A Couple of Android Questions

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure you started the hostilities here?

They found a browser that works for then, where no other browsers worked. It's okay to ask but it's also completely within their rights to not be comfortable with answering. Their personal experiences are their business and they don't owe any explanations to anyone... why the need to press the issue and question them about it?

Then you bring out the name-calling because... you were offended that they weren't willing to disclose information about their work? Their reply wasn't even rude, just annoyed... wouldn't you be, too?

This isn't worth it... can't we just all be friends instead?

I started hostilities? Never happened. I asked which sites were not working and AmandaRose got bent out of shape because they assumed they were being attacked or something when they weren't. I then made it clear that I was simply wanting to test the sites and that no one actually really cares what browser they are using. And name calling? That never happened either. I never called anyone names. I agree that this is all unnecessary and I agree to disagree. But the things you accused me of absolutely never took place.

That said, peace. :)

Last edited by Stone_Wings,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, can you send a screenshot? I don't understand.
I'm going to take my phone up to tmobile, I'm not buying this app if I can't even use it. I'm not sure how best to explain it, but for both ringtone and notifications, when I put one of the star trek sounds to them, they have a bunch of numbers for the name, in system settings, and they don't work (not even listed under custom when you try checking by clicking on them).

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to take my phone up to tmobile, I'm not buying this app if I can't even use it. I'm not sure how best to explain it, but for both ringtone and notifications, when I put one of the star trek sounds to them, they have a bunch of numbers for the name, in system settings, and they don't work (not even listed under custom when you try checking by clicking on them).

Will Tmobile actually install custom sounds for you? It seems like something very easy is being overlooked. it really shouldn't be this difficult. I've never in my life had any issue at all setting custom sounds on any phone I've ever owned. What app are you talking about buying? Can you show a screenshot of what you're seeing? Are the Star Trek sounds in the correct format?

Reactions: smileyhead

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot_20220308-062201_Settings.jpg

here's what they look like, they're not supposed to be a bunch of numbers.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're taking this far too personally, regardless...

YOU are the one taking this far too personally. It wasn't even involving you. AmandaRose seems to be fine with agreeing to disagree. Seems you are not. How about you just stay out of it, since the other two who were actually involved have already worked it out. Also, saying someone is uptight is not name calling. Just go away if you're going to continue on with this and not help with the actual topic.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
View attachment 300853

here's what they look like, they're not supposed to be a bunch of numbers.
I'm gonna assume the app author just sucks at naming files.
I'd say, try avoiding paid apps and just download the sounds from the internet for free.

Reactions: Stone_Wings

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not supposed to be named that.

Rename them yourself? And have you tried playing the sounds with an audio player to see if they are actually good files? If they are named incorrectly and don't even work when set, perhaps they are bad files to begin with.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
YOU are the one taking this far too personally. It wasn't even involving you. AmandaRose seems to be fine with agreeing to disagree. Seems you are not. How about you just stay out of it, since the other two who were actually involved have already worked it out. Also, saying someone is uptight is not name calling. Just go away if you're going to continue on with this and not help with the actual topic.
🤷‍♀ I'm not the one who got upset and started throwing names around.

All I was doin was trying to clear up a misunderstanding and help you feel better about things. I guess you don't want that though and would prefer to stay upset.

Well, I tried.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
🤷‍♀ I'm not the one who got upset and started throwing names around.

All I was doin was trying to clear up a misunderstanding and help you feel better about things. I guess you don't want that though and would prefer to stay upset.

Well, I tried.

No, you stuck your nose in where it didn't belong. Things were worked out and you kept on. I said "peace" and you kept on. Things were explained to you and you kept on. AmandaRose was done and you kept on. You were asked to stop and you kept on. I guess you prefer to stay upset? If there's one thing I hate more than a troll, it's a hypocrite.

I am politely asking you to stop with the unnecessary garbage once and for all. If you continue with your obvious trolling, I will report it from here on out. And again, stating that someone is uptight is not "throwing names around". Lmfao.

@godreborn What exactly is that last image supposed to be showing us? Edit: I see you stated under the image. I think it's the app you are using for sounds that is the problem. Not your phone. What is the name of the app you got the sounds from?

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's called star trek sounds, pro. it worked before, which is what doesn't make sense.

I just tried the app. The non pro version called "TREK: Sounds [Present]" and it does the same things for me. When it sets any tones it labels them as numbers instead of the proper names. When I scroll the list of sounds to assign, they are also not listed for me. They do seem to work though. When I got a notification it was the proper Star Trek sound I had set. And when I called my own cell, the Star Trek ring tone was working. The app just sucks. Nothing at all wrong with your phone. Hope that at least helps you feel better, knowing that it's NOT your phone. :)

Edit: The reason they don't show up when scrolling through sound lists, is because they are being stored in a different location than the normal system sounds. Most likely in the apps own directory but I am unable to look without root access on this phone. If that's the case, every sound from the app could be simply moved to the proper location to make them appear in the sounds lists and then that junk app could be uninstalled - but it would require root access. Or, as was suggested by smileyhead, just find ringtones elsewhere (or create them yourself) and place them in the proper location on your phone.

Reactions: godreborn

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should definitely use Ad-guard. Combine this with "CCSWE app manager" to de-bloat your phone from the unwanted system apps, including youtube without needing to root your phone. Use youtube vanced in it's place and you'll never have any ad on your phone in any app or browsers. If you play games with ads for bonuses they won't work either , so you'd have to temporarily disable ad-guard while you play or whitelist ads from that particular game (might whitelist other ads though , who knows).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo