geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Also SMTxFE is basically vaporware at this point.

Also "Nintendo" and "new IPs" don't mix.

So many unfortunate truths! My heart can't take it! :cry:
(Not without Prilosec, at least)

While hype is fun, a lot of poor folks are really set themselves up for disappointment when Nintendo Directs are announced. Passion is good, excitement is good, but hoping for spontaneous left-fielders always seems to end in a letdown, time and time again :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it doesn't matter what they do on the 3DS. It already is guaranteed to outsell the Vita, so minimal effort is required to maintain their lead. That makes it so that they can also maintain their promise to compromise potential sales because of their Ambassador "nobody else will ever get GBA VC games on the 3DS" thing. Essentially, Nintendo is so confident in their handheld, they can make stupid ass decisions and can be reasonably assured that it will do nothing to stunt 3DS sales. Of course, moves like this don't encourage more sales either for the 3DS or Wii U.

Regardless, from what I'm aware of, the Wii U Virtual Console selection is still exceptionally lacking when compared to what the Wii had after the same amount of release time. Adding more consoles like the NDS and GBA that they'll still barely add any games for doesn't seem like a very big deal in the long run.

It's pretty damn lacking, not as bad as the 3DS's selection, but bad nonetheless. In fact, I don't even know why I hope to see good releases on there.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm definitely not satisfied with how ol' Ninty is handling the Wii U situation either, but it's not like the Wii U has NOTHING but Virtual Console and retro-styled indie games, silly!

And while we're on the subject, you can't deny that Virtual Console has made a lot of old classics accessible again. To a lot of folks, it's more convenient than tracking down a physical copy, certainly! I bought Super Metroid on the eShop for $8.00, but it's not uncommon for folks to pony up $25+ for a physical copy!

Also also, a lot of indie games are splendid titles! Trivializing them simply because of their aesthetic is very questionable :P

Cheer up! The Wii U situation sucks, but so long as you've got one, you might as well play!

You call those Indie Games good games? And people call the PS4 the IndieStation(Which have a lot better looking Indie Games like OUTLAST, Resogun, Contrast, etc. Also Real Free-to-Play Games)

I'm not saying the Wii U is only for Crappy Indie games cuz I played Pikmin 3, SM3DW, WWHD, etc but it only has a few good games and 0 Third Party AAA titles. Even Watch Dogs got delayed. Damn not even PS3/Xbox360 games are releasing on Wii U like Lightning Returns, Dark Souls 2, etc. Whowill want to buy a $300 Console to play GBA games? Not even OUYA is worth it.

The 3DS is the way to go for Nintendo games.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
You call those Indie Games good games?

I haven't played them! Have you? :P You're really missing out on lots of nifty games if you're so quick to dismiss them because they look retro :O Very silly! Why not keep an open mind and see if we enjoy what we're getting? :P

Also, for what it's worth, it's not as easy as people think to pull of a nice retro aesthetic. Setting your own limitations and making it look good takes true skill and shouldn't be dismissed! Shovel Knight, for instance, really nails that "NES Sunsoft/Capcom" vibe with its visuals. Very commendable!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You call those Indie Games good games? And people call the PS4 the IndieStation(Which have a lot better looking Indie Games like OUTLAST, Resogun, Contrast, etc. Also Real Free-to-Play Games)

I'm not saying the Wii U is only for Crappy Indie games cuz I played Pikmin 3, SM3DW, WWHD, etc but it only has a few good games and 0 Third Party AAA titles. Even Watch Dogs got delayed. Damn not even PS3/Xbox360 games are releasing on Wii U like Lightning Returns, Dark Souls 2, etc. Whowill want to buy a $300 Console to play GBA games? Not even OUYA is worth it.

The 3DS is the way to go for Nintendo games.

Lightning Returns? Final Fantasy hasn't been good in years.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Lightning Returns? Final Fantasy hasn't been good in years.
Lightning Returns is surprisingly decent. It has actual exploration again, freedom to do main quests or side questing, as well as a pretty solid battle system. All in all, a lot of the problems from XIII have been completely taken care of in XIII-3. The story is still convoluted and ridiculous with how much explaining is required (there is seriously a never ending stream of commentary between Lightning and Hope), but all in all, it's a good step in the right direction.

Reactions: weavile001

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also SMTxFE is basically vaporware at this point.

Nah, I wouldn't think so. Just because you don't hear about a title, doesn't mean it isn't in development. In fact, that's what was said about the Persona 3DS game. It was announced that the Persona team was working on a Persona 3DS title when the 3DS was shown off all the way back in 2010 I believe, and we didn't hear anything about it until last year. I don't know what team is working on the crossover at Atlus, but there's precedent with the SMT series, so I wouldn't call the title dead. Unless, something was said and I missed it?

Either way, I enjoyed the presentation. I keep saying that I'm not going to get Tropical Freeze, but every time I look at it my wallet inches towards the edges of my pocket. Seeing Little Mac was pretty cool, too. Though I wasn't too big on seeing all of the Koopa Kids. To each his own, but I've never liked those kids.

And I love Mario Golf....so I'm pretty excited about that, as well. Which reminds me, I recently bought Hot Shots Golf for the Vita. I haven't played it yet, but I'm suuuuper excited to.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Fucking dropped right there.
To be fair, a lot of the names are kind of shitty, but they've maintained since the super shitty XIII, so there wasn't a lot that could be done while staying in the same world with the same main protagonist. Regardless, Final Fantasy is making a very reasonable move towards a total action RPG system. With XV, hopefully all the kinks of the past, oh, decade or so, are finally worked out. That, and as long as XV doesn't have a super terrible story, I'll be content.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, a lot of the names are kind of shitty, but they've maintained since the super shitty XIII, so there wasn't a lot that could be done while staying in the same world with the same main protagonist. Regardless, Final Fantasy is making a very reasonable move towards a total action RPG system. With XV, hopefully all the kinks of the past, oh, decade or so, are finally worked out. That, and as long as XV doesn't have a super terrible story, I'll be content.

It's not really the name it's just that he's a horrific character.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not really the name it's just that he's a horrific character.
Oh, well, yeah. He is pretty much just giving you information though through Lightning Returns. You don't actually have to deal with his terrible character itself more than just his voice telling you about all the miscellaneous things you would otherwise have to practically read a book on.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You all predict something of worth to come out of this Direct?
I am going with the one directive given to this being "just don't say how much we suck right now, this may mean waffling about not a lot for the duration and some vague allusions to future promise/potential".

100% right !

Meh, not really interested in the 3DS at this point. I need to see something big happen.
I guess you didn't like 90% of this ND.

Expecting no less than....
Zelda Majora's Mask 3D
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes
Metroid U/ 3D
Zelda U
:P

score: 0/4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo