• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

2010 FIFA WORLD CUP Finals

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 52,479
  • Replies 807

Who do you think is going to win the 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP Finals?

• Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
dice said:
berlinka said:
Congratulations to Spain. I feel bad though cause the referee was on some points not very fair... Plus he was unbelievably triggerhappy with the yellow cards. Damn, we were so close!!!

QIA, some of those should have been RED!
rolleyes.gif

PREACH!! Webb was extremely lenient with Holland.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
Congrats to all the spanish cousins from your Italian buddies! It's a good thing we're passing the World Cup to you guys
smile.gif

De Jong should be in jail for that foul!

World Cup Champions'Club:

Brazil, 5
Italy, 4
Germany, 3
Uruguay and Argentina, 2
England, France, Spain 1

Europe 10
Soouth America 9

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
4783909623_7733d91e43.jpg

Uruguay's Diego Forlan has won the adidas Golden Ball as the outstanding player at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™.

The Atletico Madrid man scored five, including fine strikes against South Africa and Germany, as Uruguay exceeded expectations to reach the semi-finals and then lose the third-place play-off 3-2 to Germany. Forlan finished in a four-way tie with Thomas Muller, Wesley Sneijder and David Villa for the Golden Boot with five goals; an award Muller took on a tie-break thanks to having more assists. Muller also picked up the Best Young Player award, while Spain captain Iker Casillas can add the Golden Glove award to his FIFA World Cup winners' medal.

4784661852_702d422a09.jpg

D

Deleted_171835

OP
yay.gif

Spain won! They deserved the win. The ref was so strict, though handing out yellow cards so often.

Logan 5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Congrats to Spain, this tournament was extremely uninteresting to me ever since the semi-finals. The first round through the round of eight was just great though. There is a moral victory in this for the USA since we are one of the two teams to beat Spain since November 2006. I hope the next world cup isn't so dominated by European teams by the semi finals.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Forlan was amazing. My favorite player in this WC. Just wow.

Uruguay should have won the WC, but still, Spain did a great job, and although I wanted Holland to win, they deserve it.
smile.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great job Spain, now Reina(even though he didnt get a game) and Torres can now come home and show off their Winners medals with pride
smile.gif

Feel sorry for Dirk Kuyt though
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
I went to a WORLD CUP PARTY but did not use the computer. Congrats to the "Spants" from Spain for beating the Nerds. FROM THE NERDELANDS.

ExCiTiNg MaTcH!!!!
Scores from 11 July 2010​

Netherlands 0 - 1 Spain [FT]
- 3 Iniesta [116']

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
spain-fc11.jpg

D

Deleted User

OP
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON GBATEMP FOR VIEWING AND PARTICIPATING IN THIS EXCITING THREAD, WITHOUT YOU THIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE AND I HOPE THIS CAN HAPPEN AGAIN IN 2014.
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

spain-fc11.jpg
spain-fc11.jpg

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tis a shame that the actual football was rather underwhleming. The group stages at times were just horribly boring to watch and the final itself was sub-par affair. And that's really disapointing considering how technically gifted the two teams were. Germany and Argentina were the only teams that were able to consistently entertain me.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
emigre said:
Tis a shame that the actual football was rather underwhleming. The group stages at times were just horribly boring to watch and the final itself was sub-par affair. And that's really disapointing considering how technically gifted the two teams were. Germany and Argentina were the only teams that were able to consistently entertain me.

Chili and Uruguay deserve a mention too IMHO.
Also South Africa, they were really motivated to play and perform well for their own people.
Mexico was enjoyable too IMHO.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pichon64 said:

Yeah okay but for whatever reason this poll is kind of messed upped in every poll (for specific countries DE,EN,PT,AR,FR) germany is first except for Spain and in my opinion Germany played pretty good and nice looking football/soccer and i would even say that if a other country had played like this
wink.gif

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
nIxx said:
Yeah okay but for whatever reason this poll is kind of messed upped in every poll (for specific countries DE,EN,PT,AR,FR) germany is first except for Spain and in my opinion Germany played pretty good and nice looking football/soccer and i would even say that if a other country had played like this
wink.gif

Hey, check it. The same numbers on every version of the poll: DE, EN, PT, FR.
smileipb2.png
Well, I can't understand Arabic...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1