldo = Maradona - they both are amazing, one for R.Madrid, other was the best player in the world, but now they both suck at national teams playing/coaching), we won't go far.

Italy is my choice, once again (ok, probably biased since I'm half Italian). The team is strong, focused...ultimately, a powerhouse. We have tons of difficulties, sure, with the story of defending the title, and winners curse probably is going to knock us out like it did in Euro '08, but I believe that we can at least reach the semis. Would be awesome to reach the finals and win again, though.

Possible candidates to win (apart from those mentioned above):

Spain - awesome team, really got stronger.
Germany - cold-blooded, focused consistency of a "sniper" team
Brazil - ain't 5 time champ for nothing, plus great players and natural dominance
Argentina - if Maradona doesn't go crazy with bad tactics
France - good team, not the best, but still very focused
South Africa - the host will go far, trust me. It happens like that every time (though not WIN, but like..quarters)
Holland - like Germany, although their football is a show to watch. Nothing can stop them when they put their hearts into it
England - if they get their heads together and realize that it's not a walk in the park

Group G
1 Brazil
2 Ivory Coast
3 North Korea
4 Portugal

You are forgetting that the group also includes Ivory Coast, these have been doing amazing this year and are actually the favourites to win the group so when you say that it will be Brazil then Portugal this will most likely be the case

Personally I think it will be more like

1 Ivory Coast ( Very close between 1 & 2 )
2 Portugal
3 Brazil
4 North Korea

But any hows good luck

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go any team that isn't England!

This is how us Scots deal with the fact that our national team is awful and hasn't qualified for any major tournaments since 1998.
rolleyes.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
danny600kill said:
HBK said:
Portugal...as much as it is my country, I don't think we have nearly as half as the quality we had 4 years ago when we reached 4th place. We'll barely manage to cling on to 2nd in the group stage (Brazil will get 1st), and then go down in the quarter finals after a win in the round of 16 against a weaker team. At least that what I think. Figo and Pauleta were one of the world's best players, with then gone, and Ronaldo absolutely sucking (Ronaldo = Maradona - they both are amazing, one for R.Madrid, other was the best player in the world, but now they both suck at national teams playing/coaching), we won't go far.

Italy is my choice, once again (ok, probably biased since I'm half Italian). The team is strong, focused...ultimately, a powerhouse. We have tons of difficulties, sure, with the story of defending the title, and winners curse probably is going to knock us out like it did in Euro '08, but I believe that we can at least reach the semis. Would be awesome to reach the finals and win again, though.

Possible candidates to win (apart from those mentioned above):

Spain - awesome team, really got stronger.
Germany - cold-blooded, focused consistency of a "sniper" team
Brazil - ain't 5 time champ for nothing, plus great players and natural dominance
Argentina - if Maradona doesn't go crazy with bad tactics
France - good team, not the best, but still very focused
South Africa - the host will go far, trust me. It happens like that every time (though not WIN, but like..quarters)
Holland - like Germany, although their football is a show to watch. Nothing can stop them when they put their hearts into it
England - if they get their heads together and realize that it's not a walk in the park

Group G
1 Brazil
2 Ivory Coast
3 North Korea
4 Portugal

You are forgetting that the group also includes Ivory Coast, these have been doing amazing this year and are actually the favourites to win the group so when you say that it will be Brazil then Portugal this will most likely be the case

Personally I think it will be more like

1 Ivory Coast ( Very close between 1 & 2 )
2 Portugal
3 Brazil
4 North Korea

But any hows good luck

Ivory Coast against Brazil? No chance. I said we would cling on to 2nd, becaue IC is quite good and might beat Portugal easily if we don't stay focused. But Brazil? Nah, sorry.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
danny600kill said:
I think England have a chance this year, I was looking at the matches they will have to play up to the semi finals and and taking into account the two best teams winning each group and England topping there group then they have a great layout. I think that England will win their group ( Sorry USA but to be honest you suck at Football, not soccer but football, soccer is a stupid name
biggrin.gif
)

So come one England

England vs Spain is my bet

England can come far, but they won't win it I think.
Especially their goalkeeper is just a joke, and I really think you have to have an excellent goalie to win this tournament.
All the rest is world class though, but the striker position I maybe also a weak point, with only Rooney being world class there.
Owen is out for the rest of the season, and I don't think Crouch + Wallcott are that good that they will make the difference over there.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im going for Australia but because Im dutch I also go for Holland ofcourse... I hope AU does it even better then last year and this time DOESNT get screwed over by the ref

*BOOOO ITALY* PANSYBOYS!

Razorwing

Elite Four Member
Trophies
XP
Country
My heart says England are going to win, but then my head comes along and says don't be so bloody stupid we are going to get knocked out on penalties in the quarter-finals like we do every tournament!

So with that said I will have to go for Spain cause they have world class players all over the pitch, England would kill for any of their 3/4 quality keepers.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
voted for Spain. they have an amazing team and they are young.
Brazil: Also amazing team and great players like KAKA, Robinho and others. would LOVE to see Brazil VS Spain.
England: good but won't win.
Argentina: has Messi and other amazing players but they don't play for their jersey. they play for money. they don't wana get injured and not be able to play for barca or their teams.
Italy: Old. if they weren't lucky 4years ago and got the Penalty kick, they won't even be on the last 4.
Portugal: good but not enough to beat the power of Brazil, Spain, and other teams.
the rest team are also good but not strong enough to beat them.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it's between Argentina and Spain.
Messi is basically the best player in the world at the moment.
But Spain have Torres, Villa, Fabregas and are European Champions.
Of course I want England to win, but I'm not sure. Every time it feels like "this is the year, we are gonna win it", like it in 06.
Anyhow, I can't wait till the World Cup starts.

pizzahutmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the love for Mexico? lol
idk but Italy imo has a pretty good chance to win. Maybe Germany also?
it doesn't really matter though, as long as the final match is intense.

Also, what do you guys think the 3D will be?
Will it seem like if you were in the stands w/ the people? Kinda creepy to be next to someone you don't know.
Or maybe zooming in on the field w/ the players standing around your living room.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pizzahutmaster said:
Where is the love for Mexico? lol
idk but Italy imo has a pretty good chance to win. Maybe Germany also?
it doesn't really matter though, as long as the final match is intense.

Also, what do you guys think the 3D will be?
Will it seem like if you were in the stands w/ the people? Kinda creepy to be next to someone you don't know.
Or maybe zooming in on the field w/ the players standing around your living room.
I think Italy's team is too old now. Germany may get far they have a solid team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: