3DS extra slide-pad + Monster Hunter 3G confirmed!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
I guess since the attachment is optional and not mandatory, it is a gimmick. (Going by someone logic)
tpi.gif

Anyway, I hope the game does come over.
At the current time that is exactly what it is, yes.

You say it as if it were a negative thing, though.

Also, it's not "my" logic. I just did the research, followed the facts and posted it here.

Eswar21297

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
total.idiot.easy.la
XP
Country
India
I don't know if this idea was suggested, but I think that the Slide pad should be a slide in and out like the old DS Stylus placement, but it'll become a bit thicker. They could also put an armored case for the top screen for no reason at all.

I'll definitely buy it, as long as it has an upgraded battery pack, more power than PowerPak+.

Have a good day.

PS: I never played Monster Hunter, but by taking a good look at videos it looks addicting.
tongue.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ikki said:
awssk8er said:
It barely adds anything to gameplay, and makes current 3DS owners pissed off
Meanwhile, two months ago: Every-fucking-one complaining about the lack of a second analog stick.
I never heard anyone cry for an analog stick / slider on the old DS. Camera control was fine on DS. Why is it that the 3DS must have a 2nd slider? It's just a trend and cool now to whine about anything Nintendo.

It's really easy: If you think you really need a 2nd slide pad, buy it. If you think camera control on touch screen or whatever works for, don't buy it. You will see that it will always be optional when even the game (MH) it comes out for doesn't demand it as mandatory. And it's not like the WM+. When that came out it was mandatory for Wii Sports Resort. With this "cradle" the developers will always come up with different control schemes.

On a side note: Nintendo betrayed us all. Let's go to Nintendo HQ and burn them down
ph34r.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SpaceJump said:
Ikki said:
awssk8er said:
Meanwhile, two months ago: Every-fucking-one complaining about the lack of a second analog stick.
I never heard anyone cry for an analog stick / slider on the old DS. Camera control was fine on DS. Why is it that the 3DS must have a 2nd slider? It's just a trend and cool now to whine about anything Nintendo.

It's really easy: If you think you really need a 2nd slide pad, buy it. If you think camera control on touch screen or whatever works for, don't buy it. You will see that it will always be optional when even the game (MH) it comes out for doesn't demand it as mandatory. And it's not like the WM+. When that came out it was mandatory for Wii Sports Resort. With this "cradle" the developers will always come up with different control schemes.

On a side note: Nintendo betrayed us all. Let's go to Nintendo HQ and burn them down
ph34r.gif
No fanboyism but - since the PSV has em everyone were angry that Nintendo didn't incorporate it.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Guys don't bother posting, it's become a trend for every other fan to whine about a particular company, if they don't have something that their fav company is getting. Like I said before, the 3DS needn't follow the Vita's road. It's fine as it is. Extra C-Pad is NOT required.

If 3DS owners really are bothered with this, then answer my question:- Why did you buy a 3DS in the first place? To continously whine about lack of stuff?? I'm sure after this C-Pad scenario is done and out. People will start complaining about 3DS getting no games, 3DS 3D being stupid because they can't see it, small screen etc etc list goes on.

I wonder what complains will take birth when Vita releases??
unsure.gif
Back Touchpad troubling?? Vita lacking R2,L2, R3 and L3?? Pfftt.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
chris888222 said:
SpaceJump said:
Ikki said:
awssk8er said:

ph34r.gif
No fanboyism but - since the PSV has em everyone were angry that Nintendo didn't incorporate it.
Exactly, the 3DS was fine until all saw the two analog sticks on the PSV. The 3DS was and is still fine with one slide pad. They really made this 2nd slide pad for all those whiners and they still aren't satisfied.

Basically trendy whiners whine about Nintendo. If Nintendo adresses their problem, they still whine...

So who comes with me burning Nintendo HQ down?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
SpaceJump said:
Exactly, the 3DS was fine until all saw the two analog sticks on the PSV. The 3DS was and is still fine with one slide pad. They really made this 2nd slide pad for all those whiners and they still aren't satisfied.

Basically trendy whiners whine about Nintendo. If Nintendo adresses their problem, they still whine...

So who comes with me burning Nintendo HQ down?
We can whine about the Vita when it comes, that'll settle the score
closedeyes.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Camera controls were "fine" on the DS because they never built games like that. A common issue with the PSP, on the other hand, is that devs tried shoehorning a dual analog type control scheme onto a system with one analogue (commonly it would be analog nub + Square/Circle/Triangle/X). It didn't work terribly for some games but you could tell it was a far cry from dual analog controls.

And to say the peripheral adds nothing to gameplay is pretty much a sign of ignorance. It's still completely retarded looking and seems like they just forgot to incorporate one on the 3DS originally, but dual analogs certainly adds a lot. It's as though you've missed console gaming over the past 15-some years (PSX to now).

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
A scenario of two people playing a competitive FPS game against each other. One person using the peripheral, the other isn't.

P1( without ): "Dude, you look embarrassing with your 3DS attached to that block."
P2 ( with ): "And you getting your ass handed back to you with this 'block' isn't?"

As "silly" as it may look, if it enhances/improves gameplay, then what's the problem?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
And to say the peripheral adds nothing to gameplay is pretty much a sign of ignorance. It's still completely retarded looking and seems like they just forgot to in
They didn't "forget".

QUOTE(DiscostewSM @ Sep 9 2011, 02:00 PM) A scenario of two people playing a competitive FPS game against each other. One person using the peripheral, the other isn't.

P1( without ): "Dude, you look embarrassing with your 3DS attached to that block."
P2 ( with ): "And you getting your ass handed back to you with this 'block' isn't?"

As "silly" as it may look, if it enhances/improves gameplay, then what's the problem?
P1( without ): "Dude, you look embarrassing with your 3DS attached to that block and on top of that, you are losing big time."
P2 ( with ): "..."

tongue.gif

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
And to say the peripheral adds nothing to gameplay is pretty much a sign of ignorance. It's still completely retarded looking and seems like they just forgot to in
They didn't "forget".

QUOTE(DiscostewSM @ Sep 9 2011, 02:00 PM) A scenario of two people playing a competitive FPS game against each other. One person using the peripheral, the other isn't.

P1( without ): "Dude, you look embarrassing with your 3DS attached to that block and on top of that, you are losing big time."
P2 ( with ): "..."

tongue.gif
does anybody play cod on the wii?????? do you not realize that they made a classic controller.... and they also use MOTION CONTROLLLLLLLLLL . i prefer motion control and will smoke anyone im going against that is using two joysticks.... motion control is where its at, and thats just how it is... but i do like having the option for another analog instead of just having them say " um you dont need those buttons just pick up a stylus and use the touchscreen" i friggin hate touchscreen aiming though it does work, i would rather have access to the axby buttons with the use of motion for the right analog....

edit: not implying that the classic controller has motion control.. though it does look like i said it that way lol.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install updates for cart based content on the 3DS? Because I was thinking it were possible, they could release updates for the control schemes of games that are already out so that they can use the extra triggers and slidepad.

I really don't know because I don't have a 3DS(yet
wink.gif
)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
Is it possible to install updates for cart based content on the 3DS? Because I was thinking it were possible, they could release updates for the control schemes of games that are already out so that they can use the extra triggers and slidepad.

I really don't know because I don't have a 3DS(yet
wink.gif
)

Really not sure about that, considering the games themselves are ROMs (save RAM is not ROM, but that area is small). However, if it is possible to have the updated code binary installed on the 3DS's flash memory and that is loaded to RAM instead of loading from the card, it could work that way. Save data could remain the same, but anything the new binary introduced could reserve it's own small save area on the 3DS's flash memory.

Whether or not the flash memory is allowed for such an operation is an entirely different subject.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Like i said before, ill wait for the 2nd or 3rd 3DS version, like 3DSi XL or something. The possible addition of a second slide pad as well as bigger screens is well worth the wait and this news prove that there is a market for it with this addon.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SS4 said:
Like i said before, ill wait for the 2nd or 3rd 3DS version, like 3DSi XL or something. The possible addition of a second slide pad as well as bigger screens is well worth the wait and this news prove that there is a market for it with this addon.
I'll only stick to that if Nintendo's a real promise breaker.
tongue.gif

Anyways if a redesign were to come out THAT soon (and with dual sticks and better battery), I'll trade in my old and get a new one and also tell myself that this is the last Nintendo system I'm going to get.

kelson98

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
SS4 said:
tongue.gif

Anyways if a redesign were to come out THAT soon (and with dual sticks and better battery), I'll trade in my old and get a new one and also tell myself that this is the last Nintendo system I'm going to get.

u mite hve some compition going on there chris btween new ds and old ds.

Posts merged

chris888222 said:
QUOTE(SS4 @ Sep 10 2011, 10:03 PM)
tongue.gif

u mite hve some compition going on there chris btween new ds and old ds.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this got asked and answered or not but i'm surely not reading through 38 pages of this discussion to find out
tongue.gif

How would the additional butons work on the expansion? I was thinking something like action replay style, the addon slips in the game slot then the game slips into the back of that.

If anyone knows if thats been discussed yet just link me to the page it's on if possible
smile.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
mikeyt1998 said:
Not sure if this got asked and answered or not but i'm surely not reading through 38 pages of this discussion to find out
tongue.gif

How would the additional butons work on the expansion? I was thinking something like action replay style, the addon slips in the game slot then the game slips into the back of that.

If anyone knows if thats been discussed yet just link me to the page it's on if possible
smile.gif
It is likely using the IR. The 3DS DOES have a built-in IR port, right?

We can't confirm this though, we'll need to wait for TGS for more official stuff.

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
chris888222 said:
mikeyt1998 said:
tongue.gif

smile.gif

We can't confirm this though, we'll need to wait for TGS for more official stuff.

Yes.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
chris888222 said:
mikeyt1998 said:
tongue.gif

smile.gif

oh yes! how didnt i notice that... DUH DUH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto