A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 11 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome! I been waiting for this first Nintendo Switch flashcart come out next month on new year 2024. It said it will work on all Nintendo Switch systems. Not sure if maybe will work on new Nintendo Switch 2 next year or not. Wait and see what go on.

Can't use microSD 32 GB or less because Nintendo Switch games are bigger than 4 GB size (limited on FAT32 only). Save old 32 GB microSD for Acekard 2i, Super DStwo and Gateway blue flashcart and other like R4, etc to play Nintendo DS games and old school retro games like Atari, Sega Gensis, NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance. I had Sky3DS Plus and Gateway Red flashcart work fine with SanDisk 128 GB microSD (ExFAT type) without any problems. Only 64 GB and up to 2 TB microSD will work just fine like normal way. I will wait when 512 GB - 1 TB microSD go on sale then I will buy few microSD.

Good news about KIOXIA releases the world’s first 2TB MicroSD card

https://overclock3d.net/news/memory/kioxia-releases-the-worlds-first-2tb-microsd-card/

1703382876143.png

I think Switch flashcard maybe work with this KIOXIA 2 TB microsd! We and anyone need to try it. It can hold about between 120 - 180+ of Switch games on 2 TB microSD card.

I hope Switch flashcart will support XCI and NSP format of all games and include DLCs for any games. It should have firmware updates to fix any issues for any people to report any problems in near future then roll out new firmware to solve any problems. Wait and see what go on in new year 2024.

Remember when happen to internet get broke down or Nintendo company kill Nintendo Switch store online. Switch flashcart will be very useful when internet broke down anytime and Nintendo already kill support off Switch online digital store. I know CFW need more few work require internet to download few files or not?

Last edited by console,
  • Wow
Reactions: zebrone and impeeza

KiwiFruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think its a glitch attack

probably works on all switches and not permanently fixable

but very unhealthy for your switch hardware, can damage the reader permanently

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh.

In a world of CFW, Flashcards are kinda useless.
In a world where custom firmware exists but isn't able to be installed on every model, at least not easily...I think people just keep inserting their own preferences as a fact when reality isn't that simple. Plus, who has a say on what's useful and useless where this is concerned when custom firmware in most cases is an underutilized resource by majority of people, because most people primarily only care about playing games for free rather than actually defining what it means to be custom in most cases. I don't think most have the right to say what's useful and what isn't when most can't even properly utilize the power they have properly to begin with (spite against Nintendo doesn't count as a reason either). You also forget not everyone wants to crack open their system and do hard mods and what not, but hey, I'm probably going to be told yet again "fuck those people." in an indirect "nice" way as per usual. Which is also another way of saying "I don't care about the use case for others as a whole, only my own matters and I don't need it, therefore bad."

Though I will say this flash device concept is pretty bad, you'll wear that slot out in no time, essentially just a Sky3DS, but for the Switch, but functionally worse. Consider a button design at least for crying out loud, and don't make them cheap flakes either.

Personally speaking I wouldn't trust this with a 10 foot pole, security measures exist for cartridges, and considering this device lacks any uniqueness let alone validity to the security (unless illegal source magic was used here when that's a no-no) when running ROM dumps, a ban wave is waiting to happen lol. Nintendo will definitely get whiff of a bunch of people running games with all the same identifiers and such lol. Rehash of the early Sky3DS days back when people were playing online with invalid data, that wave of bans was hilarious.

KiwiFruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I will say this flash device concept is pretty bad, you'll wear that slot out in no time, essentially just a Sky3DS, but for the Switch, but functionally worse. Consider a button design at least for crying out loud, and don't make them cheap flakes either.

i think insertion is necessary because of attack type on lotus, button won't work or they would have make button to begin with

many people will obliterate their card reader thinking they got a great deal for piracy but end up with brick reader after a while

gloves were necessary for user safety for same reasons :rofl2:

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think insertion is necessary because of attack type on lotus, button won't work or they would have make button to begin with

many people will obliterate their card reader thinking they got a great deal for piracy but end up with brick reader after a while

gloves were necessary for user safety for same reasons :rofl2:
Insert cartridge to get free ban, 100% real, 3AM, not clickbait.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 11 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Good luck inserting the cartridge over 100 times to find the game you want to play.
Yeah I know. LOL :rofl2:

Just wait for Switch flashcard version 2 will have two buttons on top similar like Sky3DS plus to solve big problems. I remember Sky3DS had one red button and one blue button was release out before company updated to final design on two orange buttons after due to flaw design of red/blue one button. I would just wait for Switch flash card with two buttons then don't have to press in and out of Switch system game slot often to reduce wear and tear down.

Reactions: Sonic3320

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know. LOL :rofl2:

Just wait for Switch flashcard version 2 will have two buttons on top similar like Sky3DS plus to solve big problems. I remember Sky3DS had one red button and one blue button was release out before company updated to final design on two orange buttons after due to flaw design of red/blue one button. I would just wait for Switch flash card with two buttons then don't have to press in and out of Switch system game slot often to reduce wear and tear down.
Well, the concept isn't technically bad if you actually use your brain and not try to throw a whole library of titles on the SD card....you know, the library of 99% of titles you won't actually play, or if you do play more than 1% of that library, it's way later down the road...A lot of people just aren't smart about managing their titles.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But what if the card could be used to get CFW working?
Most likely people will dump Flashcard Firmware to make CFW.
Post automatically merged:

And then creator of flashcard will brick consoles in order to protect sales of flashcards.

Last edited by JuanMena,

kb7cxWMSrPwL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Assuming it's real, the fear of being banned is may be overblown somewhat.
The issue is because game cards are designed to be removable and usable between devices, any console bans and/or account bans from using this device would be infectious. This is one of the same reasons why Nintendo doesn't ban for content on the microSD card, being removable also means being infectious.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for the version with tiny lcd and two buttons, press button to increment or decrement the number which is the index to the game you have on the SD

Soon we will be seeing people blowing at it hoping to fix contact problem

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming it's real, the fear of being banned is may be overblown somewhat.
The issue is because game cards are designed to be removable and usable between devices, any console bans and/or account bans from using this device would be infectious. This is one of the same reasons why Nintendo doesn't ban for content on the microSD card, being removable also means being infectious.
Each game cart has a unique cert. You can't have same one online at the same time. Getting ban is a sure thing unless you buy a legit copy and use this as a backup.

can they make one for ps5? :P
They already did that last year. They made 5 for ps5.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Each game cart has a unique cert. You can't have same one online at the same time. Getting ban is a sure thing unless you buy a legit copy and use this as a backup.

They already did that last year. They made 5 for ps5.

Really, Which flashcarts? :O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OmDRetro @ OmDRetro:
    @Xdqwerty HM...

If the cat girl leaves, my kokoro dies a little.

If I piss off the cat grill friend, I get no food and he's likely to grill me.

There's just no winning here 😂
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @OmDRetro, good point
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Anyone play Little Kitty, Big City?
    My kitty was watching me play. <3 <3 <3
    its a game that came out a few days ago. Its on Game Pass too.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, but what is the game about?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Never heard of it. Any good?
    You control a kitten. You fall out the window and have to make your way back home. Solve some light puzzles, do cat things like knock stuff over and steal things, trip people up when theyre walking, pounce on birds, complete goals/tasks etc. in the process of getting back to your home.
    +1
    I think ones enjoyment would depend on how much a person loves cats. :)
    +1
    Theres my kitty watching me play.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I'm a cat person so this game must be for me. :D
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, sounds kinda neat
    @SylverReZ It's short but adorable imo. Im a HUGE cat lover.Can be completed in a couple of hours if just going for the main goals. But can be stretched out a good deal by exploring and doing everything there is to do and see.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, like a cat gta?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Reminds me of a similar game called "Neko Atsume", similar to Nintendogs but you look after cats.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, wasnt there an official nintendogs game with cats for the 3ds?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ill have no wifi for a bit so see ya later
    +2
    Gross. lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Ok seeya.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed, with his thing propped up in the air, a fly is flying around and landing on the tip and bothering him, so he calls in the nurse. The nurse comes in, swats at the fly but can't quite reach it, so she climbs his boner to get better aim. After a few tries of swatting and sliding back down, she says sorry I cant get it. He says keep going, a few more tries, and I can shoot it down.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed...