• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, noob here with a few very nooby questions:
1. .3dz roms are just .3ds roms with a header to make it work online, correct?
2. .cia's are just roms you can install directly to your homescreen, and dont have any other advantage than that, or is there more to them?
3. from what I know themes and dlc's must be installed as a .cia file, so if they are, do they function the same as they normally would (nothing extra?)
4. If I were to happen to have a dlc that is not mine, and I install it (as a .cia) will it work with a .3ds/.3dz game on gateway? Are there any tutorials on this?
Thanks in advance, this is really a great forum :yaysp:

1. Yes
2. If the .cia is a game, then yes, it's just a game on the homescreen. No other advantage.
3. Yes, but if you go to theme shop or eshop, it will clear the themes and you have to reinstall.
4. Yes it will work, install as you would any other .cia. Stay out of any areas where the game would check the dlc, or you will need to reinstall it.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a weird issue when I load into emunand and check the settings I see GW3D 4.5.0-10E but when I exit setting my 3DS firmware resets back to sysnand and I have to reload the exploit, is this usually the case?

Yes.

Leaving system settings=leave gateway mode. System soft resets when you leave the settings.

Reactions: CarefulCrysis

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Yes
2. If the .cia is a game, then yes, it's just a game on the homescreen. No other advantage.
3. Yes, but if you go to theme shop or eshop, it will clear the themes and you have to reinstall.
4. Yes it will work, install as you would any other .cia. Stay out of any areas where the game would check the dlc, or you will need to reinstall it.

Can I install CIAs from regions different from my console's region with devmenu?

qwertoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes

Thank you, one last thing, you said using a dlc will work, but stay out of areas where the game would check the dlc or I would need to reinstall it. I'm confused because wouldn't that mean everytime I tried to use the dlc it would check it, then not work?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, one last thing, you said using a dlc will work, but stay out of areas where the game would check the dlc or I would need to reinstall it. I'm confused because wouldn't that mean everytime I tried to use the dlc it would check it, then not work?

I meant area's where it would check purchases. Not just places that would use it. So basically stay out of the in game stores where you would buy it/be redirected to eshop.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so out of the loop with GBAtemp. It's been a long time since I've logged in, but I've been following Smea on twitter this whole time, so I've got Ninjhax set up and running.

Now what? What can I do with it? Is there a list of .3DSX homebrew games/software?

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, when I reboot the 3DS or run a DS cart, after installing the GW exploit, I'm going to need to get back into GW mode again. Do I just have to go to profile in settings again to crash the 3DS and re-enter GW mode or do I have to put in the blue card and run the whole thing to enter GW mode again?

CamelSnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, when I reboot the 3DS or run a DS cart, after installing the GW exploit, I'm going to need to get back into GW mode again. Do I just have to go to profile in settings again to crash the 3DS and re-enter GW mode or do I have to put in the blue card and run the whole thing to enter GW mode again?

you only need the blue card if you played a ds game, you dont need it if you have installed the exploit and have NOT ran any ds carts.

kraan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.matsindia.wordpress.com
XP
Country
God I love this part of the forum.
I haven't seen this being discussed on the forum except for an old 2011 topic but;

Do you think it is possible to create a psx emulator? Seeing how many problems there are with even a GBA emulator running properly, do you think a workable psx emulator could ever be possible? Even if it has a select game library, leaving out some of the more demanding titles.

I'm so out of the loop with GBAtemp. It's been a long time since I've logged in, but I've been following Smea on twitter this whole time, so I've got Ninjhax set up and running.

Now what? What can I do with it? Is there a list of .3DSX homebrew games/software?

http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications

Here you can find your homebrew software applications. More are added weekly. Enjoy!

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi quick question... can i use gateway and savedatafiler to edit save files for card1 games? or is it only card2 games that are possible?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just updated to the new emuNAND 9.4, how do I go about moving to a larger SD? Just copy/paste to new SD Card? I read that the emuNAND is stored on a different partition? if so how do I go about it?
Format emuannd on the new sd card then copy everything on the old SD card to the new card.
Backup emunand using emunand tool.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

Finally, inject the original emunand into the new sd card.

thedarkmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Format emuannd on the new sd card then copy everything on the old SD card to the new card.
Backup emunand using emunand tool.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

Finally, inject the original emunand into the new sd card.

confused from Step 1 - Format emuNAND on the new SD Card
So do I put the gateway files on the SD and load on Gateway. Then use the "format" emunand in the Gateway Menu?

Then Copy everything over from the OLD SD to the NEW. Then use the emunand tool to get the emunand from the old SD and inject into the new SD

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
confused from Step 1 - Format emuNAND on the new SD Card
So do I put the gateway files on the SD and load on Gateway. Then use the "format" emunand in the Gateway Menu?

Then Copy everything over from the OLD SD to the NEW. Then use the emunand tool to get the emunand from the old SD and inject into the new SD
Yes, you have described the steps correctly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1