3DS extra slide-pad + Monster Hunter 3G confirmed!

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
An Add-on is so fucking stupid. Just wait for a year and watch Nintendo release a new 3DS with the new buttons already built into the handheld. Waste of money. Hopefully Monster Hunter can make up for that.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Guild McCommunist said:
The top screen is a 3D screen. If it's a touch screen, not only would it be terribly impractical, but it'd probably mess with the 3D.

That is the exact reason why they didn't make the lower screen able to display 3D. It would ruin the effect far too much.
That and it would drain the battery even more, to a point even I be like "want more power!!!!"
tongue.gif

Still time for redesign.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
ron975 said:
Ambassador or Redesign?
unsure.gif

This is Nintendo screwing all current 3DS owners over.

Hopefully the final product (of the grip) won't be as bulky.
frown.gif
if nintendo released the screenshots then that is probably the final design unfortunately

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
sputnix said:
ron975 said:
Ambassador or Redesign?
unsure.gif

This is Nintendo screwing all current 3DS owners over.

Hopefully the final product (of the grip) won't be as bulky.
frown.gif
if nintendo released the screenshots then that is probably the final design unfortunately

Remember when Ninty first showed off the DS during an E3 event? The design was different in comparison to what we know of as the DSphat.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
If a redesign with it's own 2nd analog slider and extra shoulder buttons comes about, it's only because this peripheral came along. Without it, there's no reason to make a revision incorporating them.
And how do you suppose that makes sense? Why would they make a redesign due to the release of a peripheral they're shelling out money for rather than shelling out less money to just make a new system (so to speak, it's a relaunch not a redesign).

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this killing the 3DS? It's just a peripheral, just like the WiiMotionPlus was to the WiiMote. Chances are, it won't be needed for most games, but it's something nice to have.

But then that's just me, babbling on like the idiot I am.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
How is this killing the 3DS? It's just a peripheral, just like the WiiMotionPlus was to the WiiMote. Chances are, it won't be needed for most games, but it's something nice to have.

With a console, sure. That's fine... No harm in attaching a little thing to a Wii Remote. Just a pain because you have to buy it.

With a handheld... completely different story. The handheld is now 2x the size.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
awssk8er said:
Slyakin said:

With a console, sure. That's fine... No harm in attaching a little thing to a Wii Remote. Just a pain because you have to buy it.

You are not required to buy it. Nintendo isn't forcing the product down your throat. If you don't like it don't buy it.

I'll wait for official stuff at TGS before really confirming the size of the cradle.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Slyakin said:

It still looks like it can fit in a bag, and you can always separate the console and the expansion. Adding a second slide pad and the R2/L2 buttons sounds like Nintendo's trying a different audience.

Then again, I don't really look at a handheld for how good it looks. I guess I'm just weird like that. :/

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Slyakin said:

More like /.3

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
awssk8er said:
Slyakin said:

You are not required to buy it. Nintendo isn't forcing the product down your throat. If you don't like it don't buy it.

I'll wait for official stuff at TGS before really confirming the size of the cradle.
Well, if it is required for specific games, they are forcing it down your throat.

@Slyakin
Of course it can fit in a bag... I'm a guy. I don't carry a bag around with me.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
If a redesign with it's own 2nd analog slider and extra shoulder buttons comes about, it's only because this peripheral came along. Without it, there's no reason to make a revision incorporating them.
I believe this as well. I think devs or at least Capcom want this more than fans do actually.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Well, if it is required for specific games, they are forcing it down your throat.

@Slyakin
Of course it can fit in a bag... I'm a guy. I don't carry a bag around with me.
BUY IT NAOW ;3

Yeah, it could be required for some games, but it could also be like the WiiMotePlus in the sense that the games that use it are rather small in quantities.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
chris888222 said:
awssk8er said:
Slyakin said:

Not really, that just shows that it's not a gimmick, and just because it's not a gimmick doesn't mean it's "forced" on you, you're the one who chooses to play the games where it's mandatory.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just think this whole idea is absolutely ridiculous, and I don't see what Nintendo is thinking...

It barely adds anything to gameplay, and makes current 3DS owners pissed off, potential 3DS owners want to wait for a new model, and non-3DS owners laugh...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I just think this whole idea is absolutely ridiculous, and I don't see what Nintendo is thinking...

It barely adds anything to gameplay, and makes current 3DS owners pissed off, potential 3DS owners want to wait for a new model, and non-3DS owners laugh...
Yeah, what was Nintendo thinking trying to make Camera control easier by releasing an optional product no one's forcing us to buy that could possibly open up a multitude of new gameplay options. The nerve.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4